In This Section
Biochemistry, MS, PhD
Biochemistry makes connections. You’ll make connections of your own at USciences. Expert instructors bring biology and chemistry disciplines together our graduate-level courses. Research and internship opportunities link those lessons to the real world. With an advanced degree, your knowledge and network help you make the ultimate connection—to a rewarding career in biochemistry.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We’re one of only 38 programs that can claim that they’re accredited nationally by the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
- Use sophisticated laboratory equipment and advanced technology, including a 400-MHz
NMR spectrometer, high-pressure liquid chromatographs, fluorescence spectrophotometers,
and powerful Beowulf supercomputers in our West Center for Computational Chemistry and Drug Design.
- We incorporate computer technology throughout the curriculum, starting with your first
course in chemistry. Nearly all lectures and labs integrate computer applications.
- Engage in independent research under the guidance of expert faculty.
- Our faculty specialize in structural biochemistry, bioinorganic chemistry, enzymology, molecular
biology, cell biology, immunology, bioinformatics, and biochemical genetics.
- Gain industrial experience via on-campus and off-campus internships.
Program Director’s Message
- Loading Events...
USciences Students Win Awards at Alpha Chi Honor Society Convention
May 11, 2017
Two USciences students who attended this year's Alpha Chi Honor Society Convention in Louisville, KY last month, came home with awards.
Brewing Science Program Teams Up with Yards, St. Benjamins for Two Different Collaboration Brews
April 10, 2017
The brewing science program teamed up with Yards and Clarkville to create Bitter Landlord and crafted Kite Club Ale with St. Benjamin Brewing Company.
USciences Graduate Fellows Celebrated
April 04, 2017
Graduate students and their advisors celebrated the students' academic and research achievements at the annual Graduate Fellows Brunch on March 30 2017.
USciences Students Gain Pathway to a Nursing Career Through Villanova Nursing
March 31, 2017
The BSNExpress program is a 14-month, second degree program that incorporates all the standard components of the nursing program in a concentrated timeframe.
Camden County College and USciences are Building a Bridge
March 29, 2017
The two schools signed an agreement to ensure students who complete an appropriate AA or AS degree at CCC will be guaranteed junior status into a corresponding BS degree program at USciences.
James R. McKee, PhD
Robert McNeil Graduate Study and Research Center, Room 201
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495