In This Section
Biomedical Sciences Major
At USciences, you’ll design a personalized degree in the health concentration of your choice. A rigorous and flexible curriculum covers every area of biomedical sciences and includes a variety of electives. Working closely with your advisor, you can choose among several degree tracks, including neuroscience, clinical science, and biotechnology.
- Our biomedical major is one of two programs of its kind in the region, and it’s the
only program in the Philadelphia area focused primarily on the health sciences.
- Choose your specialty with our flexible curriculum.
- USciences is affiliated with a range of world-class institutions, and our faculty
maintain connections across the public and private sectors.
- Explore an array of internship, graduate study, professional, and field experience
- Unmatched academic and research training keeps you competitive in an international
environment with opportunities to conduct primary investigative research early in your undergraduate career.
- Enjoy access to labs, equipment, and resources at the forefront of science in our
McNeil Science and Technology Center.
- Strong cross-disciplinary interaction enables collaboration with peers and faculty in physics, pharmacology/toxicology,
and chemistry programs.
- Low student-to-faculty ratios provide for unparalleled access to our accomplished
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
International Student Excels at USciences Nearly 9,000 Miles from Home
April 29, 2019
Transitioning to college can bring a lot of changes, even if you're going to school in your home state, but Nadia Fernando BMS'19 traveled nearly 9,000 miles from her home in Phnom Penh, Cambodia to enroll at USciences, where she found a welcoming and supportive community that felt like home.
Animals in the Amazon: Volunteer Trip Focuses on Protecting the Rainforest
March 22, 2019
A desire to help others, apply what they've learned at USciences, and an Instagram featuring Daniel the river otter led two students and best friends on the trip of a lifetime helping animals in the Amazon during spring break.
USciences Celebrates Its 198-Year History at Founders' Day
February 18, 2019
With pomp and circumstance, USciences faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends marked 198 years since the University was established at a special Founders' Day ceremony on Feb. 14, 2019.
USciences Student Studies Perceived Gender Gap in Science
January 08, 2019
To examine the gender gap in science, Alexis Schirling BMS'19 sought to take a deeper look at the question and why we have a perception that women prefer softer fields, even in STEM.
Sahas Chandragiri BMS'20 Found Proven Pathway to Medical School at USciences
October 26, 2018
Sahas Chandragiri BMS'20 comes from a family of doctors. His father and grandfather are both physicians. His brother is already pursuing medical school. However, more than this family tradition, Chandragiri says that the advising and preparation he has received at University of the Sciences has prepared him for success applying to medical school in the coming years.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810