In This Section
- Our Pathway to Your Success
- Coursework & Duration
- Dual Degree Programs
- Application Process
- Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- Cooper Medical School of Rowan
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, School of Dental Medicine
- Kornberg School of Dentistry at Temple University
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University
- St. George's University School of Veterinary Medicine
- Learning Opportunities
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
Dual Degree Program Application Process
- An invitation to apply to a Dual Degree Program is contingent upon your acceptance to USciences. Therefore, after applying to USciences AND receiving your acceptance, you may be invited to apply if you meet the eligibility requirements.
- After receiving acceptance to USciences, eligible incoming first year students will receive information in the mail about how to apply.
- Review information regarding our Dual Degree Program partners and eligibility requirements found in these web pages. Choose one institution whose mission aligns with your career aspirations. For example: “I want to apply to Cooper Medical School of Rowan University because I aspire to become a doctor and work in an urban, primary care setting.”
- The priority deadline for Dual Degree Program applications is December 11th
- Competitive applicants will be invited to interview at USciences beginning December 2017 and will be notified by email to schedule an interview.
- Acceptances to the Dual Degree Programs will be offered on a rolling admissions basis.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I am accepted into a Dual Degree Program, am I guaranteed admission into that medical/health professions school?
You must meet the academic eligibility requirements set by the medical/health professions school to receive an interview, which in many cases places you ahead of 90% of the total applicant pool. After a holistic review of your application and interview, the medical/health professions school will make a final decision regarding your candidacy.
If I am accepted into a Dual Degree Program, can I still apply to other medical/health professions schools?
Yes. We encourage our Dual Degree Program participants to explore their options while participating in USciences’ Dual Degree Program. We recognize that your career interests may change over time.
Can I (re)apply to a Dual Degree Program after I start at USciences?
Yes, as long as there are seats available. Some students have gained admission after beginning their undergraduate work at USciences.
If I am not selected for the Dual Degree Program as an incoming freshman, can I still attend USciences as a Pre-Medical, Pre-Veterinary, Pre-Dental, or Pre-Optometry student?
Yes, as a Pre-Medical Program student you will have access to the same resources as the Dual Degree Program students to help you achieve your career goals. Our Dual Degree Program is highly selective due to the limited number of seats available. Given the rigorous curricula USciences offers, our Pre-Medical Program can successfully prepare you for admission to any medical/health professions school in the country. In fact, 94% of USciences’ well-qualified applicants are accepted into allopathic medical schools outside of the Dual Degree Programs.
Laura A. Mangano, MEd
Associate Director of Pre-Health Professions Advising
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495