In This Section
Environmental Science Major
The impact of people increasingly threatens the quality of our air, water, land, and food. Through interdisciplinary coursework and internships, you’ll learn innovative techniques to address some of the world’s most troubling environmental problems. Your paths include independent study or directed research, along with an environment-related summer internship or job before your senior year. This background prepares you to start working in the field or pursue further academic training.
What Sets Us Apart?
- You gain real-world knowledge through a curriculum with specialty courses taught by faculty currently leading work in these areas.
- All of our graduates started working in the field of their choice before graduation or soon after.
- The state-of-the-art McNeil Science and Technology Center gives you access to labs, equipment and resources at the forefront of science.
- Our proximity to varied habitats allows for extensive fieldwork and learning opportunities;
all students get hands-on experience with instrumentation in data collection.
- Our forensic science program offers a unique, multidisciplinary curriculum that is fully integrated into the environmental science major; this approach is preferred
- You can participate in a summer internship as early as your second year.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
Amanpreet Kaur PhD'17 Says Cancer Biology Program Uniquely Prepared Her in Quest for Researching a Cancer Cure
June 13, 2017
On a search to find a cure for cancer and other diseases, Amanpreet Kaur PhD'17 said a unique program between USciences and The Wistar Institute helped prepare her for that noble task.
Dr. Zachary Klase Receives $2.1 million Grant from NIDA for HIV Research
May 25, 2017
With a focus on HIV/AIDS research, Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences Zachary A. Klase, PhD, was selected to receive the prestigious Avenir Award, a $2.1 million, five-year grant, from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) in May 2017.
USciences Students Win Awards at Alpha Chi Honor Society Convention
May 11, 2017
Two USciences students who attended this year's Alpha Chi Honor Society Convention in Louisville, KY last month, came home with awards.
Brewing Science Program Teams Up with Yards, St. Benjamins for Two Different Collaboration Brews
April 10, 2017
The brewing science program teamed up with Yards and Clarkville to create Bitter Landlord and crafted Kite Club Ale with St. Benjamin Brewing Company.
USciences Students Gain Pathway to a Nursing Career Through Villanova Nursing
March 31, 2017
The BSNExpress program is a 14-month, second degree program that incorporates all the standard components of the nursing program in a concentrated timeframe.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810