In This Section
Pharmaceutical Chemistry Major
Our uncommon four-year program prepares you for rewarding careers with pharmaceutical companies and government agencies. You’ll learn all aspects of drug development, from initial design to delivery. In your first two years, you’ll acquire a solid foundation in general chemistry, organic chemistry, biology, math, and physics. In your third and fourth years, you’ll enhance your knowledge with courses directly related to drug development, including computer-aided drug design, medicinal chemistry, and pharmaceutics.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We are the only university in the region offering a bachelor’s degree in pharmaceutical chemistry.
- Our program is certified by the American Chemical Society.
- Examine molecules and their protein receptors with powerful Beowulf supercomputers
in our West Center for Computational Chemistry and Drug Design.
- Use sophisticated laboratory equipment and advanced technology, including 400-MHz NMR spectrometers, high-pressure liquid chromatographs, and computer clusters with more than 2,000 processors.
- Gain valuable, hands-on experience in laboratory courses.
- The opportunity to conduct research as an undergraduate.
- Our campus is close to many of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry Alumnus Tributes his USciences Degree for Opening his Career to a World of Endless Possibilities
May 25, 2021
Stephen Seach, Jr., PhC'17, JD, credits his experience at University of the Sciences for opening him up to endless career opportunities and preparing him for law school.
- Undergraduate Research Festival Celebrates Student Scholarship
March 23, 2018
The Undergraduate Research Festival sponsored by the Center for Undergraduate Research (CUR) celebrated the breadth of research projects being conducted by undergraduate students and their faculty mentors in a variety of labs and classrooms across campus. The three-day event formally began with ribbon cutting ceremonies by President Dr. Paul Katz.
- Matching Funds Double #GivingTuesdayUSciences Impact
November 15, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 28 is a day for giving back. Give Online and participate in #GivingTuesdayUSciences this holiday season. Each gift is being matched thanks to the generosity of a USciences alumna.
- STEM Majors at Mercer County Community College Can Transfer to USciences With Full Junior Status Under New Agreement
October 23, 2017
Mercer County Community College (MCCC) students pursuing a career in math, engineering, or the sciences can now transfer to University of the Sciences.
- USciences Remains Top 10 in the Nation for Average Salary of Graduates
September 28, 2017
USciences graduates have remained the seventh highest earners on average in the nation, according to the new 2017 College Scorecard data released by the U.S. Department of Education.
Griffith Hall, Room 130
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810