In This Section
Biomedical Sciences Major
At USciences, you’ll design a personalized degree in the health concentration of your choice. A rigorous and flexible curriculum covers every area of biomedical sciences and includes a variety of electives. Working closely with your advisor, you can choose among several degree tracks, including neuroscience, clinical science, and biotechnology.
What Sets Us Apart
- Our biomedical major is one of two programs of its kind in the region, and it’s the
only program in the Philadelphia area focused primarily on the health sciences.
- Choose your specialty with our flexible curriculum.
- USciences is affiliated with a range of world-class institutions, and our faculty
maintain connections across the public and private sectors.
- Explore an array of internship, graduate study, professional, and field experience
- Unmatched academic and research training keeps you competitive in an international
environment with opportunities to conduct primary investigative research early in your undergraduate career.
- Enjoy access to labs, equipment, and resources at the forefront of science in our
McNeil Science and Technology Center.
- Strong cross-disciplinary interaction enables collaboration with peers and faculty in physics, pharmacology/toxicology,
and chemistry programs.
- Low student-to-faculty ratios provide for unparalleled access to our accomplished
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
- USciences CLASS Lab Teaches Kids about the Brain
August 12, 2021
USciences Cognition, Learning, and School Success (CLASS) lab hosted two "Neuroscience for Kids" workshops for students attending St. Francis de Sales summer camp.
- Student On Frontlines of COVID-19 Shows Importance of Lab Science
November 12, 2020
As the Deputy Coroner, Joseph Vizzarri BMS'21 acts as the eyes and ears of the forensic pathologists when there is a death investigation.
- What it's Really Like to Transfer to USciences
October 23, 2020
Learn about USciences' programs, how to transfer credits, financial aid, and more from a transfer student.
- Medical Humanities Program Opens Doors for Jenna Kwiecinski MedHum'20, BMS'20
July 07, 2020
A pre-med student studying Biomedical Sciences, Jenna Kwiecinski MedHum'20, BMS'20 picked up a second major, Medical Humanities, to indulge her interests and expand her perspective.
- Dig It: Student's Passion Leads to Month-Long Excavation Trip in Belize
June 30, 2020
Victoria Pobok Bio'20, HumSci'20 has always loved learning about ancient cultures and this summer she was able to indulge that curiosity during a month-long archeological dig in Northern Belize studying the ancient Maya.
Griffith Hall, Room 130
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810