In This Section
Environmental Science Major
The impact of people increasingly threatens the quality of our air, water, land, and food. Through interdisciplinary coursework and internships, you’ll learn innovative techniques to address some of the world’s most troubling environmental problems. Your paths include independent study or directed research, along with an environment-related summer internship or job before your senior year. This background prepares you to start working in the field or pursue further academic training.
What Sets Us Apart?
- You gain real-world knowledge through a curriculum with specialty courses taught by faculty currently leading work in these areas.
- All of our graduates started working in the field of their choice before graduation or soon after.
- The state-of-the-art McNeil Science and Technology Center gives you access to labs, equipment and resources at the forefront of science.
- Our proximity to varied habitats allows for extensive fieldwork and learning opportunities;
all environmental science students get hands-on experience with instrumentation in data collection.
- You can participate in a summer internship as early as your second year.
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
Jaspal Brar BI’18 Presented with USciences Founders' Day Student Award of Merit
February 21, 2018
The award is presented to an outstanding student who "exemplifies the innovative and entrepreneurial spirit of USciences' founders."
Dr. Bela Peethambaran Presented with USciences Faculty Award of Merit at 2018 Founders' Day
February 20, 2018
The award honors an outstanding faculty member who "exemplifies the innovative and entrepreneurial spirit of USciences' founders."
USciences Celebrates its 197th Founding
February 15, 2018
The ceremony awarded an honorary degree as well as awards of merit to a faculty member, graduate and undergraduate students, and a staff member. In addition, the University recognized endowed positions.
Alumna Finds Her Career in Medical Laboratory Science at USciences
February 14, 2018
Her science passion and desire to work in healthcare led Alexandra Ryan MLS'17 to a career in medical laboratory science.
Workshop Aims to Inform Students about Understanding, Serving, and Working with LGBTQ Individuals
February 14, 2018
The workshop inspired students to provide more education and advocacy for the LGBTQ community.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810