In This Section
Biology Major- Career Outcomes
Recent advances in biotechnology and molecular biology are transforming the research industries in which biologists work. A degree in biology prepares you for a spectrum of career options, enabling you to:
- Gain admission to medical, veterinary, dental or other professional schools.
- Perform research and aid discovery in medicine and pharmaceuticals, microbiology and biotechnology.
- Enter the burgeoning environmental industries, including forestry, endangered species recovery programs with zoos and parks, and environmental conservation.
- Serve in the arena of public health.
- Teach science in public or private schools, or with further education, at universities and colleges, or in public venues like zoos, museums and nature centers.
- Become a science and health writer, creating industry materials or informing the public.
- Pursue a law degree with a scientific foundation to handle ethically sensitive, complex cases, or advise lawmakers at all levels of government, explaining biological issues and contributing to sound legislative decisions.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810