In This Section
Partnership Program with the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
If you’re interested in entering the osteopathic profession, USciences offers a partnership with the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM).
Three seats are reserved each year for USciences students. If you meet all program requirements, you’ll receive a guaranteed interview with PCOM.
Two program options feature either three or four years as USciences, followed by four years at PCOM--allowing you to earn both Bachelor of Science (BS) and Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) degrees.
In the 4+4 program, you must complete four years at USciences in any major to earn your BS degree. Then, after successful completion of four years at PCOM, you’ll receive your DO degree.
Current USciences students are eligible to apply if there are seats available. Notify your pre-med advisor and apply for either program option after completing your first or second undergraduate year at USciences.
To apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- No course grade lower than a C
- Desire to become a primary care provider in the tradition of osteopathic medicine
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Program Requirements for Guaranteed Interview
4+4 Program Requirements
- Any major eligible
- Maintain a 3.25 GPA
- MCAT score in ≥ 50th percentile in each MCAT section
- Submit all application materials on time
- Receive a letter of recommendation from an Osteopathic Physician
Partner Program Application Timeline
Apply at the end of first or second undergraduate year
Students may re-apply if not initially selected
Pre-Health Advising Team
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495