In This Section
- Curriculum & Duration
- Application Process
- Research Opportunities
- Experiential Opportunities
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
Physics is one of our most forward-looking undergraduate programs. This is “next-wave” physics with particular strengths in bio-medicine and nanotechnology. By its very nature, physics is a broadly interdisciplinary field, and even more so at USciences. By choosing one of five physics tracks — biophysics, medical physics, pre-med, astrophysics, and materials science — you will take advantage of incredible opportunities to collaborate with classmates and faculty in engineering, chemistry, biology, medicine, and more. Our alumni are in high demand in the bioengineering and pharmaceutical industry, and physics majors are in excellent position for graduate school or medical school.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Thanks to our unique history and wide-ranging relationships, USciences is well-positioned
to leverage physics’ developing connections with biological, pharmaceutical, and health-care
- The program’s forward-looking focus, from curriculum to research, reflects current trends in physics, with emphasis on such emerging areas
- Our tight-knit, nurturing department and faculty support you every step of the way.
- Tracks in biophysics, medical physics, pre-med, astrophysics, and materials science
prepare you for the fastest-growing subsets of the discipline.
- Interdisciplinary opportunities are available throughout the University, allowing you to study and research with members of other departments.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
USciences Lowers Tuition for Fall 2018 Incoming Class
September 06, 2017
New pricing structure lowers tuition for undergraduate and professional students
Commentary: Eclipses Are Thrilling and of Immense Scientific Value
August 22, 2017
Paul Halpern PhD reflects on the solar eclipse and its scientific value, particularly for Albert Einstein.
Miss USA Inspires USciences Girls Physics Campers
June 27, 2017
Miss USA Kára McCullough, a scientist for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), visited USciences' Physics Wonder Girls Camp to share her story and mentor middle-school girls from the Philadelphia region in a hands-on STEM activity.
Students Inducted into the Physics Honor Society
May 09, 2017
Five physics students and three others were inducted into the USciences Chapter of the Sigma Pi Sigma honor society on Tuesday, May 2, 2017.
USciences Students Gain Pathway to a Nursing Career Through Villanova Nursing
March 31, 2017
The BSNExpress program is a 14-month, second degree program that incorporates all the standard components of the nursing program in a concentrated timeframe.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810