In This Section
Our bioinformatics non thesis masters program features a comprehensive core curriculum and cross-disciplinary training in data collection and analysis, preparing you for a future at the intersection of computer science and biology. USciences graduates enjoy careers as information technologists in science-driven environments and as specialists in database design, bioinformatics, or chemical and medical informatics. Graduates are employed by:
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- University of Pennsylvania
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Merck Research Laboratories
Courses cost $1,000 per credit. This non thesis masters program requires 34 credits to complete, and can be completed in about two years. Part-time students may take up to five years to complete the program. No GRE is needed to apply.
What Sets Us Apart?
- As the first Bioinformatics program in the Philadelphia area, and one of the first in the country, our core curriculum covers all of the major topics in bioinformatics, including molecular evolution,
phylogenetics, statistics, data mining techniques, and microarray and high-throughput
- Flexible scheduling means convenience for working professional, with most classes held in the evening.
- Dive deep into your areas of interest with elective courses in virology, immunology, pharmacogenomics, computer-aided drug
design, and other fields, with classroom study reinforced by laboratory and special
- Enjoy individual faculty attention and collaboration with peers from other departments and disciplines.
- Gain valuable experience with hands-on research opportunities.
- Classroom study, laboratory work, and special projects correspond to enhance foundational knowledge.
Program Director’s Message
USciences Celebrates Its 198-Year History at Founders' Day
February 18, 2019
With pomp and circumstance, USciences faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends marked 198 years since the University was established at a special Founders' Day ceremony on Feb. 14, 2019.
Sigmapharm Internship Gives Students Exposure to Industry
January 30, 2019
Five USciences undergraduate students in the pharmaceutical sciences and pharmacology/toxicology programs learned about different career opportunities and applied their learning from the classroom and labs to the real world during a four-week summer internship experience at Sigmapharm Laboratories in Bensalem, Pa.
Matching Funds Double #GivingTuesdayUSciences Impact
November 15, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 28 is a day for giving back. Give Online and participate in #GivingTuesdayUSciences this holiday season. Each gift is being matched thanks to the generosity of a USciences alumna.
USciences Remains Top 10 in the Nation for Average Salary of Graduates
September 28, 2017
USciences graduates have remained the seventh highest earners on average in the nation, according to the new 2017 College Scorecard data released by the U.S. Department of Education.
USciences Students Gain Pathway to a Nursing Career Through Villanova Nursing
March 31, 2017
The BSNExpress program is a 14-month, second degree program that incorporates all the standard components of the nursing program in a concentrated timeframe.
Zhijun Li, PhD
McNeil Science and Technology Center, Room 219
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495