In This Section
Health Psychology, MS
USciences takes you deep inside the questions at the hub of health psychology: How does physical health affect state of mind? In what ways do thoughts and behaviors influence mental and physical wellness? With rigorous courses based in applied experimental psychology, our program uniquely prepares you to pursue your doctoral degree or thrive in health-related research.
What Sets Us Apart?
- USciences is one of the only master’s programs in the country with a curriculum focused
specifically on health psychology.
- You’ll receive one-on-one mentorship from a specific faculty member and work alongside your mentor in the research lab to gain additional experience.
- We offer two degree options: a thesis degree program for students interested in pursuing doctoral study in psychology
and a non-thesis degree program for students interested in clinical research coordination,
health communications, or additional graduate study with a clinical focus (e.g., a
PsyD or LPC).
- Study a range of disciplines, including neuropsychology, behavioral medicine, research
methodology and management, and evidence-based practice and behavior change.
- Low faculty-to-student ratios mean unparalleled access to our faculty, world-class educators and researchers eager to provide opportunities for hands-on
- We also offer a 15-credit graduate certificate program in health education and communication.
- Loading Events...
USciences Alumnus and Peace Corps Volunteer Helps Families in Ethiopia
December 15, 2017
Inspired by his coursework, Michael Elton BI'14 put medical school on hold to pursue something bigger - working as a rural health development worker in Ethiopia as part of the U.S. Peace Corps.
Matching Funds Double #GivingTuesdayUSciences Impact
November 15, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 28 is a day for giving back. Give Online and participate in #GivingTuesdayUSciences this holiday season. Each gift is being matched thanks to the generosity of a USciences alumna.
USciences Students Gain Pathway to a Nursing Career Through Villanova Nursing
March 31, 2017
The BSNExpress program is a 14-month, second degree program that incorporates all the standard components of the nursing program in a concentrated timeframe.
2015-16 Faculty Awards
June 14, 2016
E. Amy Janke, PhD
Kline Hall, Room 201
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495