In This Section
Brewing Science Certificate - Application Process
To apply, submit an online application.
You will also need to submit the following information:
- Official college transcripts from all colleges attended. If you attended USciences, USP, or PCPS, we will obtain this transcript for you. Transcripts should show GPA and competency in suggested coursework.
- A Statement of Purpose describing your interest, experience, and commitment to graduate study in brewing science – not to exceed 1,000 words.
- A Reference List with three contacts including email and telephone numbers. Contact information only. Actual letters are not required.
This additional information can either be uploaded on the Application website after submission or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The enrollment deadline for the current year is August 1st. We will accept and review applications on a rolling basis until all seats have been filled. You are encouraged to submit your application early for priority review. Accepted students will be contacted as soon as a decision is made. Typically a decision will be received within a few weeks of application completion.
- Bachelor’s degree, highly recommended in biology, chemistry, physics, or engineering; Alternate degrees and significant brewing or analytical experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- College-level competency (“B-” or better) in at least two of the following: pre-calculus, general biology, general chemistry, or general physics
- Practical brewing experience will be advantageous but is not required for admission
|Fall Entry||Spring Entry|
|Domestic Students||August 1||N/A|
Matthew J. Farber, PhD
McNeil Science and Technology Center, Room 374
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495