Department of Physical Education
The Department of Physical Education provided students with physical fitness programs, recreational options, and opportunities within a non confrontational environment that emphasizes participation, not the level of performance. The primary objective of the department is to teach students how physical participation can benefit their collegiate life in relieving academic/social stresses and that an active physical lifestyle will increase their academic success.
Through the Department of Physical Education, students:
- Gain an understanding of how the Athletic/Recreation Center can meet their physical fitness and recreational needs.
- Recognize that lifetime activities will benefit their daily lives by relieving the stress that will carry-over into their later lifestyles.
- Enjoy lifetime recreational sports and activities offered in a non-confrontational environment.
- Have the opportunity to participate in various sports and activities with their peers in a non-academic setting.
- Develop an interest in at least one lifetime activity.
- Loading Events...
New Exercise Physiology Degree At USciences Offers More Career Paths
November 27, 2017
With a stronger focus on clinical training and internship experiences, the new BS in exercise physiology degree at USciences positions students to immediately begin their careers after graduation or transition to OT or PT professional programs.
Matching Funds Double #GivingTuesdayUSciences Impact
November 15, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 28 is a day for giving back. Give Online and participate in #GivingTuesdayUSciences this holiday season. Each gift is being matched thanks to the generosity of a USciences alumna.
USciences Posts Fourth-Highest Academic Success Rate of NCAA Division II Schools
November 09, 2017
USciences has now been in the top-six of the Division II ASR in each of the 11 years it has been featured on the report, and has also had the highest ASR of all schools in the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) in each of those 11 years.
New USciences Ad Campaign Supports Tuition Reset
September 26, 2017
University of the Sciences has launched an exciting, new marketing campaign in support of its recently announced tuition reset.
University-Wide Restructuring Positions USciences for Future Growth
June 27, 2017
For USciences to continue to thrive in today's evolving landscape of higher education and healthcare, the University must continue to position the University for the future.
Chair, Department of Physical Education
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495