In This Section
- Our Pathway to Your Success
- Coursework & Duration
- Dual Degree Programs
- Learning Opportunities
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
As a pre-med student at USciences, you’ll have the support of a team of faculty and pre-health profession advisors dedicated to helping you achieve your goal of becoming a doctor, dentist, veterinarian or optometrist. We know the kind of candidate sought by medical and other health professions schools—students with a strong foundation in the sciences and humanities—who demonstrate these core competencies. Through personalized course selection, hands-on research, healthcare experiences and application assistance you will be more than prepared to take the next step.
What Sets Us Apart?
- *94% of USciences students with a 3.6 GPA and an MCAT of 30 are accepted into U.S. MD-granting medical schools. That’s 17% higher than the national average. Dental and veterinary school acceptance
rates are also very high.
- Our BS degree programs provide excellent pre-med preparation. All prerequisite courses
for medical school are included in the curricula of most of our majors or can be taken
- You may conduct hand-on research as early as your first year at USciences, developing
the critical thinking skills that will ready you for the rigors of medical school
- USciences faculty members are respected, involved members of the medical and scientific
community and are experts in their fields.
- Qualified students can pursue a dual BS/professional degree program that may guarantee an interview with one of our partner medical schools. These schools also reserve seats for our students.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
Dr. Bela Peethambaran Presented with USciences Faculty Award of Merit at 2018 Founders' Day
February 20, 2018
The award honors an outstanding faculty member who "exemplifies the innovative and entrepreneurial spirit of USciences' founders."
USciences Celebrates its 197th Founding
February 15, 2018
The ceremony awarded an honorary degree as well as awards of merit to a faculty member, graduate and undergraduate students, and a staff member. In addition, the University recognized endowed positions.
Alumna Finds Her Career in Medical Laboratory Science at USciences
February 14, 2018
Her science passion and desire to work in healthcare led Alexandra Ryan MLS'17 to a career in medical laboratory science.
Workshop Aims to Inform Students about Understanding, Serving, and Working with LGBTQ Individuals
February 14, 2018
The workshop inspired students to provide more education and advocacy for the LGBTQ community.
USciences Alumnus and Peace Corps Volunteer Helps Families in Ethiopia
December 15, 2017
Inspired by his coursework, Michael Elton BI'14 put medical school on hold to pursue something bigger - working as a rural health development worker in Ethiopia as part of the U.S. Peace Corps.
Associate Director, Pre-Health Professions Programs
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495