In This Section
USciences is the ideal place to study biology. We are an academic community uniquely dedicated to scientific discovery and career preparation in the life sciences. Conduct hands-on, graduate-level biology research as early as your first year. Our labs in the McNeil Science and Technology Center (STC) are fully equipped for advanced scientific instruction and in-depth research. Our biology faculty are highly accomplished researchers, dedicated educators, and critical links in your career and professional network.
What sets us apart?
- Strong academic and research strengths that allows you to succeed in the competitive
- The McNeil Science and Technology Center offers you access to labs, equipment, and
resources that are at the forefront of science.
- Strong cross-disciplinary interaction offers the chance to work closely with students
and faculty in the forensic science, physics, statistics, pharmacology/toxicology
and chemistry programs.
- Low faculty-to-student ratios provide for unparalleled access to our faculty, who are outstanding educators and researchers eager to provide opportunities for
- Many faculty members have colleagues or acquaintances within the academic, governmental,
and private industry arenas, providing a rich array of contacts for you and opportunities
for internships and field experiences.
- The Department of Biological Sciences offers many opportunities to do primary investigative research early in your undergraduate program. We regularly accommodate very academically strong students with the opportunity to do investigative laboratory research.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
Amanpreet Kaur PhD'17 Says Cancer Biology Program Uniquely Prepared Her in Quest for Researching a Cancer Cure
June 13, 2017
On a search to find a cure for cancer and other diseases, Amanpreet Kaur PhD'17 said a unique program between USciences and The Wistar Institute helped prepare her for that noble task.
Dr. Zachary Klase Receives $2.1 million Grant from NIDA for HIV Research
May 25, 2017
With a focus on HIV/AIDS research, Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences Zachary A. Klase, PhD, was selected to receive the prestigious Avenir Award, a $2.1 million, five-year grant, from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) in May 2017.
USciences Students Win Awards at Alpha Chi Honor Society Convention
May 11, 2017
Two USciences students who attended this year's Alpha Chi Honor Society Convention in Louisville, KY last month, came home with awards.
Brewing Science Program Teams Up with Yards, St. Benjamins for Two Different Collaboration Brews
April 10, 2017
The brewing science program teamed up with Yards and Clarkville to create Bitter Landlord and crafted Kite Club Ale with St. Benjamin Brewing Company.
USciences Students Gain Pathway to a Nursing Career Through Villanova Nursing
March 31, 2017
The BSNExpress program is a 14-month, second degree program that incorporates all the standard components of the nursing program in a concentrated timeframe.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810