In This Section
Pharmaceutical Chemistry Major
Our uncommon four-year program prepares you for rewarding careers with pharmaceutical companies and government agencies. You’ll learn all aspects of drug development, from initial design to delivery. In your first two years, you’ll acquire a solid foundation in general chemistry, organic chemistry, biology, math, and physics. In your third and fourth years, you’ll enhance your knowledge with courses directly related to drug development, including computer-aided drug design, medicinal chemistry, and pharmaceutics.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We are the only university in the region offering a bachelor’s degree in pharmaceutical chemistry.
- Our program is certified by the American Chemical Society.
- Examine molecules and their protein receptors with powerful Beowulf supercomputers
in our West Center for Computational Chemistry and Drug Design.
- Use sophisticated laboratory equipment and advanced technology, including 400-MHz NMR spectrometers, high-pressure liquid chromatographs, and computer clusters with more than 2,000 processors.
- Gain valuable, hands-on experience in laboratory courses.
- The opportunity to conduct research as an undergraduate.
- Our campus is close to many of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
- Through our integrated degree program, you can earn your MS in half the time of a traditional degree program. We also offer a BS/PhD option.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
USciences Signs Broad Articulation Agreement with Bucks County Community College
December 15, 2016
Under the terms of this agreement, students who graduate with pre-specified associate degrees fro Bucks will be assured junior status at pre-identified BS programs at USciences.
American Chemical Society Names USciences Student Group an Outstanding Chapter
December 07, 2016
The American Chemical Society student chapter at USciences has been selected to receive an Outstanding Chapter Award for its activities.
Alpha Chi Chapter Inducts 2016 Members
November 17, 2016
Thirty-six of the newest members were inducted into the USciences Pennsylvania Kappa Chapter of the Alpha Chi National Honor Society, during a special ceremony held on Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016.
2015-16 Faculty Awards
June 14, 2016
Voki Pophristic, PhD
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495