In This Section
The USciences chemistry program provides you with a fundamental understanding of all five major areas of the field: analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, and biochemistry. Our program combines a foundational curriculum with practical experience, preparing you to enter a variety of career fields or continue your studies in graduate or professional school.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Our program is certified by the American Chemical Society.
- Use sophisticated laboratory equipment and advanced technology, including a 400-MHz NMR spectrometer, high-pressure liquid chromatographs, fluorescence
spectrophotometers, and powerful Beowulf supercomputers in our West Center for Computational Chemistry and Drug Design.
- Engage in independent research under the guidance of our diverse faculty.
- A low student-to-faculty ratio fosters close interaction between students and professors.
- Gain hands-on industry experience with on-campus and off-campus internships.
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
- USciences Honors Elisabetta Fasella with Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching
June 01, 2020
At the 199th Commencement Ceremony, Elisabetta Fasella, PhD was honored with the Lindback Foundation Award for Distinguished Teaching. The award is made possible through a gift from Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback, and is given to a faculty member who is chosen by students for their excellence.
- Physics Alumnus' Passion Led Him to Work in Japan
June 01, 2020
Christopher Petoukhoff's C'11, Phys'11, PhD, passion for science and engineering has given him many opportunities, including a position as a postdoctoral researcher in materials science and engineering at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology.
- USciences was the Catalyst for This Chemistry Major's Career
December 16, 2019
Tori Lugiano BS'19 seemed destined for a career in chemistry. For Christmas one year when she was little, she got a chemistry set from her mother, who would go on to buy CSI-type forensic science toy sets that Lugiano would spend hours doing at home. For Lugiano, the choice of a career always couched in the context of how it could benefit others.
- USciences, West Pharma Mark 20 Years of Innovative Research at The West Center
December 13, 2019
University of the Sciences (USciences) and West Pharmaceutical Services (West) celebrated 20 years since the establishment of the West Center for Computational Chemistry and Drug Design during a celebration on USciences' campus on December 12, 2019.
- Biochemistry Lab Studies RNA to Help Further Drug Development
December 13, 2019
Knowing it would give him an advantage, Gregory Boymel BC'23 decided to use the summer before starting at USciences to get hands-on experience in a lab. As a biochemistry major, he thought working alongside Nathan Baird PhD, interim chair and associate professor in the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry would be a perfect fit.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810