In This Section
Cancer Biology, PhD - Application Process
- Submit official college transcripts from all colleges attended. If you attended USciences we will obtain this transcript for you.
- Submit a 1000-word personal statement explaining your short- and long-term study and career goals. Also, please identify at least two of the program’s faculty whose research interests align most closely with yours. Personal statement may be submitted as part of the application via the application portal.
- Submit resume or CV.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- BS or BA in biology, biochemistry, or related field.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 / 4.0 in most recent science-related degree.
- Equivalent of at least 6 credits at the 300-400 level with laboratory experience in at least two or more of the following areas: microbiology, biochemistry, genetics, cell biology.
- TOEFL iBT score of 100 or IELTS score of at least 7 (International applicants).
|Fall Entry||Spring Entry|
|Priority Review for ALL applicants||March 1||N/A|
|Domestic Students||June 1||N/A|
Review more information and requirements for international applicants.
Kenneth Myers, PhD
Associate Professor of Biological Sciences and Neuroscience
McNeil Science and Technology Center, Room 348
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Brian Keith, PhD
Professor and Dean of Biomedical Studies
The Wistar Institute
3601 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104