In This Section
Cancer Biology, PhD
Our multidisciplinary curriculum combines the basic mechanisms of cancer biology with the translational aspects of drug discovery. At USciences, you’ll receive hands-on training in our state-of-the-art laboratories from faculty at the cutting edge of research. Upon completion of the program, you’ll be prepared to advance the fight against cancer in an academic, governmental, or industrial career.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Our program features an integrated training experience with renowned researchers from both USciences and the Wistar Institute, an international leader in cancer research.
- Acquire training in emerging approaches to cancer prevention and therapy.
- With our dynamic programs, experienced faculty, and comprehensive curriculum, USciences
has a reputation for excellence—and outstanding placement rates for our graduates.
- Small class sizes and mentorship allow you to learn from and build valuable relationships with expert
- In the classroom, you will study the latest developments in the understanding of cancer,
therapeutic strategies, and therapeutic compounds.
- In the lab, you will work side-by-side with faculty members, exploring molecular signaling
pathways, tumor targeting, and other aspects of drug discovery.
- You will have access to internships, externships, clinical programs, and research opportunities in the heart of the region’s biotechnology and health science industries.
- Loading Events...
Pink Boots Society, USciences Tackle Sexism in Brewing at 1st Annual Women in Brewing Symposium
August 15, 2017
Topics of discussion include key issues for women in the brewing industry.
Dr. Shivendra Sahi Named Chair and Professor of Biology at USciences
August 10, 2017
Over the years, Dr. Sahi has managed more than $4 million in research and training grants from many federal and state agencies.
USciences' NIH Visit Focuses on Expanding Interprofessional Research Opportunities
July 18, 2017
In an effort to build relationships and learn about how to better qualify for federal grant funding, a group of University of the Sciences faculty and staff traveled to the Bethesda, Md., headquarters of the National Institutes of Health.
Alumna Taps into CPR Skills to Save a Stranger's Life
July 17, 2017
Lindsay Hummel BI'13, DPM, was celebrating her medical school graduation when she was called into action to perform CPR on a stranger.
Amanpreet Kaur PhD'17 Says Cancer Biology Program Uniquely Prepared Her in Quest for Researching a Cancer Cure
June 13, 2017
On a search to find a cure for cancer and other diseases, Amanpreet Kaur PhD'17 said a unique program between USciences and The Wistar Institute helped prepare her for that noble task.
Ashani Weeraratna, PhD
Ira Brind Associate Professor
Associate Professor and Program Leader, Tumor Microenvironment and Metastasis Program
Member, The Wistar Institute Melanoma Research Center
3601 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104