In This Section
Our bioinformatics masters program features a comprehensive core curriculum and cross-disciplinary training in data collection and analysis, preparing you for
a future at the intersection of computer science and biology. USciences graduates
enjoy careers as information technologists in science-driven environments and as specialists in
database design, bioinformatics, or chemical and medical informatics. Courses cost
$1,000 per credit.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Our core curriculum covers all of the major topics in bioinformatics, including molecular evolution,
phylogenetics, statistics, data mining techniques, and microarray and high-throughput
- Enjoy individual faculty attention and collaboration with peers from other departments and disciplines.
- Dive deep into your areas of interest with elective courses in virology, immunology,
pharmacogenomics, computer-aided drug design, and other fields.
- Gain valuable experience with hands-on research opportunities.
- Classroom study, laboratory work, and special projects correspond to enhance foundational
- Flexible scheduling lets you adjust the bioinformatics masters program to fit your lifestyle.
At University of the Sciences, our bioinformatics master’s program provides a solid foundation for these careers, with the cross-disciplinary training you need to understand all aspects of collecting, assembling, and analyzing data.
The core curriculum covers:
- Bioinformatic genomics, methods, and applications
- Molecular evolution and phylogenetics
- Probability and statistics
- Microarray and high-throughput sequencing technology
- Web and database development
- Algorithms and data mining techniques
You can delve deeper in your area of interest through elective courses in virology, immunology, pharmacogenomics, computer-aided drug design, and other fields. Your classroom study is reinforced by laboratory and special project work.
Like all of our students, you’ll benefit from individual faculty attention, hands-on research opportunities, collaboration with peers from other departments and disciplines, and flexible scheduling.
Program Director’s Message
- Loading Events...
Matching Funds Double #GivingTuesdayUSciences Impact
November 15, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 28 is a day for giving back. Give Online and participate in #GivingTuesdayUSciences this holiday season. Each gift is being matched thanks to the generosity of a USciences alumna.
USciences Remains Top 10 in the Nation for Average Salary of Graduates
September 28, 2017
USciences graduates have remained the seventh highest earners on average in the nation, according to the new 2017 College Scorecard data released by the U.S. Department of Education.
USciences Students Gain Pathway to a Nursing Career Through Villanova Nursing
March 31, 2017
The BSNExpress program is a 14-month, second degree program that incorporates all the standard components of the nursing program in a concentrated timeframe.
USciences Signs Broad Articulation Agreement with Bucks County Community College
December 15, 2016
Under the terms of this agreement, students who graduate with pre-specified associate degrees from Bucks will be assured junior status at pre-identified BS programs at USciences.
2015-16 Faculty Awards
June 14, 2016
Zhijun Li, PhD
McNeil Science and Technology Center, Room 219
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495