In This Section
Cancer Biology, PhD
Our multidisciplinary curriculum combines the basic mechanisms of cancer biology with the translational aspects of drug discovery. At USciences, you’ll receive hands-on training in our state-of-the-art laboratories from faculty at the cutting edge of research. Upon completion of the program, you’ll be prepared to advance the fight against cancer in an academic, governmental, or industrial career.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Our program features an integrated training experience with renowned researchers from both USciences and the Wistar Institute, an international leader in cancer research.
- Acquire training in emerging approaches to cancer prevention and therapy.
- With our dynamic programs, experienced faculty, and comprehensive curriculum, USciences
has a reputation for excellence—and outstanding placement rates for our graduates.
- Small class sizes and mentorship allow you to learn from and build valuable relationships with expert
- In the classroom, you will study the latest developments in the understanding of cancer,
therapeutic strategies, and therapeutic compounds.
- In the lab, you will work side-by-side with faculty members, exploring molecular signaling
pathways, tumor targeting, and other aspects of drug discovery.
- You will have access to internships, externships, clinical programs, and research opportunities in the heart of the region’s biotechnology and health science industries.
- Loading Events...
New Yeast Discovered at USciences Cuts Time for Sour Beer Production
January 03, 2018
A new yeast species discovered by University of the Sciences researcher Matthew J. Farber, PhD, promises to brew sour beer in half the time of the usual fermentation process.
USciences Alumnus and Peace Corps Volunteer Helps Families in Ethiopia
December 15, 2017
Inspired by his coursework, Michael Elton BI'14 put medical school on hold to pursue something bigger - working as a rural health development worker in Ethiopia as part of the U.S. Peace Corps.
USciences Undergraduate Scholarship Recipients Showcase Summer Research Projects
December 13, 2017
In celebration of their summer research projects, USciences faculty mentors and student researchers lunched with benefactor and board of trustees Chairman Marvin Samson HonAlm'96, HonDSc'16 on Dec. 4, 2017.
Matching Funds Double #GivingTuesdayUSciences Impact
November 15, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 28 is a day for giving back. Give Online and participate in #GivingTuesdayUSciences this holiday season. Each gift is being matched thanks to the generosity of a USciences alumna.
STEM Majors at Mercer County Community College Can Transfer to USciences With Full Junior Status Under New Agreement
October 23, 2017
Mercer County Community College (MCCC) students pursuing a career in math, engineering, or the sciences can now transfer to University of the Sciences.
Ashani Weeraratna, PhD
Ira Brind Associate Professor
Associate Professor and Program Leader, Tumor Microenvironment and Metastasis Program
Member, The Wistar Institute Melanoma Research Center
3601 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104