In This Section
Health Psychology, MS
USciences takes you deep inside the questions at the hub of health psychology: how does physical health affect state of mind? In what ways do thoughts and behaviors influence mental and physical wellness?
Select from a thesis-option—with rigorous courses based in applied experimental psychology— preparing you to pursue your doctoral degree. Or a non-thesis track, where you will thrive in health-related research and be prepared for clinical research coordination, health communications, medical school, public health programs, or additional graduate study with a clinical focus. The program is typically completed in a year and a half.
What Sets Us Apart?
- USciences is one of the only master’s programs in the country with a curriculum focused specifically on health psychology.
- You’ll receive one-on-one mentorship from a specific faculty member and work alongside your mentor in the research lab to gain additional experience.
- Low student-to-faculty ratio.
- Breadth and depth of our coursework including: neuropsychology, behavioral medicine,
research methodology and management, evidence based practice, and behavior change.
- A 15-credit graduate certificate in health education and communication to put you a step above your peers.
- USciences Faculty Supports Autistic Community At COVID Vaccine Clinic
December 15, 2021
Ashley de Marchena, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience, and Director of USciences' InterAction Lab, volunteered at a special COVID-19 vaccine clinic on December 11, 2021 at the Academy of Natural Sciences for people with sensory issues.
- Undergrads Spend Summer Studying Alzheimer's Disease
August 17, 2021
Two USciences students participated in the Alzheimer's Summer Internship program at the University of Pennsylvania's Penn Memory Center for black or African American students.
- Middle School Students Experiment with STEM During USciences Camp
August 12, 2021
Seventh and Eighth grade students from St. Francis de Sales School in West Philadelphia participated in a two-week long STEM camp.
- USciences CLASS Lab Teaches Kids about the Brain
August 12, 2021
USciences Cognition, Learning, and School Success (CLASS) lab hosted two "Neuroscience for Kids" workshops for students attending St. Francis de Sales summer camp.
- Sparking Passion for STEM with St. Francis de Sales
June 09, 2021
Throughout the spring semester, faculty and students from Misher College of Arts and Sciences visited seventh and eighth graders at St. Francis de Sales School.
E. Amy Janke, PhD
Kline Hall, Room 209
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495