In This Section
Pharmacognosy, MS, PhD
Turn your fascination with nature into a challenging, well-paying career. USciences prepares you for that success with one of the nation’s only advanced pharmacognosy degree programs. Courses cost $1,676 per credit. Our world-class faculty takes your education personally:
- Small student-teacher ratio encourages individual attention
- Extraordinary program flexibility fits your needs
- Hands-on approach to cutting-edge science imparts practical knowledge
What Sets Us Apart?
- All of our graduates gained employment either upon graduation or shortly thereafter. They’re in demand at leading research
labs, corporations, and universities.
- Our programs suit your schedule: Take courses in the late afternoon and evening with your full-time or part-time
- Obtain a graduate degree in less time than a traditional degree program through our
integrated BS/MS or BS/PhD program.
- USciences’ professional connections to other institutions such as USDA-ERRC helps
you team up on research.
- Our faculty members have an open-door policy so you won’t need an appointment to talk
with your research advisor.
- You benefit from close interdepartmental relationships and cross-discipline collaboration.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills needed to excel in a pharmacognosy career—starting with a firm foundation in the general field of chemistry.
Program Director’s Message
Expert Commentary: USciences Professor Discusses CVS Decision to Stop Zantac Sales
October 16, 2019
KYW Newsradio spoke with Dr. Pardeep Gupta, director of the Industrial Pharmacy Lab at USciences, about CVS Pharmacy's decision to pull the medication Zantac and its generic form from shelves over fears that it may cause cancer.
Early Charm Ventures, L2C Partners and University of the Sciences Announce Launch of Abri Science
September 19, 2019
University of the Sciences (USciences) in collaboration with L2C Partners and Early Charm Ventures today announced the launch of Abri Science, an advanced materials company that is licensing technology invented at USciences for commercialization.
Student-Athlete Represents Pharmacology and Toxicology Program as its First Valedictorian
May 28, 2019
For the last four years, Brittany Rickard PH/TX'19 has not just managed a full class load and a Division II sport, she's knocked it out of the park by becoming the Class of 2019 Valedictorian.
Graduate Fellows Honored for Academic and Research Achievements
April 10, 2019
Graduate students and their advisors celebrated the students' academic and research achievements at the annual Graduate Fellows Reception on March 14, 2019, in Wilson Hall.
Pharmaceutics PhD Student Prepared for Career in the Biopharmaceutical Industry
April 08, 2019
AFSANA TRINI PhD'19 always considered University of the Sciences to be a superior school during her graduate school search. She was impressed by the reputations of USciences' alumni in the field of biopharmaceutical industries as well as the fact that it was the first pharmacy school in North America.
John W. Tomsho, PhD
Griffith Hall, Room 310A
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495