In This Section
Medical Laboratory Science Major
Our program in medical laboratory science is one of the few hospital based programs in the region directed by a certified medical laboratory scientist—putting the focus on the science behind the medicine. With our versatile curriculum, you’ll learn the basics and everything beyond, gaining an unparalleled understanding of the field. And our expert faculty will help you prepare for a variety of careers after graduation.
What sets us apart?
- Unlike many health sciences programs, our medical laboratory science major requires
only four years of study.
- Combine in-depth theory with faculty-directed research to prepare for a rewarding
- You’ll gain hands-on experience at a range of clinical sites.
- Thinking of pre-medical studies? Medical laboratory sciences is a great place to start.
- Hone your skills through internship experiences at hospital laboratories.
- You can obtain a five-year dual degree in medical laboratory science and either biology,
microbiology, or humanities and sciences.
- We also offer a master’s degree in laboratory sciences through a collaborative program
with Thomas Jefferson University’s Department of Bioscience Technologies, where you’ll
complete your fourth and fifth years.
- Or, lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
Dr. Bela Peethambaran Presented with USciences Faculty Award of Merit at 2018 Founders' Day
February 20, 2018
The award honors an outstanding faculty member who "exemplifies the innovative and entrepreneurial spirit of USciences' founders."
USciences Celebrates its 197th Founding
February 15, 2018
The ceremony awarded an honorary degree as well as awards of merit to a faculty member, graduate and undergraduate students, and a staff member. In addition, the University recognized endowed positions.
Alumna Finds Her Career in Medical Laboratory Science at USciences
February 14, 2018
Her science passion and desire to work in healthcare led Alexandra Ryan MLS'17 to a career in medical laboratory science.
Workshop Aims to Inform Students about Understanding, Serving, and Working with LGBTQ Individuals
February 14, 2018
The workshop inspired students to provide more education and advocacy for the LGBTQ community.
USciences Alumnus and Peace Corps Volunteer Helps Families in Ethiopia
December 15, 2017
Inspired by his coursework, Michael Elton BI'14 put medical school on hold to pursue something bigger - working as a rural health development worker in Ethiopia as part of the U.S. Peace Corps.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810