In This Section
Our bioinformatics masters program features a comprehensive core curriculum and cross-disciplinary training in data collection and analysis, preparing you for
a future at the intersection of computer science and biology. USciences graduates
enjoy careers as information technologists in science-driven environments and as specialists in
database design, bioinformatics, or chemical and medical informatics. Courses cost
$1,000 per credit.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Our core curriculum covers all of the major topics in bioinformatics, including molecular evolution,
phylogenetics, statistics, data mining techniques, and microarray and high-throughput
- Enjoy individual faculty attention and collaboration with peers from other departments and disciplines.
- Dive deep into your areas of interest with elective courses in virology, immunology,
pharmacogenomics, computer-aided drug design, and other fields.
- Gain valuable experience with hands-on research opportunities.
- Classroom study, laboratory work, and special projects correspond to enhance foundational
- Flexible scheduling lets you adjust the bioinformatics masters program to fit your lifestyle.
At University of the Sciences, our bioinformatics master’s program provides a solid foundation for these careers, with the cross-disciplinary training you need to understand all aspects of collecting, assembling, and analyzing data.
The core curriculum covers:
- Bioinformatic genomics, methods, and applications
- Molecular evolution and phylogenetics
- Probability and statistics
- Microarray and high-throughput sequencing technology
- Web and database development
- Algorithms and data mining techniques
You can delve deeper in your area of interest through elective courses in virology, immunology, pharmacogenomics, computer-aided drug design, and other fields. Your classroom study is reinforced by laboratory and special project work.
Like all of our students, you’ll benefit from individual faculty attention, hands-on research opportunities, collaboration with peers from other departments and disciplines, and flexible scheduling.
Program Director’s Message
- Loading Events...
Matching Funds Double #GivingTuesdayUSciences Impact
November 15, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 28 is a day for giving back. Give Online and participate in #GivingTuesdayUSciences this holiday season. Each gift is being matched thanks to the generosity of a USciences alumna.
USciences Students Gain Pathway to a Nursing Career Through Villanova Nursing
March 31, 2017
The BSNExpress program is a 14-month, second degree program that incorporates all the standard components of the nursing program in a concentrated timeframe.
USciences Signs Broad Articulation Agreement with Bucks County Community College
December 15, 2016
Under the terms of this agreement, students who graduate with pre-specified associate degrees from Bucks will be assured junior status at pre-identified BS programs at USciences.
2015-16 Faculty Awards
June 14, 2016
Zhijun Li, PhD
McNeil Science and Technology Center, Room 219
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495