In This Section
Biochemistry, MS, PhD
Biochemistry makes connections. You’ll make connections of your own at USciences. Expert instructors bring biology and chemistry disciplines together our graduate-level courses. Research and internship opportunities link those lessons to the real world. With an advanced degree, your knowledge and network help you make the ultimate connection—to a rewarding career in biochemistry.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We’re one of only 38 programs that can claim that they’re accredited nationally by the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
- Use sophisticated laboratory equipment and advanced technology, including a 400-MHz
NMR spectrometer, high-pressure liquid chromatographs, fluorescence spectrophotometers,
and powerful Beowulf supercomputers in our West Center for Computational Chemistry and Drug Design.
- We incorporate computer technology throughout the curriculum, starting with your first
course in chemistry. Nearly all lectures and labs integrate computer applications.
- Engage in independent research under the guidance of expert faculty.
- Our faculty specialize in structural biochemistry, bioinorganic chemistry, enzymology, molecular
biology, cell biology, immunology, bioinformatics, and biochemical genetics.
- Gain industrial experience via on-campus and off-campus internships.
Program Director’s Message
- Loading Events...
USciences Signs Broad Articulation Agreement with Bucks County Community College
December 15, 2016
Under the terms of this agreement, students who graduate with pre-specified associate degrees fro Bucks will be assured junior status at pre-identified BS programs at USciences.
American Chemical Society Names USciences Student Group an Outstanding Chapter
December 07, 2016
The American Chemical Society student chapter at USciences has been selected to receive an Outstanding Chapter Award for its activities.
Alpha Chi Chapter Inducts 2016 Members
November 17, 2016
Thirty-six of the newest members were inducted into the USciences Pennsylvania Kappa Chapter of the Alpha Chi National Honor Society, during a special ceremony held on Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016.
Health Tip: Flu Season is Beginning Already
October 04, 2016
A Second Chance Leads to Life Lessons
September 10, 2016
James R. McKee, PhD
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495