In This Section
- Our Pathway to Your Success
- Coursework & Duration
- Dual Degree Programs
- Learning Opportunities
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
As a pre-med student at USciences, you’ll have the support of a team of faculty and pre-health profession advisors dedicated to helping you achieve your goal of becoming a doctor, dentist, veterinarian or optometrist. We know the kind of candidate sought by medical and other health professions schools—students with a strong foundation in the sciences and humanities—who demonstrate these core competencies. Through personalized course selection, hands-on research, healthcare experiences and application assistance you will be more than prepared to take the next step.
What Sets Us Apart?
- *94% of USciences students with a 3.6 GPA and an MCAT of 30 are accepted into U.S. MD-granting medical schools. That’s 17% higher than the national average. Dental and veterinary school acceptance
rates are also very high.
- Our BS degree programs provide excellent pre-med preparation. All prerequisite courses
for medical school are included in the curricula of most of our majors or can be taken
- You may conduct hand-on research as early as your first year at USciences, developing
the critical thinking skills that will ready you for the rigors of medical school
- USciences faculty members are respected, involved members of the medical and scientific
community and are experts in their fields.
- Qualified students can pursue a dual BS/professional degree program that may guarantee an interview with one of our partner medical schools. These schools also reserve seats for our students.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
2018 USciences Graduate Fellows Celebrated
April 11, 2018
Graduate students and their advisors celebrated the students' academic and research accomplishments at the annual graduate fellows reception on April 9, 2018.
Mentorship in USciences' Lab Helps High School Student Advance Research
April 05, 2018
With the guidance of Dr. Heindl, Zhong was able to advance her hypothesis and explore how the bacteriophage viruses can communicate with each other.
Undergraduate Research Festival Celebrates Student Scholarship
March 23, 2018
The Undergraduate Research Festival sponsored by the Center for Undergraduate Research (CUR) celebrated the breadth of research projects being conducted by undergraduate students and their faculty mentors in a variety of labs and classrooms across campus. The three-day event formally began with ribbon cutting ceremonies by President Dr. Paul Katz.
Jaspal Brar BI’18 Presented with USciences Founders' Day Student Award of Merit
February 21, 2018
The award is presented to an outstanding student who "exemplifies the innovative and entrepreneurial spirit of USciences' founders."
Dr. Bela Peethambaran Presented with USciences Faculty Award of Merit at 2018 Founders' Day
February 20, 2018
The award honors an outstanding faculty member who "exemplifies the innovative and entrepreneurial spirit of USciences' founders."
Associate Director, Pre-Health Professions Programs
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495