In This Section
Chemistry, MS, PhD
The Chemistry Graduate Program at USciences is pioneering and personalized, the ideal place to work and learn alongside top minds in exciting fields like computational chemistry and pharmacognosy. We pride ourselves on individual attention and support. Working in the McNeil Science and Technology Center, you’ll have access to state-of-the-art facilities and the latest technology for conducting pioneering original research. Courses cost $1,676 per credit.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Our chemistry graduate programs focus on the latest innovations in chemistry, especially
in the areas of computational chemistry and drug design.
- We’re one of the few chemistry departments in the country to offer a graduate degree
- We take your education personally. We’re small by design, so you’ll never feel like
- We forge close interdepartmental relationships and cross-discipline collaboration.
It’s common for a graduate student in medicinal chemistry to visit one of our toxicologists
to discuss potential problems of a prospective drug candidate.
- You’ll gain the advanced skills and level of knowledge that quickly translate into a rewarding career. In fact, all of our students have been employed either directly upon graduation or shortly thereafter.
Program Director’s Message
- USciences was the Catalyst for This Chemistry Major's Career
December 16, 2019
Tori Lugiano BS'19 seemed destined for a career in chemistry. For Christmas one year when she was little, she got a chemistry set from her mother, who would go on to buy CSI-type forensic science toy sets that Lugiano would spend hours doing at home. For Lugiano, the choice of a career always couched in the context of how it could benefit others.
- USciences, West Pharma Mark 20 Years of Innovative Research at The West Center
December 13, 2019
University of the Sciences (USciences) and West Pharmaceutical Services (West) celebrated 20 years since the establishment of the West Center for Computational Chemistry and Drug Design during a celebration on USciences' campus on December 12, 2019.
- Biochemistry Lab Studies RNA to Help Further Drug Development
December 13, 2019
Knowing it would give him an advantage, Gregory Boymel BC'23 decided to use the summer before starting at USciences to get hands-on experience in a lab. As a biochemistry major, he thought working alongside Nathan Baird PhD, interim chair and associate professor in the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry would be a perfect fit.
- Biochemistry Lab Positively Reacts to Passionate High School Intern
October 11, 2019
When nearing summer break, most high school sophomores are looking forward to taking time off from classwork and studying, but Emily Shang isn't like most of her peers. Instead of taking a couple months off, she searched the biographies of local professors with interesting lab work before landing on Zhihong Wang PhD, assistant professor of chemistry and biochemistry.
- Chemistry PhD Student James Gamrat Realizes Passion for Academia
July 18, 2019
Gamrat, who hopes to work at a University as a professor with his own research lab, has found success working in the chemistry department and various labs during his time as a PhD student at USciecnes.
John W. Tomsho, PhD
Griffith Hall, Room 310A
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495