In This Section
Pharmaceutical Chemistry Major
Our uncommon four-year program prepares you for rewarding careers with pharmaceutical companies and government agencies. You’ll learn all aspects of drug development, from initial design to delivery. In your first two years, you’ll acquire a solid foundation in general chemistry, organic chemistry, biology, math, and physics. In your third and fourth years, you’ll enhance your knowledge with courses directly related to drug development, including computer-aided drug design, medicinal chemistry, and pharmaceutics.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We are the only university in the region offering a bachelor’s degree in pharmaceutical chemistry.
- Our program is certified by the American Chemical Society.
- Examine molecules and their protein receptors with powerful Beowulf supercomputers
in our West Center for Computational Chemistry and Drug Design.
- Use sophisticated laboratory equipment and advanced technology, including 400-MHz NMR spectrometers, high-pressure liquid chromatographs, and computer clusters with more than 2,000 processors.
- Gain valuable, hands-on experience in laboratory courses.
- The opportunity to conduct research as an undergraduate.
- Our campus is close to many of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
- Through our integrated degree program, you can earn your MS in half the time of a traditional degree program. We also offer a BS/PhD option.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
Montgomery County Community College and USciences Sign Transfer Agreement
March 03, 2017
The transfer agreement is open to MCCC students receiving associate of science degrees for transfer into select USciences bachelor's programs.
World-Renowned Chemistry Professor Receives 2017 Founders' Day Faculty Award of Merit
February 20, 2017
A world-renowned expert in mass spectrometry, Charles McEwen, PhD, the Houghton Professor of Chemistry, was presented the 2017 Faculty Award of Merit during University of the Sciences' 196th Founders' Day Ceremony on Thursday, Feb. 16, 2017.
West Chester Pa. Student Research Fellow Earns Founders' Day Graduate Student Award of Merit
February 20, 2017
A distinguished researcher who has also been recognized for his teaching on campus, James Gamrat PhD'18 was presented with the 2017 Graduate Student Award of Merit during the University of the Sciences' 196th Founders' Day Ceremony on Thursday, Feb. 16, 2017.
At USciences Eleonora Gianti PhD'13 Gained the Tools to Tackle Professional Research
February 03, 2017
Eleonora Gianti PhD'13 was given the opportunity to tackle professional and research challenges as a student in the Biochemistry Graduate Program at USciences.
USciences Signs Broad Articulation Agreement with Bucks County Community College
December 15, 2016
Under the terms of this agreement, students who graduate with pre-specified associate degrees from Bucks will be assured junior status at pre-identified BS programs at USciences.
Voki Pophristic, PhD
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495