In This Section
Pharmacognosy, MS, PhD
Turn your fascination with nature into a challenging, well-paying career. USciences prepares you for that success with one of the nation’s only advanced pharmacognosy degree programs. Courses cost $1,676 per credit. Our world-class faculty takes your education personally:
- Small student-teacher ratio encourages individual attention
- Extraordinary program flexibility fits your needs
- Hands-on approach to cutting-edge science imparts practical knowledge
What Sets Us Apart?
- All of our graduates gained employment either upon graduation or shortly thereafter. They’re in demand at leading research
labs, corporations, and universities.
- Our programs suit your schedule: Take courses in the late afternoon and evening with your full-time or part-time
- Obtain a graduate degree in less time than a traditional degree program through our
integrated BS/MS or BS/PhD program.
- USciences’ professional connections to other institutions such as USDA-ERRC helps
you team up on research.
- Our faculty members have an open-door policy so you won’t need an appointment to talk
with your research advisor.
- You benefit from close interdepartmental relationships and cross-discipline collaboration.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills needed to excel in a pharmacognosy career—starting with a firm foundation in the general field of chemistry.
Program Director’s Message
Graduate Fellows Honored for Academic and Research Achievements
April 10, 2019
Graduate students and their advisors celebrated the students' academic and research achievements at the annual Graduate Fellows Reception on March 14, 2019, in Wilson Hall.
Pharmaceutics PhD Student Prepared for Career in the Biopharmaceutical Industry
April 08, 2019
AFSANA TRINI PhD'19 always considered University of the Sciences to be a superior school during her graduate school search. She was impressed by the reputations of USciences' alumni in the field of biopharmaceutical industries as well as the fact that it was the first pharmacy school in North America.
PhD Student Gains Valuable Experience During Co-op at Glaxo Smith Kline
April 08, 2019
For Sundee Dees PhD'20, who is studying Pharmacology and Toxicology, having the opportunity to participate in a six-month co-op program at Glaxo Smith Kline (GSK) in Philadelphia last year was an invaluable experience.
Graduate Student Earns Patent; Awaiting Another for Research Findings
March 19, 2019
Boyenoh Gaye, a PhD candidate studying pharmaceutics, was already working in the field as a senior scientist at GlaxoSmithKline when she began pursuing her doctorate. Since she returned to her studies, Gaye has earned a patent, filed for another provisional patent and been published in major publications and asked to present at major conferences and meetings.
USciences Celebrates Its 198-Year History at Founders' Day
February 18, 2019
With pomp and circumstance, USciences faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends marked 198 years since the University was established at a special Founders' Day ceremony on Feb. 14, 2019.
James R. McKee, PhD
Robert McNeil Graduate Study and Research Center, Room 201
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495