In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Continuing Pharmacy Education
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day
- Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Welcome Week
- Alpha Chi Induction Dinner
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
PCP grad is a jack-of-all-trades and successful in many
Pharmacy alumnus Mayank Amin PharmD’09 is a jack-of-all-trades—and successful in many. After all, he is a pharmacist, community advocate, celebrity body double, and owner of an event-planning firm whose clients include the Phillies.
Soon after Amin earned his doctor of pharmacy degree in 2009, he began his work as a full-time rotating pharmacist for Walgreens, where he was assigned to various store locations spanning Philadelphia to Lancaster. His responsibilities, however, included more than just filling prescriptions. That's because he volunteered to do community outreach, including delivering immunizations at nursing homes, and played a key role in boosting immunization rates among underprivileged patients.
But pharmacist work involves weekend hours, which interfered with something else Amin is passionate about—teaching kids at his temple in Lansdale, Pennsylvania. So while continuing with Walgreens on a per-diem basis, Amin secured a traditional 9-to-5 job as a safety surveillance associate at Pfizer in 2011.
By 2014, however, the highly-motivated pharmacist was ready to launch his very own business; one that had nothing to do with the pharmaceutical industry. Growing up as the son of a successful businessman inspired Amin to start his event-planning business, Platinum Dream Events, L.L.C.
Here are some other fun facts about Amin:
- He will complete his MBA from Villanova University in May 2015.
- During his last semester at USciences, he was selected as the body double for actor Dev Patel in the 2010 movie, The Last Airbender.
- As a young pharmacy student, he co-founded the USciences Dhamaal dance team. British singer-songwriter Jay Sean used them as his background dancers during his 2005 summer tour.
Categories: News, Feature Story, Alumni, Profiles, Proven Everywhere, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Pharmacy, Pharmacy Administration