In This Section
Pre-Health Professions (Pre-Med) Program
A Proven Pathway: We can help get you where you want to go.
As a pre-med student, or student interested in pre-med programs, including pre-dental, pre-optometry, pre-podiatry or pre-veterinary studies, choosing USciences will make all the difference with:
- A nationally-respected reputation as a University focused on science and health professions
- One-on-one personalized advising with two, full-time Pre-Health Professions advisors
- The complete support of a team of faculty experts who are active, involved members of the medical and scientific community
- New and exclusive to USciences: a progress tracking tool to help you reach your pre-health goal.
- Admission exam preparation: courses, workshops, and simulated testing facilities
- Hands-on access to meaningful research, as early as your first year, and interprofessional opportunities
- Professional development, including personal statement preparation and mock interviews
- Direct communication with medical schools ensuring up-to-date requirements and information
- A full selection of BS degree programs providing excellent pre-health preparation. All prerequisite courses for medical
school are included in the curricula of most of our majors or can be taken as electives
- Lower and simplified tuition and general fee. Students who enroll in one of our science or healthcare programs will benefit from a lowered and fixed tuition and general fee* for the course of their education. They know the full price to earn that degree from the day they begin—no hidden fees or annual tuition increases, unlike other institutions.
USciences President, Paul Katz MD, brings a wealth of experience in higher education with a strong focus on the health professions. As a student, practitioner, founder, and leader in medical education, Dr. Katz, along with several key faculty and staff, have crafted a pre-health professions (pre-med) program designed to prepare you well for selecting, testing, interviewing and admission.
And we know the kind of candidate sought by medical and other health professions schools—students with a strong foundation in the sciences and humanities—who demonstrate these core competencies. Through personalized course selection, hands-on research, healthcare experiences and application assistance you will be more than prepared to take the next step, to achieve your goal of becoming a doctor, dentist, veterinarian, optometrist or podiatrist.
USciences NewsView All
Biochemistry Lab Positively Reacts to Passionate High School Intern
October 11, 2019
When nearing summer break, most high school sophomores are looking forward to taking time off from classwork and studying, but Emily Shang isn't like most of her peers. Instead of taking a couple months off, she searched the biographies of local professors with interesting lab work before landing on Zhihong Wang PhD, assistant professor of chemistry and biochemistry.
Dig It: Student's Passion Leads to Month-Long Excavation Trip in Belize
August 06, 2019
Victoria Pobok Bio'20, HumSci'20 has always loved learning about ancient cultures and this summer she was able to indulge that curiosity during a month-long archeological dig in Northern Belize studying the ancient Maya.
USciences Student Explores Medical Field Through Competitive CHOP Internship
July 24, 2019
Cindy Hong Neuro'21 wrote a guest blog detailing her experiences at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute Summer Scholars Program (CRISSP), a competitive 10-week summer internship.
Grace A. Farber, PhD
Griffith Hall 212D
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495