In This Section
At USciences you’ll establish a firm foundation of biology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics, integrating different disciplines through a comprehensive curriculum. You’ll apply your knowledge by conducting research with faculty, and you’ll gain valuable laboratory experience using sophisticated equipment. Your familiarity with the molecules and complex structures that make up organisms will enable you to go on to work in a wide range of industries or continue your studies in graduate or medical school.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Our biochemistry major program is one of only 38 programs accredited nationally by the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
- The BS in biochemistry program is also certified by the American Chemical Society,
provided you include in your program specified chemistry electives.
- Our biochemistry major curriculum incorporates computer technology and applications into nearly all lecture and laboratory
components, starting with your first course in chemistry.
- Use sophisticated laboratory equipment and advanced technology, including a 400-MHz NMR spectrometer, high-pressure liquid
chromatographs, fluorescence spectrophotometers, and powerful Beowulf supercomputers
in our West Center for Computational Chemistry and Drug Design.
- Engage in independent research under the guidance of our diverse faculty.
- Our faculty members are experts in structural biochemistry, bioinorganic chemistry, enzymology,
molecular biology, cell biology, immunology, bioinformatics, and biochemical genetics.
- Gain hands-on industry experience with on-campus and off-campus internships.
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences biochemistry MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost.
USciences Celebrates Its 198-Year History at Founders' Day
February 18, 2019
With pomp and circumstance, USciences faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends marked 198 years since the University was established at a special Founders' Day ceremony on Feb. 14, 2019.
Undergraduate Research Festival Celebrates Student Scholarship
March 23, 2018
The Undergraduate Research Festival sponsored by the Center for Undergraduate Research (CUR) celebrated the breadth of research projects being conducted by undergraduate students and their faculty mentors in a variety of labs and classrooms across campus. The three-day event formally began with ribbon cutting ceremonies by President Dr. Paul Katz.
Matching Funds Double #GivingTuesdayUSciences Impact
November 15, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 28 is a day for giving back. Give Online and participate in #GivingTuesdayUSciences this holiday season. Each gift is being matched thanks to the generosity of a USciences alumna.
STEM Majors at Mercer County Community College Can Transfer to USciences With Full Junior Status Under New Agreement
October 23, 2017
Mercer County Community College (MCCC) students pursuing a career in math, engineering, or the sciences can now transfer to University of the Sciences.
USciences Remains Top 10 in the Nation for Average Salary of Graduates
September 28, 2017
USciences graduates have remained the seventh highest earners on average in the nation, according to the new 2017 College Scorecard data released by the U.S. Department of Education.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810