In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Dr. Marc Campolo Named Associate Dean of Interprofessional Education at USciences
With a commitment toward providing students with multidisciplinary healthcare experience, Marc Campolo, PhD, has been named associate dean of interprofessional education for Samson College of Health Sciences at University of the Sciences. He enters this role having served as the University’s chair of the Department of Physical Therapy since 2006—a role in which he was instrumental in getting the newly-developed doctor of physical therapy program fully accredited in 2009.
“In his expanded role, Dr. Campolo will continue to promote and develop interprofessional learning programs to prepare our students for professional work on multidisciplinary healthcare teams which provide interdisciplinary patient-centered care,” said Heidi M. Anderson, PhD, provost and vice president for academic affairs at USciences.
Over the past decade, Dr. Campolo has also served as co-chair of the University’s pro bono physical therapy clinic, which offers free physical therapy services to the West Philadelphia community. In 2010, he developed the Samson College's Office of Interprofessional Education (SCOIPE) at USciences, and he continues to serve as its director.
Under his leadership, SCOIPE has been involved in interprofessional education course development, strategic planning, sponsored lectures, and community service events. The office also provides grants to Samson College students to encourage them to work together across programs, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, and physician assistant studies. In his new role, Dr. Campolo will continue this work and incorporate all academic programs across the campus in interprofessional education activities.
Dr. Campolo, of Villanova, earned his PhD in philosophy in health science from Seton Hall University, MA in exercise physiology from Adelphi University, and BS in physical therapy from Hunter College. He is also a board-certified sports physical therapist, athletic trainer, and strength and conditioning specialist.
Categories: News, Announcement, Faculty, Academics, Samson College, USciences, Department of Physical Therapy, Physical Therapy