In This Section
USciences is the ideal place to study biology. We are an academic community uniquely dedicated to scientific discovery and career preparation in the life sciences. Conduct hands-on, graduate-level biology research as early as your first year. Our labs in the McNeil Science and Technology Center (STC) are fully equipped for advanced scientific instruction and in-depth research. Our biology faculty are highly accomplished researchers, dedicated educators, and critical links in your career and professional network.
What sets us apart?
- Strong academic and research strengths that allows you to succeed in the competitive
- The McNeil Science and Technology Center offers you access to labs, equipment, and
resources that are at the forefront of science.
- Strong cross-disciplinary interaction offers the chance to work closely with students
and faculty in the forensic science, physics, statistics, pharmacology/toxicology
and chemistry programs.
- Low faculty-to-student ratios provide for unparalleled access to our faculty, who are outstanding educators and researchers eager to provide opportunities for
- Many faculty members have colleagues or acquaintances within the academic, governmental,
and private industry arenas, providing a rich array of contacts for you and opportunities
for internships and field experiences.
- The Department of Biological Sciences offers many opportunities to do primary investigative research early in your undergraduate program. We regularly accommodate very academically strong students with the opportunity to do investigative laboratory research.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
USciences Lowers Tuition for Fall 2018 Incoming Class
September 06, 2017
New pricing structure lowers tuition for undergraduate and professional students
Pink Boots Society, USciences Tackle Sexism in Brewing at 1st Annual Women in Brewing Symposium
August 15, 2017
Topics of discussion include key issues for women in the brewing industry.
Dr. Shivendra Sahi Named Chair and Professor of Biology at USciences
August 10, 2017
Over the years, Dr. Sahi has managed more than $4 million in research and training grants from many federal and state agencies.
USciences' NIH Visit Focuses on Expanding Interprofessional Research Opportunities
July 18, 2017
In an effort to build relationships and learn about how to better qualify for federal grant funding, a group of University of the Sciences faculty and staff traveled to the Bethesda, Md., headquarters of the National Institutes of Health.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810