In This Section
Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business Major
The BS in pharmaceutical and healthcare business program blends business and science, providing exactly what you need to propel yourself on the path to career success:
- A specialized pharmaceutical business education from a leading institution focused on the largest sector of the U.S. economy
- Personal attention from renowned professors with real-world expertise
- A seamless transition from studying to working
- In-demand industry knowledge, including the latest thinking in critical fields
- Practical experience to build broad-based business capabilities and skills in a variety of disciplines
- Opportunities to improve as a leader, teammate, and businessperson while honing your critical thinking, problem solving, oral, and written communication skills
* Source: Fall 2016 survey of pharmaceutical and healthcare business alumni from 2010-2016. More info
And our students consistently succeed. According to a survey of our alumni:
- 96% of graduates have jobs within six months of graduation*
- 32% make more than $75,000 per year—88% make over $50,000
- 91% work or study in the pharmaceutical or healthcare sector
* Source: Per survey of 2014-2016 graduates by the PHB Undergraduate Program Director.
* Source: Per survey of 2014-2016 graduates by the PHB Undergraduate Program Director. More info
What sets us apart?
- We know what employers want: 85% of graduates received a job within one month of graduation.
- A small and inclusive personal environment with a high degree of faculty attention
(our student to faculty ratio is 9:1)
- Our expert faculty members aren’t just teachers—they’re respected pharmaceutical business leaders.
- During the summer between your third and fourth years of study, you’ll have an opportunity
to gain practical knowledge through an industry internship.
- Because you work on industry-related projects, you can build your professional portfolio with tangible results to show prospective employers.
- Tap into our growing network of clients, adjunct faculty, alumni, and guest lecturers
from the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries.
- Our campus is close to countless medical communications and advertising firms, healthcare-related
nonprofits, major pharmaceutical companies, and entrepreneurial start-ups.
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MBA—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost.
|Our BS in pharmaceutical and healthcare business and MBA in pharmaceutical and healthcare business programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), a leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating, and rewarding teaching excellence.|
Graduation and Retention
For our 2010-2011 entering undergraduate PHB students the graduation rate was 79% with a retention rate of 84%. This data is posted in a timeframe consistent with the 1990 Student Right to Know Act, which requires post-secondary institutions to report the percentage of students that complete their program within 150% of the normal completion time.
This is six years (as of May 2016) for our undergraduate students in the 2010-2011 cohort. Retention rate refers to the total of graduated students and active students. Retention rate refers to the total of graduates and active students.
Student Learning Outcomes
91.6% of our undergraduate PHB students achieved good to excellent performance, as measured by the faculty using AACU VALUE rubrics for written and oral communication and critical thinking for academic years 2014-2015 and 2015-2016. For a complete listing of Student Learning Outcomes including rubrics, pre and post test results and external benchmarking, click here.
Program Director’s Message
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
USciences' MBA Program Again Ranked Among Elite Programs
April 13, 2018
University of the Sciences' MBA in Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business continues to be ranked among the top tier programs in North America offering the degree.
2018 USciences Graduate Fellows Celebrated
April 11, 2018
Graduate students and their advisors celebrated the students' academic and research accomplishments at the annual graduate fellows reception on April 9, 2018.
USciences Announces College Restructuring for 2018-19
February 21, 2018
The main element of the restructure is the elimination of Mayes College of Healthcare Business and Policy with its programs being repositioned to the other colleges.
USciences and Franklin BioScience, a Leading Medical Cannabis Innovator, Announce Collaboration
December 19, 2017
Agreement Builds on USciences excellence in research and education; leverages Franklin BioScience's expertise and knowledge of the cannabis plant and deep history of bringing innovative science-backed medical cannabis products to patients.
USciences Alumnus Gets a Competitive Edge in the Advertising Industry
December 15, 2017
Paolo Aragona PHB'12 set out on a path toward a career in health and wellness and found the business of communication.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810