In This Section
USciences is the ideal place to study biology. We are an academic community uniquely dedicated to scientific discovery and career preparation in the life sciences. Conduct hands-on, graduate-level biology research as early as your first year. Our labs in the McNeil Science and Technology Center (STC) are fully equipped for advanced scientific instruction and in-depth research. Our biology faculty are highly accomplished researchers, dedicated educators, and critical links in your career and professional network.
What sets us apart?
- Strong academic and research strengths that allows you to succeed in the competitive
- The McNeil Science and Technology Center offers you access to labs, equipment, and
resources that are at the forefront of science.
- Strong cross-disciplinary interaction offers the chance to work closely with students
and faculty in the physics, statistics, pharmacology/toxicology and chemistry programs.
- Low faculty-to-student ratios provide for unparalleled access to our faculty, who are outstanding educators and researchers eager to provide opportunities for
- Many faculty members have colleagues or acquaintances within the academic, governmental,
and private industry arenas, providing a rich array of contacts for you and opportunities
for internships and field experiences.
- The Department of Biological Sciences offers many opportunities to do primary investigative
research early in your undergraduate program. We regularly accommodate very academically
strong students with the opportunity to do investigative laboratory research.
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost.
USciences NewsView All
- Misher Students Find Safety and Success in Labs
October 07, 2020
To allow students to continue these hands-on experiences, USciences faculty got creative to schedule coursework that would ensure that the experience in Chemistry and Biology laboratories for the fall 2020 semester would be rich while still maintaining COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- Dig It: Student's Passion Leads to Month-Long Excavation Trip in Belize
June 30, 2020
Victoria Pobok Bio'20, HumSci'20 has always loved learning about ancient cultures and this summer she was able to indulge that curiosity during a month-long archeological dig in Northern Belize studying the ancient Maya.
- Alumnus Finds His Passion for Education at USciences
March 24, 2020
Currently, Donnelly teaches advanced placement chemistry, honors chemistry and academic chemistry at Chichester High School in Boothwyn, Pennsylvania.
- USciences Adds New Undergraduate Research Opportunities with SEA-GENES Program
February 03, 2020
Beginning in the fall of 2020, USciences students will have access to a new course-based undergraduate research experience (CURE), SEA-GENES. This course will allow students to conduct experiments in order to determine the functions of viral genes.
- At USciences, Felinah Buslig Earned Research and Professional Experience on Her Journey to Become a Veterinarian
December 17, 2019
Dr. Felinah Buslig Bio'15 credits the biology program at USciences with helping her find success as a veterinarian in Jersey City, New Jersey.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810