In This Section
Brewing Science Certificate
We offer the region’s first Brewing Science Certificate—and with it a direct path to employment and career advancement. Our post-baccalaureate, 18-credit program dives deep into the biology, chemistry, physics, and math of creating the perfect pint of beer—preparing you to excel in a rapidly growing field where specialized skills are in high demand.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We employ a team teaching model that combines USciences faculty and facilities with experts from the brewing industry.
- You’ll gain hands-on experience in a cutting-edge, on-site pilot brew lab.
- Perform Quality Control and Microbiology methods in our lab courses.
- Make valuable industry connections with local brewing experts.
- Keeping your schedule in mind, we offer flexibility with evening classes and your
choice of a 1+ or 2+ year(s) path to coursework completion.
- Following course completion, you’ll participate in an internship with one of our exceptional local brewery partners.
- Loading Events...
USciences Lowers Tuition for Fall 2018 Incoming Class
September 06, 2017
New pricing structure lowers tuition for undergraduate and professional students
Pink Boots Society, USciences Tackle Sexism in Brewing at 1st Annual Women in Brewing Symposium
August 15, 2017
Topics of discussion include key issues for women in the brewing industry.
Dr. Shivendra Sahi Named Chair and Professor of Biology at USciences
August 10, 2017
Over the years, Dr. Sahi has managed more than $4 million in research and training grants from many federal and state agencies.
USciences' NIH Visit Focuses on Expanding Interprofessional Research Opportunities
July 18, 2017
In an effort to build relationships and learn about how to better qualify for federal grant funding, a group of University of the Sciences faculty and staff traveled to the Bethesda, Md., headquarters of the National Institutes of Health.
Matthew J. Farber, PhD
McNeil Science and Technology Center, Room 374
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495