In This Section
Pre-Health Professions (Pre-Med) Program
A Proven Pathway: We can help get you where you want to go.
As a pre-med student, or student interested in pre-med programs, including pre-audiology, pre-dental, pre-optometry, pre-podiatry or pre-veterinary studies, choosing USciences will make all the difference with:
- A nationally-respected reputation as a University focused on science and health professions
- One-on-one personalized advising with two, full-time Pre-Health Professions advisors
- The complete support of a team of faculty experts who are active, involved members of the medical and scientific community
- New and exclusive to USciences: a progress tracking tool to help you reach your pre-health goal.
- Admission exam preparation: courses, workshops, and simulated testing facilities
- Hands-on access to meaningful research, as early as your first year, and interprofessional opportunities
- Professional development, including personal statement preparation and mock interviews
- Direct communication with medical schools ensuring up-to-date requirements and information
- A full selection of BS degree programs providing excellent pre-health preparation. All prerequisite courses for medical
school are included in the curricula of most of our majors or can be taken as electives
- Lower and simplified tuition and general fee. Students who enroll in one of our science or healthcare programs will benefit from a lowered and fixed tuition and general fee* for the course of their education. They know the full price to earn that degree from the day they begin—no hidden fees or annual tuition increases, unlike other institutions.
USciences President, Paul Katz MD, brings a wealth of experience in higher education with a strong focus on the health professions. As a student, practitioner, founder, and leader in medical education, Dr. Katz, along with several key faculty and staff, have crafted a pre-health professions (pre-med) program designed to prepare you well for selecting, testing, interviewing and admission.
And we know the kind of candidate sought by medical and other health professions schools—students with a strong foundation in the sciences and humanities—who demonstrate these core competencies. Through personalized course selection, hands-on research, healthcare experiences and application assistance you will be more than prepared to take the next step, to achieve your goal of becoming a doctor, dentist, veterinarian, optometrist or podiatrist.
USciences NewsView All
- Dig It: Student's Passion Leads to Month-Long Excavation Trip in Belize
June 30, 2020
Victoria Pobok Bio'20, HumSci'20 has always loved learning about ancient cultures and this summer she was able to indulge that curiosity during a month-long archeological dig in Northern Belize studying the ancient Maya.
- USciences Honors Elisabetta Fasella with Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching
June 01, 2020
At the 199th Commencement Ceremony, Elisabetta Fasella, PhD was honored with the Lindback Foundation Award for Distinguished Teaching. The award is made possible through a gift from Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback, and is given to a faculty member who is chosen by students for their excellence.
- Biochemistry PhD Alum Offers Advice to Prospective Students
April 03, 2020
Nicolas Cope PhD'20 (biochemistry) credits USciences graduate programs for helping to advance his career and for giving him experience in the field even before graduation.
Pre-Health Advising Team
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495