In This Section
Biomedical Sciences Major
At USciences, you’ll design a personalized degree in the health concentration of your choice. A rigorous and flexible curriculum covers every area of biomedical sciences and includes a variety of electives. Working closely with your advisor, you can choose among several degree tracks, including neuroscience, clinical science, and biotechnology.
- Our biomedical major is one of two programs of its kind in the region, and it’s the
only program in the Philadelphia area focused primarily on the health sciences.
- Choose your specialty with our flexible curriculum.
- USciences is affiliated with a range of world-class institutions, and our faculty
maintain connections across the public and private sectors.
- Explore an array of internship, graduate study, professional, and field experience
- Unmatched academic and research training keeps you competitive in an international
environment with opportunities to conduct primary investigative research early in your undergraduate career.
- Enjoy access to labs, equipment, and resources at the forefront of science in our
McNeil Science and Technology Center.
- Strong cross-disciplinary interaction enables collaboration with peers and faculty in physics, pharmacology/toxicology,
and chemistry programs.
- Low student-to-faculty ratios provide for unparalleled access to our accomplished
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
Students Apply Healthcare Skills as Counselors at MDA Summer Camp
September 25, 2019
For one week each summer, children with muscular dystrophy are encouraged to have fun away from their parents and caretakers and experience new opportunities at the Muscular Dystrophy Association Summer Camp. People like Jenna Kwiecinski BMS'20, HumSci'20, make it possible by volunteering their time to make sure the camp runs smoothly and safely.
Dig It: Student's Passion Leads to Month-Long Excavation Trip in Belize
August 06, 2019
Victoria Pobok Bio'20, HumSci'20 has always loved learning about ancient cultures and this summer she was able to indulge that curiosity during a month-long archeological dig in Northern Belize studying the ancient Maya.
USciences Student Explores Medical Field Through Competitive CHOP Internship
July 24, 2019
Cindy Hong Neuro'21 wrote a guest blog detailing her experiences at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute Summer Scholars Program (CRISSP), a competitive 10-week summer internship.
Fruit Fly Research Possible Key to Understanding Alzheimer's and Degenerative Diseases
July 16, 2019
Thanks to a new grant from the National Institute of Health, Maggie Pearce PhD, assistant professor of biology and neuroscience, is leading a new study to explore degenerative diseases using fruit flies.
USciences Grad Offered Four Medical School Interviews; Gets Accepted to All Four
July 15, 2019
Since childhood, Shagun Dhanju BMS'18 knew she wanted to go to medical school. Now, her dream is a reality as Dhanju begins her first semester at Cooper Medical School of Rowan University (CMSRU) in the fall.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810