No items to display
In This Section
Data Science Major
The USciences Data Science bachelor’s program provides you with the knowledge, skills, and technical foundation to make sense of an avalanche of data, unlock scientific insights, and tackle today’s most complex multidisciplinary problems.
Our case-based focus and practical approach leverage real-world data to equip you with both breadth and depth. You’ll acquire broad knowledge in statistical, computational, and mathematical thinking as well as detailed understanding of an application domain of your choice.
You’ll learn how to:
- Work with data from a variety of sources and formats using foundational software skills and computer science methods
- Apply mathematical and statistical techniques to solve real-world problems
- Evaluate data quality and maintain data integrity, security, and privacy
- Effectively communicate results of data analyses to a non-technical audience
Career outcomes for graduates are high, with demand across a variety of industries: healthcare, technology, business and many more. You can also pursue a wide range of advanced studies due to the interdisciplinary nature of the program and your ability to collaborate with a variety of professionals.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Tailor the curriculum to match your interests while acquiring specialized knowledge
through one of three application domains: Bioinformatics/Genomics, Analytics & SAS
Programming, or an individualized track.
- Master oral and written communication skills and learn the ethical principles that
apply to data usage.
- Access internship opportunities with a variety of companies across a multitude of
fields in the sciences, healthcare, and business. Philadelphia is a major data, pharmaceutical,
government, and business hub.
- Enjoy one-on-one attention and conduct hands-on research.
- Immerse yourself in interdisciplinary study: Work with expert faculty from across a variety of fields at the university.
What is Data Science?
With a median salary above $100,000, data science is the nation’s fastest-growing and most in-demand field. Every day we create 2.5 quintillion bytes of data—and with the ongoing technological revolution, data will continue to generate more quickly than we can imagine.
Data science makes sense of this data avalanche—providing scientific insights and necessary predictive analytics so that data can be used for vital decision making. A data scientist is a statistician, programmer, and communicator with an insatiable hunger for knowledge and understanding of the world.
Most of the applications of data science haven't yet been discovered. Will you be the one who pioneers the next chapter?
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810