In This Section
Pharmacognosy, MS, PhD
Turn your fascination with nature into a challenging, well-paying career. USciences prepares you for that success with one of the nation’s only advanced pharmacognosy degree programs. Courses cost $1,676 per credit. Our world-class faculty takes your education personally:
- Small student-teacher ratio encourages individual attention
- Extraordinary program flexibility fits your needs
- Hands-on approach to cutting-edge science imparts practical knowledge
What Sets Us Apart?
- All of our graduates gained employment either upon graduation or shortly thereafter. They’re in demand at leading research
labs, corporations, and universities.
- Our programs suit your schedule: Take courses in the late afternoon and evening with your full-time or part-time
- Obtain a graduate degree in less time than a traditional degree program through our
integrated BS/MS or BS/PhD program.
- USciences’ professional connections to other institutions such as USDA-ERRC helps
you team up on research.
- Our faculty members have an open-door policy so you won’t need an appointment to talk
with your research advisor.
- You benefit from close interdepartmental relationships and cross-discipline collaboration.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills needed to excel in a pharmacognosy career—starting with a firm foundation in the general field of chemistry.
Program Director’s Message
- Students Experience the "Science Side of Pharmacy" in the Industrial Pharmacy Lab
October 09, 2020
The Industrial Pharmacy Lab at Philadelphia College of Pharmacy has seen great success, bringing in over $1 million in funding and grants to develop drugs and drug delivery systems for many pharmaceutical industry partners.
- PCP Doctoral Students Publish COVID-19 Research Review
September 25, 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic brought shutdowns across the country, three USciences PhD students used their time away from the lab to publish a review article about the virus.
- Under the Microscope: A Spotlight on Faculty Research
August 19, 2020
A look at the research of faculty members including Anil D'Mello PhD, Anne Galgon, PT, PhD, and Michelle Kanther, PhD.
- USciences Students Gain Telehealth Experience During COVID-19 Clinical Rotations
May 19, 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) has meant that many patients and their care teams are meeting on telehealth calls rather than face to face at the bedside. To learn the essential skills for this new modality of care, USciences students took on telehealth rotations this semester and were exposed to new ideas and challenges that arise when treating patients from afar.
- Alumna Follows Her Passion to Become University City Restaurant Owner
May 07, 2020
Kate Aiq (Seenstra) PH/TX'10 says USciences graduates are well prepared for any career, even one as a restaurant owner.
John W. Tomsho, PhD
Griffith Hall, Room 310A
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495