In This Section
Medical Laboratory Science Major
Our program in medical laboratory science is one of the few hospital based programs in the region directed by a certified medical laboratory scientist—putting the focus on the science behind the medicine. With our versatile curriculum, you’ll learn the basics and everything beyond, gaining an unparalleled understanding of the field. And our expert faculty will help you prepare for a variety of careers after graduation.
What sets us apart?
- Unlike many health sciences programs, ours requires only four years of study.
- Combine in-depth theory with faculty-directed research to prepare for a rewarding
- You’ll gain hands-on experience at a range of clinical sites.
- Thinking of pre-medical studies? Medical laboratory sciences is a great place to start.
- Hone your skills through internship experiences at hospital laboratories.
- You can obtain a five-year dual degree in medical laboratory science and either biology,
microbiology, or humanities and sciences.
- We also offer a master’s degree in laboratory sciences through a collaborative program
with Thomas Jefferson University’s Department of Bioscience Technologies, where you’ll
complete your fourth and fifth years.
- You can combine medical laboratory science with forensic science, completing both in four years.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
Amanpreet Kaur PhD'17 Says Cancer Biology Program Uniquely Prepared Her in Quest for Researching a Cancer Cure
June 13, 2017
On a search to find a cure for cancer and other diseases, Amanpreet Kaur PhD'17 said a unique program between USciences and The Wistar Institute helped prepare her for that noble task.
Dr. Zachary Klase Receives $2.1 million Grant from NIDA for HIV Research
May 25, 2017
With a focus on HIV/AIDS research, Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences Zachary A. Klase, PhD, was selected to receive the prestigious Avenir Award, a $2.1 million, five-year grant, from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) in May 2017.
USciences Students Win Awards at Alpha Chi Honor Society Convention
May 11, 2017
Two USciences students who attended this year's Alpha Chi Honor Society Convention in Louisville, KY last month, came home with awards.
Brewing Science Program Teams Up with Yards, St. Benjamins for Two Different Collaboration Brews
April 10, 2017
The brewing science program teamed up with Yards and Clarkville to create Bitter Landlord and crafted Kite Club Ale with St. Benjamin Brewing Company.
USciences Students Gain Pathway to a Nursing Career Through Villanova Nursing
March 31, 2017
The BSNExpress program is a 14-month, second degree program that incorporates all the standard components of the nursing program in a concentrated timeframe.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810