In This Section
Medical Laboratory Science Major
Our program in medical laboratory science is one of the few hospital based programs in the region directed by a certified medical laboratory scientist—putting the focus on the science behind the medicine. With our versatile curriculum, you’ll learn the basics and everything beyond, gaining an unparalleled understanding of the field. And our expert faculty will help you prepare for a variety of careers after graduation.
What sets us apart?
- Unlike many health sciences programs, our medical laboratory science major requires
only four years of study.
- Combine in-depth theory with faculty-directed research to prepare for a rewarding
- You’ll gain hands-on experience at a range of clinical sites.
- Thinking of pre-medical studies? Medical laboratory sciences is a great place to start.
- Hone your skills through internship experiences at hospital laboratories.
- You can obtain a five-year dual degree in medical laboratory science and either biology, microbiology, or humanities and sciences.
USciences NewsView All
- Alumnus Takes 'Opportunity of A Lifetime' Serving on White House Coronavirus Task Force
July 09, 2020
Kurtis Oakley MB'07, MT'08 was deployed in April as a COVID-19 microbiological operations officer with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) White House task force unit.
- Dig It: Student's Passion Leads to Month-Long Excavation Trip in Belize
June 30, 2020
Victoria Pobok Bio'20, HumSci'20 has always loved learning about ancient cultures and this summer she was able to indulge that curiosity during a month-long archeological dig in Northern Belize studying the ancient Maya.
- Tim Bowers MT'02, MPH'08 Leads Local Health System's Response to COVID-19
May 19, 2020
Tim Bowers MT'02, MPH'08, Director of Infection Prevention for ChristianaCare, has helped to prepare the health system to receive Coronavirus (COVID-19) patients as the pandemic hit Delaware.
- USciences' Brewing Science Program Awarded Grant To Develop Quality Testing Lab
December 16, 2019
Governor Tom Wolf announced that the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB) has approved $1.2 million in grants for 18 projects to increase the production of Pennsylvania-made malt and brewed beverages and enhance the Pennsylvania beer industry through promotion, marketing, and research-based programs and projects.
- University of the Sciences, Lallemand Brewing, and L2C Partners Announce GY7B Sour Beer Technology License Agreement
December 09, 2019
The GY7B technology allows Lallemand Brewing to further expand its portfolio of innovative and creative solutions for the brewing industry.
Griffith Hall, Room 130
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810