In This Section
USciences is the ideal place to study biology. We are an academic community uniquely dedicated to scientific discovery and career preparation in the life sciences. Conduct hands-on, graduate-level biology research as early as your first year. Our labs in the McNeil Science and Technology Center (STC) are fully equipped for advanced scientific instruction and in-depth research. Our biology faculty are highly accomplished researchers, dedicated educators, and critical links in your career and professional network.
What sets us apart?
- Strong academic and research strengths that allows you to succeed in the competitive
- The McNeil Science and Technology Center offers you access to labs, equipment, and
resources that are at the forefront of science.
- Strong cross-disciplinary interaction offers the chance to work closely with students
and faculty in the forensic science, physics, statistics, pharmacology/toxicology
and chemistry programs.
- Low faculty-to-student ratios provide for unparalleled access to our faculty, who are outstanding educators and researchers eager to provide opportunities for
- Many faculty members have colleagues or acquaintances within the academic, governmental,
and private industry arenas, providing a rich array of contacts for you and opportunities
for internships and field experiences.
- The Department of Biological Sciences offers many opportunities to do primary investigative
research early in your undergraduate program. We regularly accommodate very academically
strong students with the opportunity to do investigative laboratory research.
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
Dr. Bela Peethambaran Presented with USciences Faculty Award of Merit at 2018 Founders' Day
February 20, 2018
The award honors an outstanding faculty member who "exemplifies the innovative and entrepreneurial spirit of USciences' founders."
USciences Celebrates its 197th Founding
February 15, 2018
The ceremony awarded an honorary degree as well as awards of merit to a faculty member, graduate and undergraduate students, and a staff member. In addition, the University recognized endowed positions.
Alumna Finds Her Career in Medical Laboratory Science at USciences
February 14, 2018
Her science passion and desire to work in healthcare led Alexandra Ryan MLS'17 to a career in medical laboratory science.
Workshop Aims to Inform Students about Understanding, Serving, and Working with LGBTQ Individuals
February 14, 2018
The workshop inspired students to provide more education and advocacy for the LGBTQ community.
With Federal Grant, Student Research, Biology Lab Investigates HIV
December 18, 2017
A $2.1 million grant from the National Institutes of Health has expanded the scope of research into HIV led by Zachary Klase, PhD, in his biology lab.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810