In This Section
Medical Laboratory Science Major
Our program in medical laboratory science is one of the few hospital based programs in the region directed by a certified medical laboratory scientist—putting the focus on the science behind the medicine. With our versatile curriculum, you’ll learn the basics and everything beyond, gaining an unparalleled understanding of the field. And our expert faculty will help you prepare for a variety of careers after graduation.
What sets us apart?
- Unlike many health sciences programs, our medical laboratory science major requires
only four years of study.
- Combine in-depth theory with faculty-directed research to prepare for a rewarding
- You’ll gain hands-on experience at a range of clinical sites.
- Thinking of pre-medical studies? Medical laboratory sciences is a great place to start.
- Hone your skills through internship experiences at hospital laboratories.
- You can obtain a five-year dual degree in medical laboratory science and either biology,
microbiology, or humanities and sciences.
- We also offer a master’s degree in laboratory sciences through a collaborative program
with Thomas Jefferson University’s Department of Bioscience Technologies, where you’ll
complete your fourth and fifth years.
- Or, lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
What Kind of Bacteria Are on the Bottom of Our Shoes?
July 10, 2018
Jason Heindl PhD, assistant professor of biology, helped to guide Jenn Frederick from Fox29's Good Day Philadelphia through the kind of bacteria cultivated from the morning show team members' shoes.
Mentorship in USciences' Lab Helps High School Student Advance Research
April 05, 2018
With the guidance of Dr. Heindl, Zhong was able to advance her hypothesis and explore how the bacteriophage viruses can communicate with each other.
Undergraduate Research Festival Celebrates Student Scholarship
March 23, 2018
The Undergraduate Research Festival sponsored by the Center for Undergraduate Research (CUR) celebrated the breadth of research projects being conducted by undergraduate students and their faculty mentors in a variety of labs and classrooms across campus. The three-day event formally began with ribbon cutting ceremonies by President Dr. Paul Katz.
Jaspal Brar BI’18 Presented with USciences Founders' Day Student Award of Merit
February 21, 2018
The award is presented to an outstanding student who "exemplifies the innovative and entrepreneurial spirit of USciences' founders."
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810