In This Section
Cancer Biology, PhD
Our multidisciplinary curriculum combines the basic mechanisms of cancer biology with the translational aspects of drug discovery. At USciences, you’ll receive hands-on training in our state-of-the-art laboratories from faculty at the cutting edge of research. Upon completion of the program, you’ll be prepared to advance the fight against cancer in an academic, governmental, or industrial career.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Our program features an integrated training experience with renowned researchers from both USciences and the Wistar Institute, an international leader in cancer research.
- Acquire training in emerging approaches to cancer prevention and therapy.
- With our dynamic programs, experienced faculty, and comprehensive curriculum, USciences
has a reputation for excellence—and outstanding placement rates for our graduates.
- Small class sizes and mentorship allow you to learn from and build valuable relationships with expert
- In the classroom, you will study the latest developments in the understanding of cancer,
therapeutic strategies, and therapeutic compounds.
- In the lab, you will work side-by-side with faculty members, exploring molecular signaling
pathways, tumor targeting, and other aspects of drug discovery.
- You will have access to internships, externships, clinical programs, and research opportunities in the heart of the region’s biotechnology and health science industries.
- Loading Events...
Jaspal Brar BI’18 Presented with USciences Founders' Day Student Award of Merit
February 21, 2018
The award is presented to an outstanding student who "exemplifies the innovative and entrepreneurial spirit of USciences' founders."
Dr. Bela Peethambaran Presented with USciences Faculty Award of Merit at 2018 Founders' Day
February 20, 2018
The award honors an outstanding faculty member who "exemplifies the innovative and entrepreneurial spirit of USciences' founders."
USciences Celebrates its 197th Founding
February 15, 2018
The ceremony awarded an honorary degree as well as awards of merit to a faculty member, graduate and undergraduate students, and a staff member. In addition, the University recognized endowed positions.
Alumna Finds Her Career in Medical Laboratory Science at USciences
February 14, 2018
Her science passion and desire to work in healthcare led Alexandra Ryan MLS'17 to a career in medical laboratory science.
Workshop Aims to Inform Students about Understanding, Serving, and Working with LGBTQ Individuals
February 14, 2018
The workshop inspired students to provide more education and advocacy for the LGBTQ community.
Ashani Weeraratna, PhD
Ira Brind Associate Professor
Associate Professor and Program Leader, Tumor Microenvironment and Metastasis Program
Member, The Wistar Institute Melanoma Research Center
3601 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104