In This Section
Cancer Biology, PhD - Application Process
- Submit official college transcripts from all colleges attended. If you attended USciences we will obtain this transcript for you.
- Submit an 1000-word personal statement explaining your short- and long-term study and career goals. Also, please identify at least two of the program’s faculty whose research interests align most closely with yours. Personal statement may be submitted as part of the application via the application portal, as an email enclosure, or sent separately via postal mail.
- Submit resume or CV
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- BS or BA in biology, biochemistry, or related field
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 / 4.0 in most recent science-related degree
- Equivalence of at least 6 credits at the 300-400 level with laboratory experience in at least two or more of the following areas: microbiology, biochemistry, genetics, cell biology
- GRE scores demonstrating an average of 60th percentile or better on GRE revised General Test
- TOEFL iBT score of 100 or IELTS score of at least 7 (International applicants)
|Fall Entry||Spring Entry|
|Priority Review for ALL applicants||March 1||N/A|
|Domestic Students||June 1||N/A|
|International Students||March 1||N/A|
Ashani Weeraratna, PhD
Ira Brind Associate Professor
Associate Professor and Program Leader, Tumor Microenvironment and Metastasis Program
Member, The Wistar Institute Melanoma Research Center
3601 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104