In This Section
The USciences chemistry program provides you with a fundamental understanding of all five major areas of the field: analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, and biochemistry. Our program combines a foundational curriculum with practical experience, preparing you to enter a variety of career fields or continue your studies in graduate or professional school.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Our program is certified by the American Chemical Society.
- Use sophisticated laboratory equipment and advanced technology, including a 400-MHz NMR spectrometer, high-pressure liquid chromatographs, fluorescence
spectrophotometers, and powerful Beowulf supercomputers in our West Center for Computational Chemistry and Drug Design.
- Engage in independent research under the guidance of our diverse faculty.
- A low student-to-faculty ratio fosters close interaction between students and professors.
- Gain hands-on industry experience with on-campus and off-campus internships.
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
Chemistry PhD Student James Gamrat Realizes Passion for Academia
July 18, 2019
Gamrat, who hopes to work at a University as a professor with his own research lab, has found success working in the chemistry department and various labs during his time as a PhD student at USciecnes.
World-Class Polymers Researchers Meet at USciences for New Conference
June 26, 2019
For the life sciences industry, polymers might be a game changer. From changing the way we think about medication delivery to discovering new materials for implants, experts brought their ideas to USciences in May for a two-day symposium entitled "Polymers in Life Sciences" where they explored the vast possibilities.
Ursinus College, USciences Sign Affiliation Agreement
June 25, 2019
Ursinus grads can pursue advanced degrees in one of 12 USciences graduate programs
Sigmapharm Internship Gives Students Exposure to Industry
January 30, 2019
Five USciences undergraduate students in the pharmaceutical sciences and pharmacology/toxicology programs learned about different career opportunities and applied their learning from the classroom and labs to the real world during a four-week summer internship experience at Sigmapharm Laboratories in Bensalem, Pa.
Undergraduate Research Festival Celebrates Student Scholarship
March 23, 2018
The Undergraduate Research Festival sponsored by the Center for Undergraduate Research (CUR) celebrated the breadth of research projects being conducted by undergraduate students and their faculty mentors in a variety of labs and classrooms across campus. The three-day event formally began with ribbon cutting ceremonies by President Dr. Paul Katz.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810