Department of Physical Education
The Department of Physical Education provided students with physical fitness programs, recreational options, and opportunities within a non confrontational environment that emphasizes participation, not the level of performance. The primary objective of the department is to teach students how physical participation can benefit their collegiate life in relieving academic/social stresses and that an active physical lifestyle will increase their academic success.
Through the Department of Physical Education, students:
- Gain an understanding of how the Athletic/Recreation Center can meet their physical fitness and recreational needs.
- Recognize that lifetime activities will benefit their daily lives by relieving the stress that will carry-over into their later lifestyles.
- Enjoy lifetime recreational sports and activities offered in a non-confrontational environment.
- Have the opportunity to participate in various sports and activities with their peers in a non-academic setting.
- Develop an interest in at least one lifetime activity.
- Loading Events...
University-Wide Restructuring Positions USciences for Future Growth
June 27, 2017
For USciences to continue to thrive in today's evolving landscape of higher education and healthcare, the University must continue to position the University for the future.
Amanpreet Kaur PhD'17 Says Cancer Biology Program Uniquely Prepared Her in Quest for Researching a Cancer Cure
June 13, 2017
On a search to find a cure for cancer and other diseases, Amanpreet Kaur PhD'17 said a unique program between USciences and The Wistar Institute helped prepare her for that noble task.
Watch USciences 196th Commencement
May 16, 2017
USciences celebrated the class of 2017 at its 196th commencement ceremony on Wednesday, May 24, 2017, and bestowed an honorary doctor of science degree on world-renowned vaccine advocate Paul Offit, MD.
USciences Faculty Bring Lessons from the Front Lines of Opioid Crisis to the Classroom
March 15, 2017
Three representatives from USciences were tabbed to serve on subcommittees for The Mayor's Task Force to Combat the Opioid Epidemic in Philadelphia.
Women’s Basketball Season Ends in NCAA Tournament Second Round
March 11, 2017
The Devils, seeded No. 6 in the East were victorious in the first-round matchup against No. 3 Bentley University on Friday, March 10.
Chair, Department of Physical Education
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495