In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Dr. Lisa A. Lawson Presented with Honorary Alumnus Award at USciences
Philadelphia College of Pharmacy Dean Lisa A. Lawson, PharmD, HonAlm’15, was recently presented with the Honorary Alumnus Award at University of the Sciences’ annual Alumni Reunion on Saturday, Oct. 24. This distinguished award is presented to a non-alumnus/a who has shown exemplary dedication and commitment to the mission of the University.
Dr. Lawson has taught hundreds of student-pharmacists at USciences since her arrival in 1982 as an assistant professor of clinical pharmacy. Over the past three decades, she has held several leadership roles within PCP, including director of the doctor of pharmacy program (1989-94), assistant dean of pharmacy (1994-2006), associate dean (2006-08), vice dean (2008), and interim dean.
She was appointed dean of PCP in 2010, and also serves as the Barbara H. Korberly Professor in Women’s Leadership and Health in the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Pharmacy Administration.
Outside of the classroom, Dr. Lawson is an accomplished writer and speaker. Her research interests encompass pharmacokinetics and curricular implementation and development. Some of her recent awards include the Paul F. Parker Award from the University of Kentucky and the KE Career Achievement Award from Kappa Epsilon Fraternity.
Dr. Lawson received her BS in pharmacy from University of Nebraska, and then went on to complete her doctor of pharmacy degree from the University of Kentucky, College of Pharmacy in 1980. She also completed an American Society of Health‑System Pharmacists-accredited residency in hospital pharmacy at the Albert B. Chandler Medical Center in 1977-80.
She resides in Wallingford, Pennsylvania, with her husband, Gene Gibson, who is also a pharmacist. Their oldest son, Benjamin, is employed at Johns Hopkins University, while their other son, Andrew, received his doctor of pharmacy degree from USciences in 2014.
Categories: News, Feature Story, Alumni, Faculty, Proven Everywhere, Awards and Honors, USciences, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Pharmacy