In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Continuing Pharmacy Education
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day
- Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Welcome Week
- Alpha Chi Induction Dinner
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Men's Basketball Team Earns NCAA Tournament Bid, Plays Saturday
Published on March 9, 2015
The University of the Sciences men's basketball team has earned the No. 6 seed in the NCAA Division II Men's Basketball East Region Tournament and will face No. 3 seed St. Anselm College in the opening round of the Tournament on Saturday, March 14. The tournament will be held in Springfield, Mass., and American International College will be the host school.
The game will tip off at noon and ticket information will be made public later in the week.
The Devils (24-5) earned one of the five at-large bids in the region after winning the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference South Division regular season title and putting together a strong body of work throughout the season. The Devils lost in the CACC Tournament semi-finals to Philadelphia University who went on to win the conference's automatic bid by defeating Wilmington University for the title.
This is the Devils' first appearance in the NCAA Division II Tournament. USciences joined the NCAA as a provisional member in 1999 and became an active member at the start of the 2003-04 season.
St. Anselm (19-9) also was one of the five at-large selections to the regional tournament, after losing in the Northeast 10 title game to top seed and host American International College, 85-79. This will be the first time University of the Sciences and St. Anselm have ever faced each other on the hardwood.
The winner of USciences/St. Anselm matchup faces the winner of No. 2 seed Southern New Hampshire and No. 7 seed Stonehill on Sunday, March 15. The East Region Final will be held on Tuesday, March 17.
In the other half of the bracket, No. 1 seed American International takes on No. 8 seed Philadelphia University and No. 4 seed Bridgeport faces off against No. 5 seed Southern Connecticut State.
The winner of the region advances to the Elite Eight, which begins on March 25 in Evansville, Ind.
NCAA Division II Men's Basketball East Region Tournament Participants
- American International (23-6) – Northeast-10 Champion
- Southern New Hampshire (21-7) – At-large
- St. Anselm (19-9) – At-large
- Bridgeport (24-6) – East Coast Conference Champion
- Southern Connecticut (22-7) – At-large
- University of the Sciences (24-5) – At-large
- Stonehill (19-9) – At-large
- Philadelphia U. (22-8) – CACC Champion
Categories: News, Students, Athletics, USciences