In This Section
Medical Humanities Major
Customize your own curriculum based on your interests. You’ll have a thorough grounding in the natural sciences
while exploring the various humanities disciplines, including history, philosophy,
literature, the fine arts, and ethics. Reading, writing, and thinking critically is
excellent preparation for encounters in a wide variety of clinical environments. Throughout
the program, you’ll gain the skills, sensitivity, and compassion that will increasingly
characterize quality 21st century healthcare.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Excellent preparation for the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT), which requires
you to analyze passages from a wide range of subjects, including ethics, philosophy,
and cultural studies.
- Create your own area of study with the flexible curriculum—tailor the 25 required natural science credits to match your professional goals.
- Satisfy requirements to apply for medical school or focus on a specific natural science
to prepare for a professional or graduate program.
- Diverse training for careers in a variety of fields, including health law practice, health education, nursing,
pharmaceutical sales, and healthcare administration.
- During a personalized senior research capstone, you’ll gain valuable research experience examining an area of your choice alongside an expert faculty member.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
USciences Lowers Tuition for Fall 2018 Incoming Class
September 06, 2017
New pricing structure lowers tuition for undergraduate and professional students
Commentary: Eclipses Are Thrilling and of Immense Scientific Value
August 22, 2017
Paul Halpern PhD reflects on the solar eclipse and its scientific value, particularly for Albert Einstein.
Medical Humanities Blends Healthcare Education with Arts and Humanities
July 19, 2017
USciences’ Medical Humanities major offers humanities instruction for those students interested in pursuing a career in the sciences.
USciences Honors Christine Flanagan with the Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching
June 06, 2017
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia presented the 2017 Lindback Foundation Award for Distinguished Teaching to Christine Flanagan, associate professor of English, on May 24, 2017, at its 196th commencement ceremony.
USciences Students Gain Pathway to a Nursing Career Through Villanova Nursing
March 31, 2017
The BSNExpress program is a 14-month, second degree program that incorporates all the standard components of the nursing program in a concentrated timeframe.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810