In This Section
- Curriculum & Duration
- Application Process
- Research Opportunities
- Experiential Opportunities
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
Physics is one of our most forward-looking undergraduate programs. This is “next-wave” physics with particular strengths in bio-medicine and nanotechnology. By its very nature, physics is a broadly interdisciplinary field, and even more so at USciences. By choosing one of six physics tracks—general physics, biophysics, medical physics, pre-med, astrophysics, and materials science—or an integrated bs/ms program, you will take advantage of incredible opportunities to collaborate with classmates and faculty in engineering, chemistry, biology, medicine, and more. Our alumni are in high demand in the bioengineering and pharmaceutical industry, and physics majors are in excellent position for graduate school or medical school.
Earn Your Master's in One Extra Year
Want a fast track to your master’s degree? Our 4+1 Integrated BS/MS Program in Physics allows you to earn up to 15 graduate credits during your four undergraduate years—at no extra charge. You then complete your master’s with just one additional year of study. This saves you time and costs considerably less than a two-year MS program at another university. Plus, we’ve designed our Integrated BS/MS Program around current market demands, so you’ll be prepared for a booming career in the private sector.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Thanks to our unique history and wide-ranging relationships, USciences is well-positioned
to leverage physics’ developing connections with biological, pharmaceutical, and health-care
- The program’s forward-looking focus, from curriculum to research, reflects current trends in physics, with emphasis on such emerging areas
- Our tight-knit, nurturing department and faculty support you every step of the way.
- Tracks in biophysics, medical physics, pre-med, astrophysics, and materials science
prepare you for the fastest-growing subsets of the discipline.
- Interdisciplinary opportunities are available throughout the University, allowing
you to study and research with members of other departments.
- Earn your USciences MS in Physics in just one extra year through our Integrated BS/MS Program which allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost.
USciences NewsView All
- New Book by Physics Professor Explores the Big Bang Debate
August 12, 2021
Paul Halpern, PhD has recently published a new book titled Flashes of Creation: George Gamow, Fred Hoyle, and the Great Big Bang Debate.
- Scientists Inspire Girls to Pursue STEM at Physics Wonder Girls Camp
July 14, 2021
Female scientists working in industry and research addressed dozens of girls participating in the 2021 Physics Wonder Girls Camp at USciences. The camp was hosted virtually this year and offered to middle school girls interested in physics.
- Sparking Passion for STEM with St. Francis de Sales
June 09, 2021
Throughout the spring semester, faculty and students from Misher College of Arts and Sciences visited seventh and eighth graders at St. Francis de Sales School.
- NASA Engineer Speaks at Physics Honor Society Induction
May 19, 2021
Four undergraduate students and two alumni were inducted into the Sigma Pi Sigma Physics Honor Society in a virtual induction ceremony. The event featured guest speaker Georgio Villar III, NASA Mars 2020 mission flight engineer.
- Physics Professor Paul Halpern Releases New Book
August 04, 2020
Paul Halpern, PhD, Professor of Physics at USciences, has released his new book Synchronicity: The Epic Quest to Understand the Quantum Nature of Cause and Effect published by Basic Books.
Griffith Hall, Room 130
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810