In This Section
Medical Laboratory Science Major
Our program in medical laboratory science is one of the few hospital based programs in the region directed by a certified medical laboratory scientist—putting the focus on the science behind the medicine. With our versatile curriculum, you’ll learn the basics and everything beyond, gaining an unparalleled understanding of the field. And our expert faculty will help you prepare for a variety of careers after graduation.
What sets us apart?
- Unlike many health sciences programs, ours requires only four years of study.
- Combine in-depth theory with faculty-directed research to prepare for a rewarding
- You’ll gain hands-on experience at a range of clinical sites.
- Thinking of pre-medical studies? Medical laboratory sciences is a great place to start.
- Hone your skills through internship experiences at hospital laboratories.
- You can obtain a five-year dual degree in medical laboratory science and either biology,
microbiology, or humanities and sciences.
- We also offer a master’s degree in laboratory sciences through a collaborative program
with Thomas Jefferson University’s Department of Bioscience Technologies, where you’ll
complete your fourth and fifth years.
- You can combine medical laboratory science with forensic science, completing both in four years.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
USciences Alumnus and Peace Corps Volunteer Helps Families in Ethiopia
December 15, 2017
Inspired by his coursework, Michael Elton BI'14 put medical school on hold to pursue something bigger - working as a rural health development worker in Ethiopia as part of the U.S. Peace Corps.
USciences Undergraduate Scholarship Recipients Showcase Summer Research Projects
December 13, 2017
In celebration of their summer research projects, USciences faculty mentors and student researchers lunched with benefactor and board of trustees Chairman Marvin Samson HonAlm'96, HonDSc'16 on Dec. 4, 2017.
Matching Funds Double #GivingTuesdayUSciences Impact
November 15, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 28 is a day for giving back. Give Online and participate in #GivingTuesdayUSciences this holiday season. Each gift is being matched thanks to the generosity of a USciences alumna.
STEM Majors at Mercer County Community College Can Transfer to USciences With Full Junior Status Under New Agreement
October 23, 2017
Mercer County Community College (MCCC) students pursuing a career in math, engineering, or the sciences can now transfer to University of the Sciences.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810