In This Section
- Our Pathway to Your Success
- Coursework & Duration
- Dual Degree Programs
- Learning Opportunities
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
Pre-Medical Program - Coursework & Duration
Pre-health professions advisors work with faculty academic advisors to ensure that you select appropriate courses for your health professions school of choice.
General prerequisites for admission to health professions school include:
- General biology – 2 semesters with laboratory
- General chemistry – 2 semesters with laboratory
- Organic chemistry – 2 semesters with laboratory
- General physics – 2 semesters with laboratory
- Biochemistry – 1 semester
- Behavioral and social sciences – 2 semesters
- Writing/English – 2 semesters
These courses are generally taken within the first three years at USciences. You'll have flexibility to select electives, and will take courses to prepare for the MCAT: physiology, genetics, molecular biology, cell biology and additional advanced coursework. You may also choose to supplement your background with exceptional clinical courses, such as hematology, microbiology, parasitology, neurobiology, and immunology.
Health professions schools seek individuals with outstanding communication skills, a fundamental understanding of diversity, and a well-rounded education. The general education curriculum at USciences ensures that you obtain the necessary skills in these areas.
Associate Director, Pre-Health Professions Programs
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495