In This Section
Pharmacognosy, MS, PhD
Turn your fascination with nature into a challenging, well-paying career. USciences prepares you for that success with one of the nation’s only advanced pharmacognosy degree programs. Our world-class faculty takes your education personally:
- Small student-teacher ratio encourages individual attention
- Extraordinary program flexibility fits your needs
- Hands-on approach to cutting-edge science imparts practical knowledge
What Sets Us Apart?
- All of our graduates gained employment either upon graduation or shortly thereafter. They’re in demand at leading research
labs, corporations, and universities.
- Our programs suit your schedule: Take courses in the late afternoon and evening with your full-time or part-time
- Obtain a graduate degree in less time than a traditional degree program through our
integrated BS/MS or BS/PhD program.
- USciences’ professional connections to other institutions such as USDA-ERRC helps
you team up on research.
- Our faculty members have an open-door policy so you won’t need an appointment to talk with your
- You benefit from close interdepartmental relationships and cross-discipline collaboration.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills needed to excel in a pharmacognosy career—starting with a firm foundation in the general field of chemistry.
Program Director’s Message
- Loading Events...
Undergraduate Research Festival Celebrates Student Scholarship
March 23, 2018
The Undergraduate Research Festival sponsored by the Center for Undergraduate Research (CUR) celebrated the breadth of research projects being conducted by undergraduate students and their faculty mentors in a variety of labs and classrooms across campus. The three-day event formally began with ribbon cutting ceremonies by President Dr. Paul Katz.
Scholarship Award Makes a Difference Toward Student's Educational Pursuits
March 21, 2018
The Martin Buchalter Endowed Scholarship supports students who are studying pharmaceutical manufacturing or who have expressed an interest in pursuing a career in pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Alumnus Dr. Edward Foote Named PCP Dean
February 26, 2018
Edward Foote P'87, PharmD'91 is returning to his alma mater as dean of Philadelphia College of Pharmacy at University of the Sciences.
Vaishnavi Shah PhD’18 Presented with USciences Founders' Day Student Award of Merit
February 23, 2018
The award is presented to an outstanding student who "exemplifies the innovative and entrepreneurial spirit of USciences' founders."
Dr. Cathy Poon Installed as USciences Barbara H. Korberly Professor in Women's Leadership and Health
February 21, 2018
The Barbara H. Korberly Professor in Women's Leadership and Health provides leadership and devoted resources to the University's efforts to address the challenges that affect women's health policy and access to leadership opportunities within the health sciences.
James R. McKee, PhD
Robert McNeil Graduate Study and Research Center, Room 201
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495