In This Section
MBA in Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business
Your goals, your schedule, your future—in the Mayes specialized MBA program, the focus is always on all three.
We not only offer one of the few specialized MBA programs in the country—dedicated exclusively to pharmaceutical and healthcare business—we also cater to your busy lifestyle with flexible options:
- On-campus evening courses—Our evening MBA classes meet once a week for 15 weeks, and students can finish in as few as 22 months. Seminar-style classes typically include 8 to 20 students participating in lively conversations, exchanging ideas with everyone involved.
- Online study—Small, private online courses promote active engagement between faculty and students. The real-time webinar format closely replicates the classroom experience. Finish in 27 months following the recommended curriculum of fourteen classes delivered in 8 week modules, 4 semester long applied learning courses delivered over 15 weeks, two courses conducted as a five-day intensive learning experience and a one day on campus presentation of the Capstone project.
You’re free to take classes in either or both formats, and you can switch between them to fit your lifestyle.
* Source: Fall 2016 survey of pharmaceutical and healthcare business alumni from 2010-2016. More info
Our curriculum covers the core business topics you would expect from a world-class MBA program—along with an added component specific to pharmaceutical and healthcare business.
- Accounting and finance
- Marketing and sales
- Strategy and management
- Research and development
- Regulation of prescription drugs
- Health economics
- International pharmaceutical business
You’ll also conduct original research and apply what you learn to solve functional problems.
A Specialized MBA Makes Sense
The benefits of a specialized MBA add up. According to a survey of our MBA graduates:
- 84% had a job within 6 months
- 93% make more than $50,000—and 39% make more than $125,000
- 87% had received at least one promotion, or had changed jobs for a higher one, since graduation
- 91% were in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries
* Source: Fall 2016 survey of MBA alumni on behalf of USciences. More info
What Sets Us Apart?
- This is a specialized MBA, one of only a few MBA programs in the country dedicated exclusively to the robust pharmaceutical and healthcare sector.
- We offer both evening and online courses—plus the opportunity to switch between formats.
- Our graduates find employment with pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies,
consulting firms, healthcare communities, medical device manufacturers, and diagnostic
providers. They have advanced their careers with companies like Merck, Johnson & Johnson, GSK, Teva Pharmaceuticals, and Quintiles
- Connect with faculty from pharmaceutical and healthcare careers, executives and academic leaders who bring
real-world experience to the classroom.
- Our classes range from 8 to 20 students, and our preferred teaching style encourages
the free exchange of ideas and questions among all members of the class.
- GMAT and GRE scores are not required to apply to the MBA or Certificate.
- Applied courses provide opportunities for you to establish connections with industry professionals while helping real businesses
make key decisions.
- Our specialized MBA program carries prestige among scientific institutions and the international business community. CEO Magazine has profiled our program on numerous occasions.
|Our BS in pharmaceutical and healthcare business and MBA in pharmaceutical and healthcare business programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), a leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating, and rewarding teaching excellence.|
Graduation and Retention
For our 2010-2011 entering students the graduation rate was 73%. Full time MBA students can complete the degree within 22 months. The graduation rate reflects percentage of 2010-2011 MBA students who graduated on or before May 2016.
The retention rate for AY 2015-2016 was 96%. Retention rate refers to the total of graduates and active students retained from Fall 2015 – Spring 2016 to Fall 2016-Spring 2017.
Student Learning Outcomes
95.5% of our MBA students achieved good to excellent performance, as measured by the
faculty using AACU VALUE rubrics for written and oral communication, and critical
thinking, for academic years 2014–2015 and 2015–2016. For a complete listing of Student
Learning Outcomes including rubrics, pre and post test results and external benchmarking,
Designed for individuals with advanced degrees and professional experience in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry, our certificate program prepares you with industry-specific knowledge and skills to advance your career. You can earn your certificate in as few as 12 months or as long as four years.
The certificate includes:
View the Gainful Employment Program Disclosure for this certificate.
Program Director’s Message
- Loading Events...
USciences' MBA Program Ranked Among Nation's Elite for Fourth-Consecutive Year
May 15, 2017
Hosted under the University's Mayes College of Healthcare and Business Policy, the MBA program was named a tier one program among other competing programs in the United States, according to the list published this month in CEO Magazine
Area High School Students Win Scholarships, Prizes at USciences Healthy Lifestyles Contest
March 30, 2017
More than $10,000 in scholarships and cash prizes were distributed to local high school students who showcased their ability to create effective health-conscious social media campaigns at the seventh annual Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Competition at University of the Sciences' Mayes College of Healthcare Business and Policy.
Camden County College and USciences are Building a Bridge
March 29, 2017
The two schools signed an agreement to ensure students who complete an appropriate AA or AS degree at CCC will be guaranteed junior status into a corresponding BS degree program at USciences.
Montgomery County Community College and USciences Sign Transfer Agreement
March 03, 2017
The transfer agreement is open to MCCC students receiving associate of science degrees for transfer into select USciences bachelor's programs.
USciences Students Explore Career and Graduate Education Options
March 02, 2017
USciences students had a multitude of ways to explore their options for the future during a Science Career and Professions Fair on Thursday.
University of Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495