In This Section
Pharmacognosy, MS, PhD
Turn your fascination with nature into a challenging, well-paying career. USciences prepares you for that success with one of the nation’s only advanced pharmacognosy degree programs. Our world-class faculty takes your education personally:
- Small student-teacher ratio encourages individual attention
- Extraordinary program flexibility fits your needs
- Hands-on approach to cutting-edge science imparts practical knowledge
What Sets Us Apart?
- All of our graduates gained employment either upon graduation or shortly thereafter. They’re in demand at leading research
labs, corporations, and universities.
- Our programs suit your schedule: Take courses in the late afternoon and evening with your full-time or part-time
- Obtain a graduate degree in less time than a traditional degree program through our
integrated BS/MS or BS/PhD program.
- USciences’ professional connections to other institutions such as USDA-ERRC helps
you team up on research.
- Our faculty members have an open-door policy so you won’t need an appointment to talk with your
- You benefit from close interdepartmental relationships and cross-discipline collaboration.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills needed to excel in a pharmacognosy career—starting with a firm foundation in the general field of chemistry.
Program Director’s Message
- Loading Events...
Matching Funds Double #GivingTuesdayUSciences Impact
November 15, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 28 is a day for giving back. Give Online and participate in #GivingTuesdayUSciences this holiday season. Each gift is being matched thanks to the generosity of a USciences alumna.
New Discovery by USciences Researchers Moves Closer to Triple Negative Breast Cancer Treatment
October 26, 2017
USciences researchers have discovered a small molecule that exhibits selectivity toward TNBC cells while sparing normal surrounding cells.
STEM Majors at Mercer County Community College Can Transfer to USciences With Full Junior Status Under New Agreement
October 23, 2017
Mercer County Community College (MCCC) students pursuing a career in math, engineering, or the sciences can now transfer to University of the Sciences.
On Guatemalan Mission Trip, Pharmacy Students Learn Compassion, Collaborative Care
August 24, 2017
This summer, seven Philadelphia College of Pharmacy students participated in an elective rotation that provided them the opportunity to travel to Panajachel, Guatemala.
Health Tip: Grapefruit and Certain Medications Don't Mix Well
July 26, 2017
Dr. Dan Hussar says properties in the grapefruit interact with certain medications in such a way that a person ends up having more of the active drug in the body.
James R. McKee, PhD
Robert McNeil Graduate Study and Research Center, Room 201
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495