No items to display
In This Section
Graduate Certificate in Health Education and Communication
This 15-credit certificate program addresses key competencies in health education and communication, including constructing health education interventions, improving patient-provider communication, building health literacy skills, and creating social media for health awareness and behavioral change.
Through a combination of training and practical experience, you’ll be prepared to thrive in careers in healthcare, health policy, public health, biomedical writing, and other health-related business areas. You will understand the concepts and skills tested on the National Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam, build networking connections, and create a portfolio of projects. Courses cost $1,000 per credit and the certificate can be completed in as little as one year.
Health education and communication best practices save lives by conveying vital information, increasing effectiveness of patient-provider interactions, and effectively educating patients and prospective clients. The World Health Organization, the Institute of Medicine, the U.S. Surgeon General’s Office and Dept. of Health and Human Services, as well as many other leading public health and medical authorities have identified health education, communication, and literacy as critical to improving national and international public health and patient care.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We are building on best practices in health education and communication while offering
extensive skill development in each course to prepare a professional portfolio.
- We’ve designed a flexible curriculum with evening and part-time classes for busy professionals. Tailor six elective credits
to your career interests and goals.
- Our combination of theory and practice makes for meaningful coursework and business
- A multidisciplinary approach helps you gain practical experience with health education and communication, empowering you to be an integral member of healthcare delivery teams.
- Biochemistry PhD Alum Offers Advice to Prospective Students
April 03, 2020
Nicolas Cope PhD'20 (biochemistry) credits USciences graduate programs for helping to advance his career and for giving him experience in the field even before graduation.
- Undergraduate Research Celebrated in Virtual CUR Research Festival
April 01, 2020
Despite campus-wide cancellations due to coronavirus (COVID-19), the 2020 Undergraduate Research Festival, which was set to be held March 10-12, 2020, was successfully transitioned to a series of virtual events.
- From Lab to Industry: USciences Alumnus Thrives in Both
March 27, 2020
Reecha Pandya BMS'15, a senior engineer in the new product introduction group at Abbott Point of Care, credits her time at USciences for her ability to take on diverse and creative responsibilities.
- Alumnus Finds His Passion for Education at USciences
March 24, 2020
Currently, Donnelly teaches advanced placement chemistry, honors chemistry and academic chemistry at Chichester High School in Boothwyn, Pennsylvania.
- Abhinav Illendula BMS'20 Earns Founders' Day Award of Merit
March 09, 2020
An impressive undergraduate researcher who already earned a number of publications to his name, Abhinav Illendula BMS'20 was presented the 2020 Undergraduate Student Award of Merit during University of the Sciences' 199th Founders' Day Ceremony on Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020.
Pamela Z. Poe, PhD, MPH, CHES
Kline Hall, Room 206
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495