In This Section
Pharmaceutical Chemistry Major
Our uncommon four-year program prepares you for rewarding careers with pharmaceutical companies and government agencies. You’ll learn all aspects of drug development, from initial design to delivery. In your first two years, you’ll acquire a solid foundation in general chemistry, organic chemistry, biology, math, and physics. In your third and fourth years, you’ll enhance your knowledge with courses directly related to drug development, including computer-aided drug design, medicinal chemistry, and pharmaceutics.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We are the only university in the region offering a bachelor’s degree in pharmaceutical chemistry.
- Our program is certified by the American Chemical Society.
- Examine molecules and their protein receptors with powerful Beowulf supercomputers
in our West Center for Computational Chemistry and Drug Design.
- Use sophisticated laboratory equipment and advanced technology, including 400-MHz NMR spectrometers, high-pressure liquid chromatographs, and computer clusters with more than 2,000 processors.
- Gain valuable, hands-on experience in laboratory courses.
- The opportunity to conduct research as an undergraduate.
- Our campus is close to many of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
- Through our integrated degree program, you can earn your MS in half the time of a traditional degree program. We also offer a BS/PhD option.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
USciences Undergraduate Scholarship Recipients Showcase Summer Research Projects
December 13, 2017
In celebration of their summer research projects, USciences faculty mentors and student researchers lunched with benefactor and board of trustees Chairman Marvin Samson HonAlm'96, HonDSc'16 on Dec. 4, 2017.
Matching Funds Double #GivingTuesdayUSciences Impact
November 15, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 28 is a day for giving back. Give Online and participate in #GivingTuesdayUSciences this holiday season. Each gift is being matched thanks to the generosity of a USciences alumna.
STEM Majors at Mercer County Community College Can Transfer to USciences With Full Junior Status Under New Agreement
October 23, 2017
Mercer County Community College (MCCC) students pursuing a career in math, engineering, or the sciences can now transfer to University of the Sciences.
USciences' NIH Visit Focuses on Expanding Interprofessional Research Opportunities
July 18, 2017
In an effort to build relationships and learn about how to better qualify for federal grant funding, a group of University of the Sciences faculty and staff traveled to the Bethesda, Md., headquarters of the National Institutes of Health.
USciences Students Win Awards at Alpha Chi Honor Society Convention
May 11, 2017
Two USciences students who attended this year's Alpha Chi Honor Society Convention in Louisville, KY last month, came home with awards.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810