In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Continuing Pharmacy Education
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day
- Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Welcome Week
- Alpha Chi Induction Dinner
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
As an accomplished alumna of University of the Sciences, Hilary D. Mandler PharmD'85, has been named associate professor of clinical pharmacy and director of the pharmaceutical industry and education fellowship program within its Philadelphia College of Pharmacy. She returns to the University having served in various leadership roles at Shire Pharmaceuticals over the past 13 years.
Her career, however, has encompassed clinical pharmacy practice, academia, bench and clinical research, and oversight of multiple medical science liaison teams within the pharmaceutical industry.
In her new role, Dr. Mandler’s responsibilities will include developing marketing and recruitment strategies for the pharmacy program, sustaining valuable pharmaceutical alliances, and providing mentorship to guide professional growth and leadership capabilities of each fellow.
Aside from her career in the pharmaceutical industry, Dr. Mandler spent 11 years at Hahnemann University Hospital as a clinical coordinator and infectious diseases specialist. There, developed and coordinated an American Society of Health-System Pharmacists-accredited residency program within the hospital’s pharmacy department.
Dr. Mandler, of Cherry Hill, New Jersey, received a doctor of pharmacy degree from University of the Sciences as well as a BS in pharmacy from the University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy. She also completed a two-year post-doctoral fellowship in infectious diseases with University of Rhode Island School of Pharmacy and Brown University Medical School.