In This Section
Medical Laboratory Science Major
Our program in medical laboratory science is one of the few hospital based programs in the region directed by a certified medical laboratory scientist—putting the focus on the science behind the medicine. With our versatile curriculum, you’ll learn the basics and everything beyond, gaining an unparalleled understanding of the field. And our expert faculty will help you prepare for a variety of careers after graduation.
What sets us apart?
- Unlike many health sciences programs, ours requires only four years of study.
- Combine in-depth theory with faculty-directed research to prepare for a rewarding
- You’ll gain hands-on experience at a range of clinical sites.
- Thinking of pre-medical studies? Medical laboratory sciences is a great place to start.
- Hone your skills through internship experiences at hospital laboratories.
- You can obtain a five-year dual degree in medical laboratory science and either biology,
microbiology, or humanities and sciences.
- We also offer a master’s degree in laboratory sciences through a collaborative program
with Thomas Jefferson University’s Department of Bioscience Technologies, where you’ll
complete your fourth and fifth years.
- You can combine medical laboratory science with forensic science, completing both in four years.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
USciences Lowers Tuition for Fall 2018 Incoming Class
September 06, 2017
New pricing structure lowers tuition for undergraduate and professional students
Pink Boots Society, USciences Tackle Sexism in Brewing at 1st Annual Women in Brewing Symposium
August 15, 2017
Topics of discussion include key issues for women in the brewing industry.
Dr. Shivendra Sahi Named Chair and Professor of Biology at USciences
August 10, 2017
Over the years, Dr. Sahi has managed more than $4 million in research and training grants from many federal and state agencies.
USciences' NIH Visit Focuses on Expanding Interprofessional Research Opportunities
July 18, 2017
In an effort to build relationships and learn about how to better qualify for federal grant funding, a group of University of the Sciences faculty and staff traveled to the Bethesda, Md., headquarters of the National Institutes of Health.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810