In This Section
At USciences you’ll establish a firm foundation of biology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics, integrating different disciplines through a comprehensive curriculum. You’ll apply your knowledge by conducting research with faculty, and you’ll gain valuable laboratory experience using sophisticated equipment. Your familiarity with the molecules and complex structures that make up organisms will enable you to go on to work in a wide range of industries or continue your studies in graduate or medical school.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Our biochemistry major program is one of only 38 programs accredited nationally by the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
- The BS in biochemistry program is also certified by the American Chemical Society,
provided you include in your program specified chemistry electives.
- Our biochemistry major curriculum incorporates computer technology and applications into nearly all lecture and laboratory
components, starting with your first course in chemistry.
- Use sophisticated laboratory equipment and advanced technology, including a 400-MHz NMR spectrometer, high-pressure liquid
chromatographs, fluorescence spectrophotometers, and powerful Beowulf supercomputers
in our West Center for Computational Chemistry and Drug Design.
- Engage in independent research under the guidance of our diverse faculty.
- Our faculty members are experts in structural biochemistry, bioinorganic chemistry, enzymology,
molecular biology, cell biology, immunology, bioinformatics, and biochemical genetics.
- Gain hands-on industry experience with on-campus and off-campus internships.
- Enroll in our integrated BS/MS or BS/PhD programs to obtain a graduate degree in less time than a traditional degree program.
- Loading Events...
USciences Undergraduate Scholarship Recipients Showcase Summer Research Projects
December 13, 2017
In celebration of their summer research projects, USciences faculty mentors and student researchers lunched with benefactor and board of trustees Chairman Marvin Samson HonAlm'96, HonDSc'16 on Dec. 4, 2017.
Matching Funds Double #GivingTuesdayUSciences Impact
November 15, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 28 is a day for giving back. Give Online and participate in #GivingTuesdayUSciences this holiday season. Each gift is being matched thanks to the generosity of a USciences alumna.
STEM Majors at Mercer County Community College Can Transfer to USciences With Full Junior Status Under New Agreement
October 23, 2017
Mercer County Community College (MCCC) students pursuing a career in math, engineering, or the sciences can now transfer to University of the Sciences.
USciences' NIH Visit Focuses on Expanding Interprofessional Research Opportunities
July 18, 2017
In an effort to build relationships and learn about how to better qualify for federal grant funding, a group of University of the Sciences faculty and staff traveled to the Bethesda, Md., headquarters of the National Institutes of Health.
USciences Students Win Awards at Alpha Chi Honor Society Convention
May 11, 2017
Two USciences students who attended this year's Alpha Chi Honor Society Convention in Louisville, KY last month, came home with awards.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810