In This Section
Pre-Health Professions (Pre-Med) Program
A Proven Pathway: We can help get you where you want to go.
As a pre-med student, or student interested in pre-med programs, including pre-dental, pre-optometry, pre-podiatry or pre-veterinary studies, choosing USciences will make all the difference with:
- A nationally-respected reputation as a University focused on science and health professions
- One-on-one personalized advising with two, full-time Pre-Health Professions advisors
- The complete support of a team of faculty experts who are active, involved members of the medical and scientific community
- New and exclusive to USciences: a progress tracking tool to help you reach your pre-health goal.
- Admission exam preparation: courses, workshops, and simulated testing facilities
- Hands-on access to meaningful research, as early as your first year, and interprofessional opportunities
- Professional development, including personal statement preparation and mock interviews
- Direct communication with medical schools ensuring up-to-date requirements and information
- A full selection of BS degree programs providing excellent pre-health preparation. All prerequisite courses for medical
school are included in the curricula of most of our majors or can be taken as electives
- Lower and simplified tuition and general fee. In Fall 2019, students who enroll will not pay more than $25,000 per year* for undergraduate coursework. So you’ll know the full price to earn that degree from the day you begin.
USciences President, Paul Katz MD, brings a wealth of experience in higher education with a strong focus on the health professions. As a student, practitioner, founder, and leader in medical education, Dr. Katz, along with several key faculty and staff, have crafted a pre-health professions (pre-med) program designed to prepare you well for selecting, testing, interviewing and admission.
And we know the kind of candidate sought by medical and other health professions schools—students with a strong foundation in the sciences and humanities—who demonstrate these core competencies. Through personalized course selection, hands-on research, healthcare experiences and application assistance you will be more than prepared to take the next step, to achieve your goal of becoming a doctor, dentist, veterinarian, optometrist or podiatrist.
USciences NewsView All
Sigmapharm Internship Gives Students Exposure to Industry
January 30, 2019
Five USciences undergraduate students in the pharmaceutical sciences and pharmacology/toxicology programs learned about different career opportunities and applied their learning from the classroom and labs to the real world during a four-week summer internship experience at Sigmapharm Laboratories in Bensalem, Pa.
What Kind of Bacteria Are on the Bottom of Our Shoes?
July 10, 2018
Jason Heindl PhD, assistant professor of biology, helped to guide Jenn Frederick from Fox29's Good Day Philadelphia through the kind of bacteria cultivated from the morning show team members' shoes.
Grace A. Farber, PhD
Griffith Hall 212D
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495