In This Section
Biomedical Sciences Major
At USciences, you’ll design a personalized degree in the health concentration of your choice. A rigorous and flexible curriculum covers every area of biomedical sciences and includes a variety of electives. Working closely with your advisor, you can choose among several degree tracks, including neuroscience, clinical science, and biotechnology.
- Our biomedical major is one of two programs of its kind in the region, and it’s the
only program in the Philadelphia area focused primarily on the health sciences.
- Choose your specialty with our flexible curriculum.
- USciences is affiliated with a range of world-class institutions, and our faculty
maintain connections across the public and private sectors.
- Explore an array of internship, graduate study, professional, and field experience
- Unmatched academic and research training keeps you competitive in an international
environment with opportunities to conduct primary investigative research early in your undergraduate career.
- Enjoy access to labs, equipment, and resources at the forefront of science in our
McNeil Science and Technology Center.
- Strong cross-disciplinary interaction enables collaboration with peers and faculty in physics, pharmacology/toxicology,
and chemistry programs.
- Low student-to-faculty ratios provide for unparalleled access to our accomplished
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
What Kind of Bacteria Are on the Bottom of Our Shoes?
July 10, 2018
Jason Heindl PhD, assistant professor of biology, helped to guide Jenn Frederick from Fox29's Good Day Philadelphia through the kind of bacteria cultivated from the morning show team members' shoes.
USciences Medical Brigade Travels to Honduras for First Mission Trip
July 02, 2018
Nearly 40 USciences students traveled to Honduras this spring as part of the first ever USciences Medical Brigade to see and treat patients in clinics and help with public health and infrastructure projects.
Mentorship in USciences' Lab Helps High School Student Advance Research
April 05, 2018
With the guidance of Dr. Heindl, Zhong was able to advance her hypothesis and explore how the bacteriophage viruses can communicate with each other.
Undergraduate Research Festival Celebrates Student Scholarship
March 23, 2018
The Undergraduate Research Festival sponsored by the Center for Undergraduate Research (CUR) celebrated the breadth of research projects being conducted by undergraduate students and their faculty mentors in a variety of labs and classrooms across campus. The three-day event formally began with ribbon cutting ceremonies by President Dr. Paul Katz.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810