In This Section
Microbiology—the study of life that cannot be seen with the naked eye—holds the answers to practical problems in health and medicine, food production and preservation, alternative energy, and infectious disease control. Some microorganisms cause disease, but many carry out important functions that are critical to life on Earth.
Our structured curriculum is flexible enough for you to pursue interests in clinical, environmental, basic and applied microbiology. You will also gain additional exposure to the natural and physical sciences and humanities, plus ample opportunities for independent study and/or directed research. The USciences BS in microbiology degree program is one of only a handful in the Mid-Atlantic region and meets the guidelines put forth by the American Society for Microbiology.
- The McNeil Science and Technology Center offers you access to labs, equipment, and resources at the forefront of science
- Expert faculty members provide unparalleled guidance to help you complete your degree and advance
in your career.
- A structured curriculum with strong cross-disciplinary interaction encourages working closely with students and faculty in other programs.
- Supervised independent research —early in your undergraduate program—gives you invaluable hands-on, practical experience.
- Our superior reputation for academics and research will help you gain employment in your choice of clinical, government, academic, and industrial settings.
- Your BS in microbiology lays a solid foundation on which you can build graduate studies in forensic science, medicine, molecular biology, biotechnology and other advanced academic degrees in public health and research-based professional programs.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
Pink Boots Society, USciences Tackle Sexism in Brewing at 1st Annual Women in Brewing Symposium
August 15, 2017
Topics of discussion include key issues for women in the brewing industry.
Dr. Shivendra Sahi Named Chair and Professor of Biology at USciences
August 10, 2017
Over the years, Dr. Sahi has managed more than $4 million in research and training grants from many federal and state agencies.
USciences' NIH Visit Focuses on Expanding Interprofessional Research Opportunities
July 18, 2017
In an effort to build relationships and learn about how to better qualify for federal grant funding, a group of University of the Sciences faculty and staff traveled to the Bethesda, Md., headquarters of the National Institutes of Health.
Alumna Taps into CPR Skills to Save a Stranger's Life
July 17, 2017
Lindsay Hummel BI'13, DPM, was celebrating her medical school graduation when she was called into action to perform CPR on a stranger.
Amanpreet Kaur PhD'17 Says Cancer Biology Program Uniquely Prepared Her in Quest for Researching a Cancer Cure
June 13, 2017
On a search to find a cure for cancer and other diseases, Amanpreet Kaur PhD'17 said a unique program between USciences and The Wistar Institute helped prepare her for that noble task.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810