In This Section
Environmental Science Major
The impact of people increasingly threatens the quality of our air, water, land, and food. Through interdisciplinary coursework and internships, you’ll learn innovative techniques to address some of the world’s most troubling environmental problems. Your paths include independent study or directed research, along with an environment-related summer internship or job before your senior year. This background prepares you to start working in the field or pursue further academic training.
What Sets Us Apart?
- You gain real-world knowledge through a curriculum with specialty courses taught by faculty currently leading work in these areas.
- All of our graduates started working in the field of their choice before graduation or soon after.
- The state-of-the-art McNeil Science and Technology Center gives you access to labs, equipment and resources at the forefront of science.
- Our proximity to varied habitats allows for extensive fieldwork and learning opportunities;
all students get hands-on experience with instrumentation in data collection.
- Our forensic science program offers a unique, multidisciplinary curriculum that is fully integrated into the environmental science major; this approach is preferred
- You can participate in a summer internship as early as your second year.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
Montgomery County Community College and USciences Sign Transfer Agreement
March 03, 2017
The transfer agreement is open to MCCC students receiving associate of science degrees for transfer into select USciences bachelor's programs.
USciences Signs Broad Articulation Agreement with Bucks County Community College
December 15, 2016
Under the terms of this agreement, students who graduate with pre-specified associate degrees from Bucks will be assured junior status at pre-identified BS programs at USciences.
Alpha Chi Chapter Inducts 2016 Members
November 17, 2016
Thirty-six of the newest members were inducted into the USciences Pennsylvania Kappa Chapter of the Alpha Chi National Honor Society, during a special ceremony held on Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016.
Health Tip: Flu Season is Beginning Already
October 04, 2016
A Second Chance Leads to Life Lessons
September 10, 2016
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495