In This Section
Physician Assistant, Undergraduate Pre-Professional Program - Admission Requirements and Application Process
- A minimum overall and science GPA of a 3.0 is required to apply for the Physician Assistant Studies program. No science grades below a B from a community college or C from a 4 year college will be accepted
- New transfer students may enroll in the Fall semester of the first or second year
of the pre-professional program. Transfers are not accepted in the Spring semesters.
A minimum of 2 years of study in the pre-professional phase of the program is required.
Please submit the following items:
- Apply online. Applications are free.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended.
- An official high school transcript or an official copy of a General Equivalency Diploma (GED). If you have an Associate’s degree or 30+ college credits prior to your enrollment at USciences these transcripts are waived.
- Official SAT or ACT scores (if you have 24 or more credits you do not have to submit scores.) Please contact the College Board at 866-756-7346 or ACT Assessment at 319-337-1313 to obtain your scores).
- One to three letters of recommendation. Recommendations may be submitted using our recommendation form.
- A professional goal statement—The statement should explain in detail your interest in the professional program to which you are applying, how you developed this interest, your career goals, and any attributes and accomplishments you believe will enhance your future academic and career success. Also please tell us why you have chosen to apply to USciences.
Students accepted into the Physician Assistant Undergraduate Pre-Professional Program will be required to complete 50 Shadow hours before classes begin in the Fall.
The ideal PA Student applicant:
- Has knowledge of the PA profession
- Is intensely interested in the human body and how it functions
- Has an academic affinity toward the natural sciences
- Is eager to learn and highly motivated
- Is someone with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Is able to take corrective criticism
- Is professional, mature, and accepts full responsibility for their actions
- Is respectful of supervisors and peers
- Is a team player
- Has a very competitive high school GPA
- Has already worked or volunteered in a medical environment
Transfer Undergraduate Pre-Professional Physician Assistant Pathway
Here are the courses we recommend taking before transferring into USciences Undergraduate Pre-Professional Physician Assistant Program. Click here for an incomplete list of courses from other institutions that transfer into USciences.
Patient Contact Hours: Students transferring into 2nd year must have a minimum of 150 hours. Also see Patient Contact Hours Log PDF here.
You are eligible for SECOND-YEAR CONSIDERATION into the Undergraduate Pre-Professional Physician Assistant Studies program, if you have a minimum 3.0 overall GPA, (no science grades below a B from a community college or C from a 4 year college will be accepted) and have completed, at the collegiate level, the following first-year courses:
- General Biology I & II with labs (NOT Anatomy & Physiology) (8 credits)
- General Chemistry I & II (for science majors) with labs (8 credits)
- Pre-calculus & Calculus I (6 credits)
- Writing Intensive English (6 credits)
- Introduction to Psychology (3 credits)
*The course sequence is provided as a general guideline for what a complete academic year within the program looks like. If you have not completed all of the required courses listed within an academic year, we encourage you to still apply. We will evaluate your coursework, and, if you are accepted, develop a customized curriculum that will allow you to complete your degree at USciences.
We are not able to give credit for the following upper level science courses, for the PA program:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Clinical Immunology
- Medical Terminology
- Organic Chemistry
- Scientific Writing
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8821