In This Section
Biomedical Sciences Major
At USciences, you’ll design a personalized degree in the health concentration of your choice. A rigorous and flexible curriculum covers every area of biomedical sciences and includes a variety of electives. Working closely with your advisor, you can choose among several degree tracks, including neuroscience, clinical science, and biotechnology.
- Our biomedical major is one of two programs of its kind in the region, and it’s the
only program in the Philadelphia area focused primarily on the health sciences.
- Choose your specialty with our flexible curriculum.
- USciences is affiliated with a range of world-class institutions, and our faculty
maintain connections across the public and private sectors.
- Explore an array of internship, graduate study, professional, and field experience
- Unmatched academic and research training keeps you competitive in an international
environment with opportunities to conduct primary investigative research early in your undergraduate career.
- Enjoy access to labs, equipment, and resources at the forefront of science in our
McNeil Science and Technology Center.
- Strong cross-disciplinary interaction enables collaboration with peers and faculty in physics, pharmacology/toxicology,
and chemistry programs.
- Low student-to-faculty ratios provide for unparalleled access to our accomplished
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
USciences' Brewing Science Program Awarded Grant To Develop Quality Testing Lab
December 16, 2019
Governor Tom Wolf announced that the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB) has approved $1.2 million in grants for 18 projects to increase the production of Pennsylvania-made malt and brewed beverages and enhance the Pennsylvania beer industry through promotion, marketing, and research-based programs and projects.
Pre-Health Students Put in the Hot Seat During Mock Interviews
December 13, 2019
For students who want to want to attend medical school or a professional program after obtaining a bachelor's degree, there's one big component to getting accepted aside from good grades and on-campus involvement: the interview. To help make it less elusive and ensure readiness, Grace Farber, PhD, pre-health director and Judy Chen, MEd, coordinator of pre-health advising recruited the help of faculty and staff for the program's first mock interview day.
University of the Sciences, Lallemand Brewing, and L2C Partners Announce GY7B Sour Beer Technology License Agreement
December 09, 2019
The GY7B technology allows Lallemand Brewing to further expand its portfolio of innovative and creative solutions for the brewing industry.
Students Awarded for Research at SEA-PHAGES Poster Competition
December 03, 2019
First-year students in USciences' SEA-PHAGES program, a research course for students interested in biology, participated in a poster competition with other local students at the 3rd Annual Philly Phage Phestival on November 16, 2019.
Students Apply Healthcare Skills as Counselors at MDA Summer Camp
September 25, 2019
For one week each summer, children with muscular dystrophy are encouraged to have fun away from their parents and caretakers and experience new opportunities at the Muscular Dystrophy Association Summer Camp. People like Jenna Kwiecinski BMS'20, HumSci'20, make it possible by volunteering their time to make sure the camp runs smoothly and safely.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810