In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Usciences Thanks Their Alumni Volunteers
BRIAN MAI BI’85 shares his story about why he volunteers.
As the “living endowment” of our institution, alumni carry their passion and pride for USciences to their professions, to their families, and right back to the campus where it all began. Over 200 alumni volunteered at, with, or for the University during fiscal year 2013– 2014, and we were thrilled to showcase their contributions in our second annual Alumni Volunteer Report, which was mailed to all 14,000+ alumni.
On October 2, 2014, nearly 30 of our alumni volunteers were recognized at a celebration reception in the McNeil Science and Technology Center. Each volunteer received a lapel pin, indicating his/her status as a USciences volunteer. Coinciding with the release date of the report, the reception featured reflections from Col. S. ROGERS WETHERILL, III, P’68, MS, president, USciences Alumni Association, and BRIAN MAI BI’85, as well as sincere thanks from HELEN GILES-GEE, PhD, president, USciences.
The entire Alumni Volunteer Report can be found at here. An alphabetical list of all of our alumni volunteers can be found at by clicking here. If you participated in one of our various activities throughout the fiscal year (July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014) and you don’t see your name listed, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations, and we’ll happily add you to the list!
TONI PRIMO BI’15 pins S.ROGERS WETHERILL, III, P’68, MS, Alumni Association president, with a volunteer appreciation pin.
Whether you have an hour a year to volunteer, or several hours per month, USciences has opportunities of various type and duration to fit your busy life and schedule. Please visit our alumni volunteer page for a list of opportunities, as well as a form that you can complete to indicate your interest in a particular activity or to find out more information about various opportunities.
If you volunteer in some capacity during fiscal year 2015 (July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2015), please take a moment to complete the form at the bottom link, which we will use to prepare our volunteer list for next year.
We are so grateful for all the support that you give and look forward to welcoming you to your next USciences activity!
Click here to read the Annual Alumni Volunteer Report.
Alumni Volunteers: We Want You!
Categories: The Bulletin, Alumni, Event, USciences