In This Section
Cancer Biology, PhD
Our multidisciplinary curriculum combines the basic mechanisms of cancer biology with the translational aspects of drug discovery. At USciences, you’ll receive hands-on training in our state-of-the-art laboratories from faculty at the cutting edge of research. Upon completion of the program, you’ll be prepared to advance the fight against cancer in an academic, governmental, or industrial career.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Our unique program features an integrated training experience with renowned researchers from both USciences and The Wistar Institute, an international leader in biomedical research with special expertise in cancer
and vaccine research.
- Tuition for accepted students in the Cancer Biology, PhD is fully funded by USciences and The Wistar Institute.
- With our experienced faculty and comprehensive curriculum, you'll acquire training
in emerging approaches to cancer prevention and therapy.
- Small class sizes and mentorship allow you to learn from and build valuable relationships with expert
- In the classroom, you will study the latest developments in the understanding of cancer,
therapeutic strategies, and therapeutic compounds.
- In the lab, you will work side-by-side with world-renowned faculty members, exploring
molecular signaling pathways, tumor targeting, and other aspects of drug discovery,
in the heart of the region's biotechnology and health sciences industries.
- Hands-on work in Wistar’s Molecular Screening & Protein Expression Facility provides
an introduction to high-throughput approaches in therapeutic discovery and development
of robust, well-validated bioassays.
- To date, program graduate have all published first-author papers in Nature, PNAS, Cancer Research, and other high-impact journals.
USciences' Brewing Science Program Awarded Grant To Develop Quality Testing Lab
December 16, 2019
Governor Tom Wolf announced that the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB) has approved $1.2 million in grants for 18 projects to increase the production of Pennsylvania-made malt and brewed beverages and enhance the Pennsylvania beer industry through promotion, marketing, and research-based programs and projects.
University of the Sciences, Lallemand Brewing, and L2C Partners Announce GY7B Sour Beer Technology License Agreement
December 09, 2019
The GY7B technology allows Lallemand Brewing to further expand its portfolio of innovative and creative solutions for the brewing industry.
Graduate Student in Wistar/USciences Cancer Biology Program Balances Research, Education, and Family
September 19, 2019
She has a lot on her plate: She is conducting exciting research for her Ph.D. thesis, has just submitted a paper for publication and is preparing to graduate next year, all the while raising two small children.
Dig It: Student's Passion Leads to Month-Long Excavation Trip in Belize
August 06, 2019
Victoria Pobok Bio'20, HumSci'20 has always loved learning about ancient cultures and this summer she was able to indulge that curiosity during a month-long archeological dig in Northern Belize studying the ancient Maya.
USciences Student Explores Medical Field Through Competitive CHOP Internship
July 24, 2019
Cindy Hong Neuro'21 wrote a guest blog detailing her experiences at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute Summer Scholars Program (CRISSP), a competitive 10-week summer internship.
Kenneth Myers, PhD
Associate Professor of Biological Sciences and Neuroscience
McNeil Science and Technology Center, Room 348
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Brian Keith, PhD
Professor and Dean of Biomedical Studies
The Wistar Institute
3601 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104