In This Section
Our bioinformatics non thesis masters program features a comprehensive core curriculum and cross-disciplinary training in data collection and analysis, preparing you for a future at the intersection of computer science and biology. USciences graduates enjoy careers as information technologists in science-driven environments and as specialists in database design, bioinformatics, or chemical and medical informatics. Graduates are employed by:
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- University of Pennsylvania
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Merck Research Laboratories
Courses cost $1,000 per credit. This non thesis masters program requires 34 credits to complete, and can be completed in about two years. Part-time students may take up to five years to complete the program. No GRE is needed to apply.
What Sets Us Apart?
- As the first Bioinformatics program in the Philadelphia area, and one of the first in the country, our core curriculum covers all of the major topics in bioinformatics, including molecular evolution,
phylogenetics, statistics, data mining techniques, and microarray and high-throughput
- Flexible scheduling means convenience for working professional, with most classes held in the evening.
- Dive deep into your areas of interest with elective courses in virology, immunology, pharmacogenomics, computer-aided drug
design, and other fields, with classroom study reinforced by laboratory and special
- Enjoy individual faculty attention and collaboration with peers from other departments and disciplines.
- Gain valuable experience with hands-on research opportunities.
- Classroom study, laboratory work, and special projects correspond to enhance foundational knowledge.
Program Director’s Message
Matching Funds Double #GivingTuesdayUSciences Impact
November 15, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 28 is a day for giving back. Give Online and participate in #GivingTuesdayUSciences this holiday season. Each gift is being matched thanks to the generosity of a USciences alumna.
USciences Remains Top 10 in the Nation for Average Salary of Graduates
September 28, 2017
USciences graduates have remained the seventh highest earners on average in the nation, according to the new 2017 College Scorecard data released by the U.S. Department of Education.
USciences Students Gain Pathway to a Nursing Career Through Villanova Nursing
March 31, 2017
The BSNExpress program is a 14-month, second degree program that incorporates all the standard components of the nursing program in a concentrated timeframe.
USciences Signs Broad Articulation Agreement with Bucks County Community College
December 15, 2016
Under the terms of this agreement, students who graduate with pre-specified associate degrees from Bucks will be assured junior status at pre-identified BS programs at USciences.
2015-16 Faculty Awards
June 14, 2016
Zhijun Li, PhD
McNeil Science and Technology Center, Room 219
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495