In This Section
Department of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business - Research Opportunities
Faculty from the Department of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business focus on maintaining professional experiences that assist in maintaining their expertise in their areas of academic focus, especially in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector. Most of our faculty’s scholarly activities emphasize supporting student research efforts. Areas of faculty research interest are listed below for our full time faculty.
Primary areas of research interest for our faculty
- Pharmaceutical R&D strategy and process
- Specialty Drugs
- Drug Pricing
- Comparative Healthcare Systems (International)
- Economic Burden of Chronic Illnesses
- International Marketing
- US Health Policy and Law – specific to out-of-pocket costs
- Econometric Modeling
- Business Strategy
- Building Global Commercial Teams: New Charters, Structures and Processes
- Globalization: A Needed Approach to Pharma Global Brand Development & Lifecycle Management
- Preparing Students to Enter the Workforce: Merging Content Knowledge with Skills Assessment to Ensure Post-graduate Success
- Drivers of team performance
- Team leadership skills
- Study of moral hazard in the medical choices for patients
USciences NewsView All
USciences Awarded PA Grant Supporting 'It's On Us' Campaign
March 15, 2018
USciences has been awarded a $30,000 grant from Gov. Tom Wolf and the Pennsylvania Department of Education to support the It's On Us campaign, which works to prevent, address, and respond effectively to sexual violence on college campuses.
Brian Temsamrit Psy'17 Gained Hands-On Experience and a Career as a Researcher at USciences
March 13, 2018
Although he wasn't sure exactly what path he would pursue upon graduation from USciences, Brian Temsamrit Psy'17 found a passion for research and the confidence to pursue a career in science.
USciences Women's Basketball Wins Second Consecutive CACC Championship, Advance in NCAA Tournament
March 05, 2018
The USciences women's basketball team advanced to the NCAA DII Tournament with a 64-56 win over Jefferson in the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference championship on March 3.
Alumnus Dr. Edward Foote Named PCP Dean
February 26, 2018
Edward Foote P'87, PharmD'91 is returning to his alma mater as dean of Philadelphia College of Pharmacy at University of the Sciences.
Vaishnavi Shah PhD’18 Presented with USciences Founders' Day Student Award of Merit
February 23, 2018
The award is presented to an outstanding student who "exemplifies the innovative and entrepreneurial spirit of USciences' founders."
Robert Mueller, EdD
Interim Chair, Department of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business
4101 Woodland Avenue, Room 147
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495