In This Section
- Curriculum & Duration
- Application Process
- Research Opportunities
- Experiential Opportunities
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
Physics is one of our most forward-looking undergraduate programs. This is “next-wave” physics with particular strengths in bio-medicine and nanotechnology. By its very nature, physics is a broadly interdisciplinary field, and even more so at USciences. By choosing one of six physics tracks—general physics, biophysics, medical physics, pre-med, astrophysics, and materials science—you will take advantage of incredible opportunities to collaborate with classmates and faculty in engineering, chemistry, biology, medicine, and more. Our alumni are in high demand in the bioengineering and pharmaceutical industry, and physics majors are in excellent position for graduate school or medical school.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Thanks to our unique history and wide-ranging relationships, USciences is well-positioned
to leverage physics’ developing connections with biological, pharmaceutical, and health-care
- The program’s forward-looking focus, from curriculum to research, reflects current trends in physics, with emphasis on such emerging areas
- Our tight-knit, nurturing department and faculty support you every step of the way.
- Tracks in biophysics, medical physics, pre-med, astrophysics, and materials science
prepare you for the fastest-growing subsets of the discipline.
- Interdisciplinary opportunities are available throughout the University, allowing
you to study and research with members of other departments.
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
Physics Wonder Girls Get Grant Support for Renewable Energy-Themed Camp
May 16, 2019
USciences was awarded grant support for the Physics Wonder Girls summer camp through the E2 Energy to EducateSM grant program, funded through Constellation, an Exelon company.
USciences Professor Named Society of Physics Student Outstanding Advisor
February 07, 2019
The Society of Physics Students has awarded Roberto C. Ramos, PhD, professor of physics and advisor for the USciences' SPS chapter, as the 2017-18 Outstanding Chapter Advisor.
USciences Physics, Biology Professors Awarded Research Grants
September 07, 2018
The Board of the Charles E. Kaufman Foundation, a supporting organization of The Pittsburgh Foundation, has awarded 10 scientific research grants totaling $1.9 million, including $200,000 to USciences and Roberto Ramos, PhD, and Margaret Pearce, PhD.
Physics Wonder Girls Camp Teaches Science of Food and Light
July 03, 2018
Middle school girls interested in physics got a chance to plunge into the science behind light and food this week at the Physics Wonder Girls Summer Camp, a week-long, free STEM camp organized by Dr. Roberto Ramos, associate professor of physics.
USciences Celebrates Employee Service at Annual Award Ceremony
June 14, 2018
Employees from five to 45 years of service were recognized by University president Dr. Paul Katz for their dedication to University of the Sciences at the annual Employee Recognition Reception on June 7, 2018.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810