In This Section
Chemistry, MS, PhD
The Chemistry Graduate Program at USciences is pioneering and personalized, the ideal place to work and learn alongside top minds in exciting fields like computational chemistry and pharmacognosy. We pride ourselves on individual attention and support. Working in the McNeil Science and Technology Center, you’ll have access to state-of-the-art facilities and the latest technology for conducting pioneering original research.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Our chemistry graduate programs focus on the latest innovations in chemistry, especially
in the areas of computational chemistry and drug design.
- Engage in independent research under the guidance of expert faculty.
- We take your education personally. We’re small by design, so you’ll never feel like
- We forge close interdepartmental relationships and cross-discipline collaboration.
It’s common for a graduate student in medicinal chemistry to visit one of our toxicologists
to discuss potential problems of a prospective drug candidate.
- You’ll gain the advanced skills and level of knowledge that quickly translate into
a rewarding career. In fact, all of our students have been employed either directly
upon graduation or shortly thereafter.
- We provide a welcoming and supportive environment for scholars from around the world. Learn more about becoming a student in the United States and support services offered through USciences International Student and Scholar Services.
Program Director’s Message
- Lynette Hammond McNeal Endured Segregation and Racism to Advance her Career as an Adolescent Psychiatrist
December 14, 2020
Serving in the United States Army in 1949 as a black woman was a fraught position to say the least. But before Lynnette Hammond McNeal became a chemist, physician, and leading adolescent psychiatrist, she did just that.
- Misher Students Find Safety and Success in Labs
October 07, 2020
To allow students to continue these hands-on experiences, USciences faculty got creative to schedule coursework that would ensure that the experience in Chemistry and Biology laboratories for the fall 2020 semester would be rich while still maintaining COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- USciences Honors Elisabetta Fasella with Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching
June 01, 2020
At the 199th Commencement Ceremony, Elisabetta Fasella, PhD was honored with the Lindback Foundation Award for Distinguished Teaching. The award is made possible through a gift from Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback, and is given to a faculty member who is chosen by students for their excellence.
- Physics Alumnus' Passion Led Him to Work in Japan
June 01, 2020
Christopher Petoukhoff's C'11, Phys'11, PhD, passion for science and engineering has given him many opportunities, including a position as a postdoctoral researcher in materials science and engineering at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology.
- Biochemistry PhD Alum Offers Advice to Prospective Students
April 03, 2020
Nicolas Cope PhD'20 (biochemistry) credits USciences graduate programs for helping to advance his career and for giving him experience in the field even before graduation.
- Nicholas Cope PhD'20 Earns Founders' Day Award of Merit
March 09, 2020
An outstanding graduate researcher whose work to research cancer led to numerous publications, Nicolas Cope PhD'20 (biochemistry) was presented the 2020 Graduate Student Award of Merit during University of the Sciences' 199th Founders' Day Ceremony on Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020.
- USciences was the Catalyst for This Chemistry Major's Career
December 16, 2019
Tori Lugiano BS'19 seemed destined for a career in chemistry. For Christmas one year when she was little, she got a chemistry set from her mother, who would go on to buy CSI-type forensic science toy sets that Lugiano would spend hours doing at home. For Lugiano, the choice of a career always couched in the context of how it could benefit others.
- USciences, West Pharma Mark 20 Years of Innovative Research at The West Center
December 13, 2019
University of the Sciences (USciences) and West Pharmaceutical Services (West) celebrated 20 years since the establishment of the West Center for Computational Chemistry and Drug Design during a celebration on USciences' campus on December 12, 2019.
John W. Tomsho, PhD
Griffith Hall, Room 310A
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495