In This Section
Medical Humanities Major
Customize your own curriculum based on your interests. You’ll have a thorough grounding in the natural sciences
while exploring the various humanities disciplines, including history, philosophy,
literature, the fine arts, and ethics. Reading, writing, and thinking critically is
excellent preparation for encounters in a wide variety of clinical environments. Throughout
the program, you’ll gain the skills, sensitivity, and compassion that will increasingly
characterize quality 21st century healthcare.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Excellent preparation for the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT), which requires
you to analyze passages from a wide range of subjects, including ethics, philosophy,
and cultural studies.
- Create your own area of study with the flexible curriculum—tailor the 25 required natural science credits to match your professional goals.
- Satisfy requirements to apply for medical school or focus on a specific natural science
to prepare for a professional or graduate program.
- Diverse training for careers in a variety of fields, including health law practice, health education, nursing,
pharmaceutical sales, and healthcare administration.
- During a personalized senior research capstone, you’ll gain valuable research experience
examining an area of your choice alongside an expert faculty member.
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
- Flexing Language Skills: USciences Humanities Students Get Hands-On in Spanish Course
December 07, 2021
Learning a foreign language can be difficult without understanding the real-world use of the language. For students enrolled in Spanish 101 and 201 at USciences, they got hands-on experience during an all-Spanish yoga class on campus in December.
- Misher Visiting Professor Shares Advice for Students, Future Healthcare Workers
February 01, 2021
The annual Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities featured an interview between USciences professor of English Christine Flanagan, MFA, and Misher College's visiting professor Sheri Fink, MD, PhD
- Alumni Share What They Wish They Knew When Starting Their Careers
September 25, 2020
Young alumni from Misher College of Arts and Sciences shared their advice on transitioning to careers and life after graduation with students from the college during a virtual event hosted by the Young Professional Organization and the Office of Alumni Relations on September 2.
- Medical Humanities Program Opens Doors for Jenna Kwiecinski MedHum'20, BMS'20
July 07, 2020
A pre-med student studying Biomedical Sciences, Jenna Kwiecinski MedHum'20, BMS'20 picked up a second major, Medical Humanities, to indulge her interests and expand her perspective.
- Bright Spots: USciences Professor Shares Her Experience Teaching During COVID-19
May 07, 2020
After the COVID-19 pandemic launched students and faculty into virtual classrooms, one USciences professor learned how distance can forge deeper connections.
Griffith Hall, Room 130
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810