In This Section
Pharmacognosy, MS, PhD
Turn your fascination with nature into a challenging, well-paying career. USciences prepares you for that success with one of the nation’s only advanced pharmacognosy degree programs. Courses cost $1,676 per credit. Our world-class faculty takes your education personally:
- Small student-teacher ratio encourages individual attention
- Extraordinary program flexibility fits your needs
- Hands-on approach to cutting-edge science imparts practical knowledge
What Sets Us Apart?
- All of our graduates gained employment either upon graduation or shortly thereafter. They’re in demand at leading research
labs, corporations, and universities.
- Our programs suit your schedule: Take courses in the late afternoon and evening with your full-time or part-time
- Obtain a graduate degree in less time than a traditional degree program through our
integrated BS/MS or BS/PhD program.
- USciences’ professional connections to other institutions such as USDA-ERRC helps
you team up on research.
- Our faculty members have an open-door policy so you won’t need an appointment to talk with your
- You benefit from close interdepartmental relationships and cross-discipline collaboration.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills needed to excel in a pharmacognosy career—starting with a firm foundation in the general field of chemistry.
Program Director’s Message
Students Honored at Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacology and Toxicology Recognition Ceremony
November 05, 2018
Students in the pharmacology and toxicology and pharmaceutical sciences programs were honored on October 12, 2018, at the 5th Annual Student Recognition Ceremony held on campus.
Expert Commentary: A Healthy Lifestyle May Be the Key to Preventing Cancer
October 31, 2018
Although breast cancer incidence is often thought to be a spontaneous disease, most people are unaware that certain everyday lifestyles might impact on the development of this cancer later on in life and or affect how many years breast cancer survivors will live post-diagnosis.
High School Students Gain Research Experience in Pharmaceutical Sciences Lab
August 06, 2018
Although he hasn't taken a college level course, Joseph San Filippo PharmSci'22 has already begun working in a USciences laboratory. San Filippo learned about the trials and tribulations of working in a University laboratory this summer with a stint in pharmaceutical sciences lab under the tutelage of Anil D'Mello, PhD.
USciences Degree Changes Alumna's Career Path
April 12, 2018
Shruti Dani, RPh, MS'11 was looking for a graduate program that would put her in the direction she wanted to take her career. Her search led to University of the Sciences and a master's in pharmacy administration.
James R. McKee, PhD
Robert McNeil Graduate Study and Research Center, Room 201
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495