In This Section
- Our Pathway to Your Success
- Coursework & Duration
- Dual Degree Programs
- Application Process
- Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- Cooper Medical School of Rowan
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, School of Dental Medicine
- Kornberg School of Dentistry at Temple University
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University
- St. George's University School of Veterinary Medicine
- Learning Opportunities
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
Dual Degree Programs at University of the Sciences
The Dual Degree Programs at USciences can streamline your entry into one of our partner medical, dental, optometry, or veterinary medical schools. To decide if one of these programs is a fit for you, please read more about our dual degree partner schools and the application process.
Explore Our Programs
- Premedical Scholars Program with Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- 4+4 BS/MD with Cooper Medical School of Rowan University
- 3+4 and 4+4 BS/DO with the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- 3+ and 4+ BS/DO with the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- 4+4 BS/DMD with the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, School of Dental Medicine
- 3+4 and 4+4 BS/DMD with Kornberg School of Dentistry at Temple University
- 3+4 and 4+4 BS/OD with Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University
- 3+4 and 4+4 BS/DVM with St. George's University School of Veterinary Medicine
- USciences’ Dual Degree Program can streamline your entry into medical, dental, optometry, or veterinary medical school. Many of our partner schools guarantee seats each year for qualified USciences students who meet eligibility criteria.
- Dual degree students who meet eligibility criteria will be invited to interview for their medical/health professional school of choice.
- At USciences you will receive a strong foundation in the natural and social sciences as well as the humanities to enhance your preparation for your admission exam (MCAT, DAT, GRE, OAT) and medical/health professions school.
- In our accelerated 3+4 programs, students complete 3 years at USciences as a biology or biomedical sciences major before entering the professional school for 4 years, accelerating entry to medical/health professions school and graduation.
- In our 4+4 programs, students complete any USciences BS degree in 4 years before entering the medical/health professions school for 4 years.
- You will be assigned two dedicated advisors, one academic advisor and one Pre-Health Professions Advisor, who are committed to helping you achieve your career aspirations.
- You will be a part of a pre-medical/pre-health professions community of students with similar career aspirations in an environment that encourages collaboration among multiple healthcare professionals.
- An invitation to apply to a Dual Degree Program is contingent upon your acceptance to USciences. Therefore, after applying to USciences AND receiving your acceptance, you may be invited to apply if you meet the eligibility requirements.
- After receiving acceptance to USciences, eligible incoming first year students will receive an application to apply.
- Review information regarding our Dual Degree Program partners and eligibility requirements found on this page. Choose an institution whose mission aligns with your career aspirations. For example: “I want to apply to Cooper Medical School of Rowan University because I aspire to become a doctor and work in an urban, primary care setting.”
- The priority application deadline is December 11th.
- Competitive applicants will be invited to interview at USciences beginning December 2017.
- Acceptances to the Dual Degree Programs will be offered on a rolling admissions basis.
Laura A. Mangano, MEd
Associate Director of Pre-Health Professions Advising
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495