In This Section
Biochemistry, MS, PhD
Biochemistry makes connections. You’ll make connections of your own at USciences. Expert instructors bring biology and chemistry disciplines together our graduate-level courses. Research and internship opportunities link those lessons to the real world. With an advanced degree, your knowledge and network help you make the ultimate connection—to a rewarding career in biochemistry.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We’re one of only 38 programs that can claim that they’re accredited nationally by the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
- Use sophisticated laboratory equipment and advanced technology, including a 400-MHz
NMR spectrometer, high-pressure liquid chromatographs, fluorescence spectrophotometers,
and powerful Beowulf supercomputers in our West Center for Computational Chemistry and Drug Design.
- We incorporate computer technology throughout the curriculum, starting with your first
course in chemistry. Nearly all lectures and labs integrate computer applications.
- Engage in independent research under the guidance of expert faculty.
- Our faculty specialize in structural biochemistry, bioinorganic chemistry, enzymology, molecular
biology, cell biology, immunology, bioinformatics, and biochemical genetics.
- Gain industrial experience via on-campus and off-campus internships.
Program Director’s Message
- Loading Events...
Matching Funds Double #GivingTuesdayUSciences Impact
November 15, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 28 is a day for giving back. Give Online and participate in #GivingTuesdayUSciences this holiday season. Each gift is being matched thanks to the generosity of a USciences alumna.
STEM Majors at Mercer County Community College Can Transfer to USciences With Full Junior Status Under New Agreement
October 23, 2017
Mercer County Community College (MCCC) students pursuing a career in math, engineering, or the sciences can now transfer to University of the Sciences.
Pink Boots Society, USciences Tackle Sexism in Brewing at 1st Annual Women in Brewing Symposium
August 15, 2017
Topics of discussion include key issues for women in the brewing industry.
Dr. Shivendra Sahi Named Chair and Professor of Biology at USciences
August 10, 2017
Over the years, Dr. Sahi has managed more than $4 million in research and training grants from many federal and state agencies.
James R. McKee, PhD
Robert McNeil Graduate Study and Research Center, Room 201
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495