In This Section
Pharmaceutical Chemistry Major
Our uncommon four-year program prepares you for rewarding careers with pharmaceutical companies and government agencies. You’ll learn all aspects of drug development, from initial design to delivery. In your first two years, you’ll acquire a solid foundation in general chemistry, organic chemistry, biology, math, and physics. In your third and fourth years, you’ll enhance your knowledge with courses directly related to drug development, including computer-aided drug design, medicinal chemistry, and pharmaceutics.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We are the only university in the region offering a bachelor’s degree in pharmaceutical chemistry.
- Our program is certified by the American Chemical Society.
- Examine molecules and their protein receptors with powerful Beowulf supercomputers
in our West Center for Computational Chemistry and Drug Design.
- Use sophisticated laboratory equipment and advanced technology, including 400-MHz NMR spectrometers, high-pressure liquid chromatographs, and computer clusters with more than 2,000 processors.
- Gain valuable, hands-on experience in laboratory courses.
- The opportunity to conduct research as an undergraduate.
- Our campus is close to many of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
- Through our integrated degree program, you can earn your MS in half the time of a traditional degree program. We also offer a BS/PhD option.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
USciences Students Win Awards at Alpha Chi Honor Society Convention
May 11, 2017
Two USciences students who attended this year's Alpha Chi Honor Society Convention in Louisville, KY last month, came home with awards.
USciences Graduate Fellows Celebrated
April 04, 2017
Graduate students and their advisors celebrated the students' academic and research achievements at the annual Graduate Fellows Brunch on March 30 2017.
USciences Students Gain Pathway to a Nursing Career Through Villanova Nursing
March 31, 2017
The BSNExpress program is a 14-month, second degree program that incorporates all the standard components of the nursing program in a concentrated timeframe.
Camden County College and USciences are Building a Bridge
March 29, 2017
The two schools signed an agreement to ensure students who complete an appropriate AA or AS degree at CCC will be guaranteed junior status into a corresponding BS degree program at USciences.
Montgomery County Community College and USciences Sign Transfer Agreement
March 03, 2017
The transfer agreement is open to MCCC students receiving associate of science degrees for transfer into select USciences bachelor's programs.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810