In This Section
Biomedical Writing, Certificates
Now more than ever, professionals with medical writing expertise in regulatory writing and promotional writing are in high demand. Learn how to organize and communicate complex clinical data with clarity and style, and how to promote new drugs and therapies while complying with strict regulations.
Our 100% online certificate programs are designed to accommodate working professionals. Classes are offered asynchronously or via webinar or other live online delivery method in the evenings or on weekends. Courses are $1,000 per credit and our certificates can be completed part- or full-time in two years or less.
Certificate in Marketing Writing and Certificate in Regulatory Writing
If you already have clinical or pharmaceutical experience and wish to change career directions, our certificate programs allow you to focus on the essential skills required for marketing communications or regulatory writing.
The Certificate in Marketing Writing focuses on promotions and publications; the Certificate in Regulatory Writing focuses on preparing documents for initial and continuing approval of therapies.
These certificates are designed for practicing professional medical writers who want to advance in their careers or acquire further training and credentialing in the biomedical writing field. Each medical writing certificate program can be completed part-time in 8 months and requires a B average in 4 courses, each 3 credit hours.
What Sets Us Apart?
- You will learn how to write for a broad selection of audiences, including regulatory
agencies, pharmaceutical companies, contract research organizations, advertising agencies,
clinical sites, and the general healthcare consumer.
- Our alumni network includes USciences graduates working in management in the
pharmaceutical and device industries or running small and large freelance medical writing businesses.
- Students with non-scientific academic backgrounds can obtain scientific credentials
through these respected certificate programs.
- Small class size and ready access to faculty.
- All faculty have worked in relevant positions in the industry, most currently.
- Excellent networking opportunities are available to connect students with alumni and potential employers.
USciences NewsView All
- Media Personality Michael Smerconish To Address Graduates at 2020 Commencement
March 24, 2020
In recognition of Smerconish's contributions to the public discourse and advocacy for the common good, he will also receive an honorary doctor of science degree during the ceremony.
- USciences Establishes Procedures for Service Animals in Campus Labs
March 03, 2020
In an effort to make campus more inclusive to current and future students USciences recently established procedures to allow service animals in on-campus laboratory environments.
- USciences Honored for Social Mobility at Philadelphia Social Innovations Awards
February 25, 2020
University of the Sciences was awarded the 2020 Social Innovation Award for Post Secondary Education: Social Mobility. The awards were presented on January 23 at Independence Blue Cross' Innovation Center.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495