In This Section
Medical Humanities Major
Customize your own curriculum based on your interests. You’ll have a thorough grounding in the natural sciences
while exploring the various humanities disciplines, including history, philosophy,
literature, the fine arts, and ethics. Reading, writing, and thinking critically is
excellent preparation for encounters in a wide variety of clinical environments. Throughout
the program, you’ll gain the skills, sensitivity, and compassion that will increasingly
characterize quality 21st century healthcare.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Excellent preparation for the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT), which requires
you to analyze passages from a wide range of subjects, including ethics, philosophy,
and cultural studies.
- Create your own area of study with the flexible curriculum—tailor the 25 required natural science credits to match your professional goals.
- Satisfy requirements to apply for medical school or focus on a specific natural science
to prepare for a professional or graduate program.
- Diverse training for careers in a variety of fields, including health law practice, health education, nursing,
pharmaceutical sales, and healthcare administration.
- During a personalized senior research capstone, you’ll gain valuable research experience
examining an area of your choice alongside an expert faculty member.
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
- Misher Visiting Professor Encourages Students to Tell Stories of Immigrants and Outsiders
February 04, 2020
In her talk for the Misher Festival of Fine Arts, Laila Lalami, PhD, the 2020 Misher Visiting Professor of Humanities and Honors Colloquium Speaker, spoke about how her experience growing up in Morocco and then immigrating to the United States and earning citizenship has impacted her writing style.
- Religion Professor Authors Book on Material Religion
November 06, 2019
Leah Comeau, PhD, associate professor of religion at USciences, is the author of a new book "Material Devotion in a South Indian Poetic World, published by Bloomsbury Press as part of a new material religion series.
- Philosophy Professor Authors New Book on "Problems of Error"
November 06, 2019
Samuel Talcott PhD, associate professor of philosophy, is the author of a new book entitled "Georges Canguilhem and the Problem of Error."
- Professor Christine Flanagan Tours to Lecture on Recent Book
October 29, 2019
Christine Flanagan, MFA, associate professor of English at USciences, presented several lectures related to her research about Flannery O'Connor and Caroline Gordon, about which she wrote her most recent book.
- USciences Launches Certificate Specializing in Spanish for Healthcare Professionals
October 16, 2019
A new certificate in Spanish for Healthcare Professionals offered to undergraduates at University of the Sciences starting this year focuses on both the linguistic and cultural competencies that health professionals need to better care for Hispanics and Latino populations.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810