In This Section
USciences is the ideal place to study biology. We are an academic community uniquely dedicated to scientific discovery and career preparation in the life sciences. Conduct hands-on, graduate-level biology research as early as your first year. Our labs in the McNeil Science and Technology Center (STC) are fully equipped for advanced scientific instruction and in-depth research. Our biology faculty are highly accomplished researchers, dedicated educators, and critical links in your career and professional network.
What sets us apart?
- Strong academic and research strengths that allows you to succeed in the competitive
- The McNeil Science and Technology Center offers you access to labs, equipment, and
resources that are at the forefront of science.
- Strong cross-disciplinary interaction offers the chance to work closely with students
and faculty in the forensic science, physics, statistics, pharmacology/toxicology
and chemistry programs.
- Low faculty-to-student ratios provide for unparalleled access to our faculty, who are outstanding educators and researchers eager to provide opportunities for
- Many faculty members have colleagues or acquaintances within the academic, governmental,
and private industry arenas, providing a rich array of contacts for you and opportunities
for internships and field experiences.
- The Department of Biological Sciences offers many opportunities to do primary investigative research early in your undergraduate program. We regularly accommodate very academically strong students with the opportunity to do investigative laboratory research.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
New Yeast Discovered at USciences Cuts Time for Sour Beer Production
January 03, 2018
A new yeast species discovered by University of the Sciences researcher Matthew J. Farber, PhD, promises to brew sour beer in half the time of the usual fermentation process.
With Federal Grant, Student Research, Biology Lab Investigates HIV
December 18, 2017
A $2.1 million grant from the National Institutes of Health has expanded the scope of research into HIV led by Zachary Klase, PhD, in his biology lab.
USciences Alumnus and Peace Corps Volunteer Helps Families in Ethiopia
December 15, 2017
Inspired by his coursework, Michael Elton BI'14 put medical school on hold to pursue something bigger - working as a rural health development worker in Ethiopia as part of the U.S. Peace Corps.
USciences Undergraduate Scholarship Recipients Showcase Summer Research Projects
December 13, 2017
In celebration of their summer research projects, USciences faculty mentors and student researchers lunched with benefactor and board of trustees Chairman Marvin Samson HonAlm'96, HonDSc'16 on Dec. 4, 2017.
Matching Funds Double #GivingTuesdayUSciences Impact
November 15, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 28 is a day for giving back. Give Online and participate in #GivingTuesdayUSciences this holiday season. Each gift is being matched thanks to the generosity of a USciences alumna.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810