In This Section
Brewing Science Certificate - Application Process
- Submit official college transcripts from all colleges attended. If you attended USciences, we will obtain this transcript for you. Transcripts should show GPA and competency in suggested coursework.
- Submit a Statement of Purpose describing your interest, experience, and commitment to graduate study in brewing science – not to exceed 1,000 words.
- Submit a Reference List with three contacts including email and telephone numbers. Contact information only. Actual letters are not required.
This additional information can either be uploaded on the Application website after submission or emailed to email@example.com. We will accept and review applications on a rolling basis until all seats have been filled. You are encouraged to submit your application early for priority review. Accepted students will be contacted as soon as a decision is made. Typically a decision will be received within a few weeks of application completion.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.Biology, chemistry, physics, or engineering degrees are beneficial but not required. Alternative degrees are welcome to apply. Those without a degree but with significant brewing experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the program director.
- College-level competency (“B-” or better) in at least two of the following: algebra, general biology, general chemistry, general physics, or engineering. Practical brewing experience may replace course requirements on a case-by-case basis.
- Practical brewing experience will be advantageous but is not required for admission
|Fall Entry||Spring Entry|
|Domestic Students||August 1||N/A|
Matthew J. Farber, PhD
McNeil Science and Technology Center, Room 371
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495