In This Section
Biomedical Sciences Major
At USciences, you’ll design a personalized degree in the health concentration of your choice. A rigorous and flexible curriculum covers every area of biomedical sciences and includes a variety of electives. Working closely with your advisor, you can choose among several degree tracks, including neuroscience, clinical science, and biotechnology.
- Our program is one of two programs of its kind in the region, and it’s the only program in the Philadelphia area focused primarily on the health sciences.
- Choose your specialty with our flexible curriculum.
- USciences is affiliated with a range of world-class institutions, and our faculty
maintain connections across the public and private sectors.
- Explore an array of internship, graduate study, professional, and field experience
- Unmatched academic and research training keeps you competitive in an international
environment with opportunities to conduct primary investigative research early in your undergraduate career.
- Enjoy access to labs, equipment, and resources at the forefront of science in our
McNeil Science and Technology Center.
- Strong cross-disciplinary interaction enables collaboration with peers and faculty in forensic science, physics, computer
sciences, pharmacology/toxicology, and chemistry programs.
- Low student-to-faculty ratios provide for unparalleled access to our accomplished faculty.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
USciences' NIH Visit Focuses on Expanding Interprofessional Research Opportunities
July 18, 2017
In an effort to build relationships and learn about how to better qualify for federal grant funding, a group of University of the Sciences faculty and staff traveled to the Bethesda, Md., headquarters of the National Institutes of Health.
Alumna Taps into CPR Skills to Save a Stranger's Life
July 17, 2017
Lindsay Hummel BI'13, DPM, was celebrating her medical school graduation when she was called into action to perform CPR on a stranger.
Amanpreet Kaur PhD'17 Says Cancer Biology Program Uniquely Prepared Her in Quest for Researching a Cancer Cure
June 13, 2017
On a search to find a cure for cancer and other diseases, Amanpreet Kaur PhD'17 said a unique program between USciences and The Wistar Institute helped prepare her for that noble task.
Dr. Zachary Klase Receives $2.1 million Grant from NIDA for HIV Research
May 25, 2017
With a focus on HIV/AIDS research, Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences Zachary A. Klase, PhD, was selected to receive the prestigious Avenir Award, a $2.1 million, five-year grant, from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) in May 2017.
USciences Students Win Awards at Alpha Chi Honor Society Convention
May 11, 2017
Two USciences students who attended this year's Alpha Chi Honor Society Convention in Louisville, KY last month, came home with awards.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810