In This Section
- Our Pathway to Your Success
- Coursework & Duration
- Dual Degree Programs
- Learning Opportunities
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
Pre-Medical Program - Coursework & Duration
Pre-Med and pre-health professions advisors work with faculty academic advisors to help ensure that you select and secure the appropriate courses to apply to schools and programs of your choice.
While prerequisites may vary by school or program, the general prerequisites for admission to medical and health professions school include:
- General biology – 2 semesters with laboratory
- General chemistry – 2 semesters with laboratory
- Organic chemistry – 2 semesters with laboratory
- General physics – 2 semesters with laboratory
- Biochemistry – 1 semester
- Behavioral and social sciences – 2 semesters
- Writing/English – 2 semesters
Prerequisite coursework is generally taken within the first three years at USciences. You'll have flexibility to select electives, and will take courses to further prepare your for the MCAT and health professions schools: physiology, genetics, molecular biology, cell biology and additional advanced coursework. You may also choose to supplement your background with exceptional clinical courses, such as hematology, microbiology, parasitology, neurobiology, and immunology.
Health professions schools seek individuals with outstanding communication skills, a fundamental understanding of diversity, and a well-rounded education. The general education curriculum at USciences ensures that you obtain the necessary skills in these areas.