In This Section
Brewing Science Certificate
We offer the region’s first Brewing Science Certificate—and with it a direct path to employment and career advancement. Our post-baccalaureate, 18-credit program dives deep into the biology, chemistry, physics, and math of creating the perfect pint of beer—preparing you to excel in a rapidly growing field where specialized skills are in high demand.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We employ a team teaching model that combines USciences faculty and facilities with experts from the brewing industry.
- You’ll gain hands-on experience in a cutting-edge, on-site pilot brew lab.
- Perform Quality Control and Microbiology methods in our lab courses.
- Make valuable industry connections with local brewing experts.
- Keeping your schedule in mind, we offer flexibility with evening classes and your
choice of a 1+ or 2+ year(s) path to coursework completion.
- Following course completion, you’ll participate in an internship with one of our exceptional local brewery partners.
- Loading Events...
USciences' NIH Visit Focuses on Expanding Interprofessional Research Opportunities
July 18, 2017
In an effort to build relationships and learn about how to better qualify for federal grant funding, a group of University of the Sciences faculty and staff traveled to the Bethesda, Md., headquarters of the National Institutes of Health.
Alumna Taps into CPR Skills to Save a Stranger's Life
July 17, 2017
Lindsay Hummel BI'13, DPM, was celebrating her medical school graduation when she was called into action to perform CPR on a stranger.
Amanpreet Kaur PhD'17 Says Cancer Biology Program Uniquely Prepared Her in Quest for Researching a Cancer Cure
June 13, 2017
On a search to find a cure for cancer and other diseases, Amanpreet Kaur PhD'17 said a unique program between USciences and The Wistar Institute helped prepare her for that noble task.
Dr. Zachary Klase Receives $2.1 million Grant from NIDA for HIV Research
May 25, 2017
With a focus on HIV/AIDS research, Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences Zachary A. Klase, PhD, was selected to receive the prestigious Avenir Award, a $2.1 million, five-year grant, from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) in May 2017.
USciences Students Win Awards at Alpha Chi Honor Society Convention
May 11, 2017
Two USciences students who attended this year's Alpha Chi Honor Society Convention in Louisville, KY last month, came home with awards.
Matthew J. Farber, PhD
McNeil Science and Technology Center, Room 374
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495