In This Section
Graduate Certificate in Health Education and Communication
This 15-credit certificate program addresses key competencies in health education and communication, including constructing health education interventions, improving patient-provider communication, building health literacy skills, and creating social media for health awareness and behavioral change.
Through a combination of training and practical experience, you’ll be prepared to thrive in careers in healthcare, health policy, public health, biomedical writing, and other health-related business areas. You will understand the concepts and skills tested on the National Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam, build networking connections, and create a portfolio of projects. The certificate can be completed in as little as one year.
Health education and communication best practices save lives by conveying vital information, increasing effectiveness of patient-provider interactions, and effectively educating patients and prospective clients. The World Health Organization, the Institute of Medicine, the U.S. Surgeon General’s Office and Dept. of Health and Human Services, as well as many other leading public health and medical authorities have identified health education, communication, and literacy as critical to improving national and international public health and patient care.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We are building on best practices in health education and communication while offering
extensive skill development in each course to prepare a professional portfolio.
- We’ve designed a flexible curriculum with evening and part-time classes for busy professionals. Tailor six elective credits
to your career interests and goals.
- Our combination of theory and practice makes for meaningful coursework and business
- A multidisciplinary approach helps you gain practical experience with health education and communication, empowering you to be an integral member of healthcare delivery teams.
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Mechanism, Efficacy, and Safety
April 09, 2021
USciences faculty experts are breaking down the COVID-19 vaccine, sharing more behind the science of mRNA, mechanism, efficacy and safety.
- SEA-PHAGES, SEA-GENES Courses Help Students Make Discoveries
March 12, 2021
USciences is one of 198 schools worldwide that are part of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute's (HHMI) Science Education Alliance- Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science (SEA-PHAGES) program.
- Microbiology CURE Lab Gives Undergrads Real Research Experience
March 09, 2021
Through a series of Course-based Undergraduate Research Experiences (CURE), USciences students are able to get hands-on, in the lab research experience beginning in their first year.
- USciences Celebrates Bicentennial Founders' Day
February 23, 2021
The USciences community came together to honor its rich history on Tuesday, February 23, 2021, in a virtual ceremony to mark the Bicentennial Founding of the University.
- Physician, Astronaut Bernard Harris to Address Graduates at Bicentennial Commencement
February 22, 2021
Bernard A. Harris, Jr., MD, a physician and astronaut, has been selected to address the Class of 2021 at the 200th Commencement Ceremony on May 26, 2021.
Pamela Z. Poe, PhD, MPH, CHES
Kline Hall, Room 206
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495