In This Section
The USciences chemistry program provides you with a fundamental understanding of all five major areas of the field: analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, and biochemistry. Our program combines a foundational curriculum with practical experience, preparing you to enter a variety of career fields or continue your studies in graduate or professional school.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Our program is certified by the American Chemical Society.
- Use sophisticated laboratory equipment and advanced technology, including a 400-MHz NMR spectrometer, high-pressure liquid chromatographs, fluorescence
spectrophotometers, and powerful Beowulf supercomputers in our West Center for Computational Chemistry and Drug Design.
- Engage in independent research under the guidance of our diverse faculty.
- A low student-to-faculty ratio fosters close interaction between students and professors.
- Gain hands-on industry experience with on-campus and off-campus internships.
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
- Lynette Hammond McNeal Endured Segregation and Racism to Advance her Career as an Adolescent Psychiatrist
December 14, 2020
Serving in the United States Army in 1949 as a black woman was a fraught position to say the least. But before Lynnette Hammond McNeal became a chemist, physician, and leading adolescent psychiatrist, she did just that.
- Misher Students Find Safety and Success in Labs
October 07, 2020
To allow students to continue these hands-on experiences, USciences faculty got creative to schedule coursework that would ensure that the experience in Chemistry and Biology laboratories for the fall 2020 semester would be rich while still maintaining COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- USciences Honors Elisabetta Fasella with Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching
June 01, 2020
At the 199th Commencement Ceremony, Elisabetta Fasella, PhD was honored with the Lindback Foundation Award for Distinguished Teaching. The award is made possible through a gift from Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback, and is given to a faculty member who is chosen by students for their excellence.
- Physics Alumnus' Passion Led Him to Work in Japan
June 01, 2020
Christopher Petoukhoff's C'11, Phys'11, PhD, passion for science and engineering has given him many opportunities, including a position as a postdoctoral researcher in materials science and engineering at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology.
- Biochemistry PhD Alum Offers Advice to Prospective Students
April 03, 2020
Nicolas Cope PhD'20 (biochemistry) credits USciences graduate programs for helping to advance his career and for giving him experience in the field even before graduation.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810