In This Section
Medical Humanities Major
Customize your own curriculum based on your interests. You’ll have a thorough grounding in the natural sciences
while exploring the various humanities disciplines, including history, philosophy,
literature, the fine arts, and ethics. Reading, writing, and thinking critically is
excellent preparation for encounters in a wide variety of clinical environments. Throughout
the program, you’ll gain the skills, sensitivity, and compassion that will increasingly
characterize quality 21st century healthcare.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Excellent preparation for the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT), which requires
you to analyze passages from a wide range of subjects, including ethics, philosophy,
and cultural studies.
- Create your own area of study with the flexible curriculum—tailor the 25 required natural science credits to match your professional goals.
- Satisfy requirements to apply for medical school or focus on a specific natural science
to prepare for a professional or graduate program.
- Diverse training for careers in a variety of fields, including health law practice, health education, nursing,
pharmaceutical sales, and healthcare administration.
- During a personalized senior research capstone, you’ll gain valuable research experience
examining an area of your choice alongside an expert faculty member.
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
Undergraduate Research Festival Celebrates Student Scholarship
March 23, 2018
The Undergraduate Research Festival sponsored by the Center for Undergraduate Research (CUR) celebrated the breadth of research projects being conducted by undergraduate students and their faculty mentors in a variety of labs and classrooms across campus. The three-day event formally began with ribbon cutting ceremonies by President Dr. Paul Katz.
Matching Funds Double #GivingTuesdayUSciences Impact
November 15, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 28 is a day for giving back. Give Online and participate in #GivingTuesdayUSciences this holiday season. Each gift is being matched thanks to the generosity of a USciences alumna.
STEM Majors at Mercer County Community College Can Transfer to USciences With Full Junior Status Under New Agreement
October 23, 2017
Mercer County Community College (MCCC) students pursuing a career in math, engineering, or the sciences can now transfer to University of the Sciences.
New Grad Certificate in Health Education and Communication Launched at USciences
October 04, 2017
Students can complete the certificate program in as little as one year, while developing portfolio projects and networking connections.
USciences Remains Top 10 in the Nation for Average Salary of Graduates
September 28, 2017
USciences graduates have remained the seventh highest earners on average in the nation, according to the new 2017 College Scorecard data released by the U.S. Department of Education.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810