No items to display
In This Section
Graduate Certificate in Health Education and Communication
Health education and communication best practices save lives by conveying vital information, increasing effectiveness of patient-provider interactions, and effectively educating patients and prospective clients. The World Health Organization, the Institute of Medicine, the U.S. Surgeon General’s Office and Dept. of Health and Human Services, as well as many other leading public health and medical authorities have identified health education, communication, and literacy as critical to improving national and international public health and patient care.
University of the Sciences offers a 15-credit certificate program to address key competencies in health education and communication, including constructing health education interventions, improving patient-provider communication, addressing health literacy issues, and creating social media for health awareness and behavioral change. Through a combination of training and practical experience, this program helps students thrive in careers in healthcare, health policy, public health, biomedical writing, and other health-related business areas.
Certificate students are required to take three core graduate courses and two additional electives from a wide selection of possibilities in health research and practice.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We are building on best practices in both health education and communication while
offering extensive skill development in each course to prepare a professional portfolio.
- You will be able to demonstrate improved health education and communication in diverse
community or medical settings.
- Our multidisciplinary approach helps you gain practical experience with health education
and communication, empowering you to be an integral member of healthcare delivery
- You can choose to tailor six elective credits to your career interests and goals.
- We’ve designed a flexible curriculum with evening and part-time classes for busy professionals.
- Our combination of theory and practice makes for meaningful coursework and business
- You can complete the Graduate Certificate in Health Education and Communication in as little as one year, while developing portfolio projects and networking connections.
- Loading Events...
USciences Celebrates Employee Service at Annual Award Ceremony
June 14, 2018
Employees from five to 45 years of service were recognized by University president Dr. Paul Katz for their dedication to University of the Sciences at the annual Employee Recognition Reception on June 7, 2018.
Class of 2018 Snapshot
June 05, 2018
A snapshot of USciences Class of 2018 and a breakdown of statistics about the class.
Cooking Inspires Love for Chemistry and Future Career for Zach Friar Chem'18
May 24, 2018
While working as sous chef at Thomas Kellar's Bouchon Bakery in New York City, Zach Friar Chem'18, found a passion for chemistry.
Watch USciences 197th Commencement Live on May 23
May 18, 2018
We will be streaming USciences 197th Commencement Ceremony live on May 23 at 1 p.m.
2018 USciences Graduate Fellows Celebrated
April 11, 2018
Graduate students and their advisors celebrated the students' academic and research accomplishments at the annual graduate fellows reception on April 9, 2018.
Pamela Z. Poe, PhD, MPH, CHES
Kline Hall, Room 206
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495