In This Section
Microbiology—the study of life that cannot be seen with the naked eye—holds the answers to practical problems in health and medicine, food production and preservation, alternative energy, and infectious disease control. Some microorganisms cause disease, but many carry out important functions that are critical to life on Earth.
Our structured curriculum is flexible enough for you to pursue interests in clinical, environmental, basic and applied microbiology. You will also gain additional exposure to the natural and physical sciences and humanities, plus ample opportunities for independent study and/or directed research. The USciences BS in microbiology degree program is one of only a handful in the Mid-Atlantic region and meets the guidelines put forth by the American Society for Microbiology.
- The McNeil Science and Technology Center offers you access to labs, equipment, and resources at the forefront of science
- Expert faculty members provide unparalleled guidance to help you complete your degree and advance
in your career.
- A structured curriculum with strong cross-disciplinary interaction encourages working closely with students and faculty in other programs.
- Supervised independent research —early in your undergraduate program—gives you invaluable hands-on, practical experience.
- Our superior reputation for academics and research will help you gain employment in your choice of clinical, government, academic, and industrial settings.
- Your BS in microbiology lays a solid foundation on which you can build graduate studies in forensic science, medicine, molecular biology, biotechnology and other advanced academic degrees in public health and research-based professional programs.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
Matching Funds Double #GivingTuesdayUSciences Impact
November 15, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 28 is a day for giving back. Give Online and participate in #GivingTuesdayUSciences this holiday season. Each gift is being matched thanks to the generosity of a USciences alumna.
STEM Majors at Mercer County Community College Can Transfer to USciences With Full Junior Status Under New Agreement
October 23, 2017
Mercer County Community College (MCCC) students pursuing a career in math, engineering, or the sciences can now transfer to University of the Sciences.
Pink Boots Society, USciences Tackle Sexism in Brewing at 1st Annual Women in Brewing Symposium
August 15, 2017
Topics of discussion include key issues for women in the brewing industry.
Dr. Shivendra Sahi Named Chair and Professor of Biology at USciences
August 10, 2017
Over the years, Dr. Sahi has managed more than $4 million in research and training grants from many federal and state agencies.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810