In This Section
MBA in Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business
Your goals, your schedule, your future—in the Mayes specialized MBA program, the focus is always on all three.
We not only offer one of the few specialized MBA programs in the country—dedicated exclusively to pharmaceutical and healthcare business—we also cater to your busy lifestyle with flexible options:
- On-campus evening courses—Our evening MBA classes meet once a week for 15 weeks, and students can finish in as few as 22 months. Seminar-style classes typically include 8 to 20 students participating in lively conversations, exchanging ideas with everyone involved.
- Online study—Small, private online courses promote active engagement between faculty and students. The real-time webinar format closely replicates the classroom experience. Finish in 27 months following the recommended curriculum of fourteen classes delivered in 8 week modules, 4 semester long applied learning courses delivered over 15 weeks, two courses conducted as a five-day intensive learning experience and a one day on campus presentation of the Capstone project.
You’re free to take classes in either or both formats, and you can switch between them to fit your lifestyle.
* Source: Fall 2016 survey of pharmaceutical and healthcare business alumni from 2010-2016. More info
Our curriculum covers the core business topics you would expect from a world-class MBA program—along with an added component specific to pharmaceutical and healthcare business.
- Accounting and finance
- Marketing and sales
- Strategy and management
- Research and development
- Regulation of prescription drugs
- Health economics
- International pharmaceutical business
You’ll also conduct original research and apply what you learn to solve functional problems.
A Specialized MBA Makes Sense
The benefits of a specialized MBA add up. According to a survey of our MBA graduates:
- 84% had a job within 6 months
- 93% make more than $50,000—and 39% make more than $125,000
- 87% had received at least one promotion, or had changed jobs for a higher one, since graduation
- 91% were in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries
* Source: Fall 2016 survey of MBA alumni on behalf of USciences. More info
What Sets Us Apart?
- This is a specialized MBA, one of only a few MBA programs in the country dedicated exclusively to the robust pharmaceutical and healthcare sector.
- We offer both evening and online courses—plus the opportunity to switch between formats.
- Our graduates find employment with pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies,
consulting firms, healthcare communities, medical device manufacturers, and diagnostic
providers. They have advanced their careers with companies like Merck, Johnson & Johnson, GSK, Teva Pharmaceuticals, and Quintiles
- Connect with faculty from pharmaceutical and healthcare careers, executives and academic leaders who bring
real-world experience to the classroom.
- Our classes range from 8 to 20 students, and our preferred teaching style encourages
the free exchange of ideas and questions among all members of the class.
- GMAT and GRE scores are not required to apply to the MBA or Certificate.
- Applied courses provide opportunities for you to establish connections with industry professionals while helping real businesses
make key decisions.
- Our specialized MBA program carries prestige among scientific institutions and the international business community. CEO Magazine has profiled our program on numerous occasions.
|Our BS in pharmaceutical and healthcare business and MBA in pharmaceutical and healthcare business programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), a leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating, and rewarding teaching excellence.|
Graduation and Retention
For our 2010-2011 entering students the graduation rate was 73%. Full time MBA students can complete the degree within 22 months. The graduation rate reflects percentage of 2010-2011 MBA students who graduated on or before May 2016.
The retention rate for AY 2015-2016 was 96%. Retention rate refers to the total of graduates and active students retained from Fall 2015 – Spring 2016 to Fall 2016-Spring 2017.
Student Learning Outcomes
95.5% of our MBA students achieved good to excellent performance, as measured by the
faculty using AACU VALUE rubrics for written and oral communication, and critical
thinking, for academic years 2014–2015 and 2015–2016. For a complete listing of Student
Learning Outcomes including rubrics, pre and post test results and external benchmarking,
Designed for individuals with advanced degrees and professional experience in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry, our certificate program prepares you with industry-specific knowledge and skills to advance your career. You can earn your certificate in as few as 12 months or as long as four years.
The certificate includes:
View the Gainful Employment Program Disclosure for this certificate.
Program Director’s Message
- Loading Events...
USciences' MBA Program Again Ranked Among Elite Programs
April 13, 2018
University of the Sciences' MBA in Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business continues to be ranked among the top tier programs in North America offering the degree.
2018 USciences Graduate Fellows Celebrated
April 11, 2018
Graduate students and their advisors celebrated the students' academic and research accomplishments at the annual graduate fellows reception on April 9, 2018.
USciences Announces College Restructuring for 2018-19
February 21, 2018
The main element of the restructure is the elimination of Mayes College of Healthcare Business and Policy with its programs being repositioned to the other colleges.
USciences and Franklin BioScience, a Leading Medical Cannabis Innovator, Announce Collaboration
December 19, 2017
Agreement Builds on USciences excellence in research and education; leverages Franklin BioScience's expertise and knowledge of the cannabis plant and deep history of bringing innovative science-backed medical cannabis products to patients.
USciences Alumnus Gets a Competitive Edge in the Advertising Industry
December 15, 2017
Paolo Aragona PHB'12 set out on a path toward a career in health and wellness and found the business of communication.
University of Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495