In This Section
USciences is the ideal place to study biology. We are an academic community uniquely dedicated to scientific discovery and career preparation in the life sciences. Conduct hands-on, graduate-level biology research as early as your first year. Our labs in the McNeil Science and Technology Center (STC) are fully equipped for advanced scientific instruction and in-depth research. Our biology faculty are highly accomplished researchers, dedicated educators, and critical links in your career and professional network.
What sets us apart?
- Strong academic and research strengths that allows you to succeed in the competitive
- The McNeil Science and Technology Center offers you access to labs, equipment, and
resources that are at the forefront of science.
- Strong cross-disciplinary interaction offers the chance to work closely with students
and faculty in the physics, statistics, pharmacology/toxicology and chemistry programs.
- Low faculty-to-student ratios provide for unparalleled access to our faculty, who are outstanding educators and researchers eager to provide opportunities for
- Many faculty members have colleagues or acquaintances within the academic, governmental,
and private industry arenas, providing a rich array of contacts for you and opportunities
for internships and field experiences.
- The Department of Biological Sciences offers many opportunities to do primary investigative
research early in your undergraduate program. We regularly accommodate very academically
strong students with the opportunity to do investigative laboratory research.
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost.
USciences NewsView All
Dr. Zachary Klase Presented With Faculty Merit Award at USciences' Founders' Day
March 01, 2019
University of the Sciences presented the 2019 Faculty Award of Merit to Zachary Klase, PhD, during its Founders' Day ceremony on Feb. 14, 2019.
USciences Celebrates Its 198-Year History at Founders' Day
February 18, 2019
With pomp and circumstance, USciences faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends marked 198 years since the University was established at a special Founders' Day ceremony on Feb. 14, 2019.
Weber Scientific, USciences Enter into License Agreement
December 11, 2018
Weber Scientific and USciences announced that they have entered into a license agreement to provide Weber with a license to Farber Pham Diastaticus Medium (FPDM), discovered by Matthew J. Farber, PhD, Director of the University's Brewing Science Certificate Program.
USciences Physics, Biology Professors Awarded Research Grants
September 07, 2018
The Board of the Charles E. Kaufman Foundation, a supporting organization of The Pittsburgh Foundation, has awarded 10 scientific research grants totaling $1.9 million, including $200,000 to USciences and Roberto Ramos, PhD, and Margaret Pearce, PhD.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810