No items to display
In This Section
Graduate Certificate in Health Education and Communication
Health education and communication best practices save lives by conveying vital information, increasing effectiveness of patient-provider interactions, and effectively educating patients and prospective clients. The World Health Organization, the Institute of Medicine, the U.S. Surgeon General’s Office and Dept. of Health and Human Services, as well as many other leading public health and medical authorities have identified health education, communication, and literacy as critical to improving national and international public health and patient care.
University of the Sciences offers a 15-credit certificate program to address key competencies in health education and communication, including constructing health education interventions, improving patient-provider communication, addressing health literacy issues, and creating social media for health awareness and behavioral change. Through a combination of training and practical experience, this program helps students thrive in careers in healthcare, health policy, public health, biomedical writing, and other health-related business areas.
Certificate students are required to take three core graduate courses and two additional electives from a wide selection of possibilities in health research and practice. Courses cost $1,000 per credit.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We are building on best practices in both health education and communication while
offering extensive skill development in each course to prepare a professional portfolio.
- You will be able to demonstrate improved health education and communication in diverse
community or medical settings.
- Our multidisciplinary approach helps you gain practical experience with health education
and communication, empowering you to be an integral member of healthcare delivery
- You can choose to tailor six elective credits to your career interests and goals.
- We’ve designed a flexible curriculum with evening and part-time classes for busy professionals.
- Our combination of theory and practice makes for meaningful coursework and business
- You can complete the Graduate Certificate in Health Education and Communication in as little as one year, while developing portfolio projects and networking connections.
- Loading Events...
What Kind of Bacteria Are on the Bottom of Our Shoes?
July 10, 2018
Jason Heindl PhD, assistant professor of biology, helped to guide Jenn Frederick from Fox29's Good Day Philadelphia through the kind of bacteria cultivated from the morning show team members' shoes.
Physics Wonder Girls Camp Teaches Science of Food and Light
July 03, 2018
Middle school girls interested in physics got a chance to plunge into the science behind light and food this week at the Physics Wonder Girls Summer Camp, a week-long, free STEM camp organized by Dr. Roberto Ramos, associate professor of physics.
USciences Celebrates Employee Service at Annual Award Ceremony
June 14, 2018
Employees from five to 45 years of service were recognized by University president Dr. Paul Katz for their dedication to University of the Sciences at the annual Employee Recognition Reception on June 7, 2018.
Class of 2018 Snapshot
June 05, 2018
A snapshot of USciences Class of 2018 and a breakdown of statistics about the class.
Pamela Z. Poe, PhD, MPH, CHES
Kline Hall, Room 206
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495