In This Section
Microbiology—the study of life that cannot be seen with the naked eye—holds the answers to practical problems in health and medicine, food production and preservation, alternative energy, and infectious disease control. Some microorganisms cause disease, but many carry out important functions that are critical to life on Earth.
Our structured curriculum is flexible enough for you to pursue interests in clinical, environmental, basic and applied microbiology. You will also gain additional exposure to the natural and physical sciences and humanities, plus ample opportunities for independent study and/or directed research. The USciences BS in microbiology degree program is one of only a handful in the Mid-Atlantic region and meets the guidelines put forth by the American Society for Microbiology.
- The McNeil Science and Technology Center offers you access to labs, equipment, and resources at the forefront of science
- Expert faculty members provide unparalleled guidance to help you complete your degree and advance
in your career.
- A structured curriculum with strong cross-disciplinary interaction encourages working closely with students and faculty in other programs.
- Supervised independent research —early in your undergraduate program—gives you invaluable hands-on, practical experience.
- Our superior reputation for academics and research will help you gain employment in your choice of clinical, government, academic, and industrial settings.
- Your BS in microbiology lays a solid foundation on which you can build graduate studies in forensic science, medicine, molecular biology, biotechnology and other advanced academic degrees in public health and research-based professional programs.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
Montgomery County Community College and USciences Sign Transfer Agreement
March 03, 2017
The transfer agreement is open to MCCC students receiving associate of science degrees for transfer into select USciences bachelor's programs.
USciences Signs Broad Articulation Agreement with Bucks County Community College
December 15, 2016
Under the terms of this agreement, students who graduate with pre-specified associate degrees from Bucks will be assured junior status at pre-identified BS programs at USciences.
Alpha Chi Chapter Inducts 2016 Members
November 17, 2016
Thirty-six of the newest members were inducted into the USciences Pennsylvania Kappa Chapter of the Alpha Chi National Honor Society, during a special ceremony held on Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016.
Health Tip: Flu Season is Beginning Already
October 04, 2016
A Second Chance Leads to Life Lessons
September 10, 2016
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495