In This Section
The BS in pharmaceutical and healthcare business program blends business and science, providing exactly what you need to propel yourself on the path to career success:
- A specialized business education from a leading institution focused on the largest sector of the U.S. economy
- Personal attention from renowned professors with real-world expertise
- A seamless transition from studying to working
- In-demand industry knowledge, including the latest thinking in critical fields
- Practical experience to build broad-based business capabilities and skills in a variety of disciplines
- Opportunities to improve as a leader, teammate, and businessperson while honing your critical thinking, problem solving, oral, and written communication skills
* Source: Fall 2016 survey of pharmaceutical and healthcare business alumni from 2010-2016. More info
And our students consistently succeed. According to a survey of our alumni:
- 96% of graduates have jobs within six months of graduation*
- 32% make more than $75,000 per year—88% make over $50,000
- 91% work or study in the pharmaceutical or healthcare sector
* Source: Per survey of 2014-2016 graduates by the PHB Undergraduate Program Director.
* Source: Per survey of 2014-2016 graduates by the PHB Undergraduate Program Director. More info
What sets us apart?
- We know what employers want: 85% of graduates received a job within one month of graduation.
- A small and inclusive personal environment with a high degree of faculty attention
(our student to faculty ratio is 9:1)
- Our expert faculty members aren’t just teachers—they’re respected business leaders.
- During the summer between your third and fourth years of study, you’ll have an opportunity
to gain practical knowledge through an industry internship.
- Because you work on industry-related projects, you can build your professional portfolio with tangible results to show prospective employers.
- Tap into our growing network of clients, adjunct faculty, alumni, and guest lecturers
from the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries.
- Our campus is close to countless medical communications and advertising firms, healthcare-related nonprofits, major pharmaceutical companies, and entrepreneurial start-ups.
Our BS in pharmaceutical and healthcare business and MBA in pharmaceutical and healthcare business programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), a leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating, and rewarding teaching excellence.
Graduation and Retention
For our 2010-2011 entering undergraduate PHB students the graduation rate was 79% with a retention rate of 84%. This data is posted in a timeframe consistent with the 1990 Student Right to Know Act, which requires post-secondary institutions to report the percentage of students that complete their program within 150% of the normal completion time.
This is six years (as of May 2016) for our undergraduate students in the 2010-2011 cohort. Retention rate refers to the total of graduated students and active students. Retention rate refers to the total of graduates and active students.
Student Learning Outcomes
91.6% of our undergraduate PHB students achieved good to excellent performance, as measured by the faculty using AACU VALUE rubrics for written and oral communication and critical thinking for academic years 2014-2015 and 2015-2016. For a complete listing of Student Learning Outcomes including rubrics, pre and post test results and external benchmarking, click here.
Program Director’s Message
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
USciences Signs Broad Articulation Agreement with Bucks County Community College
December 15, 2016
Under the terms of this agreement, students who graduate with pre-specified associate degrees from Bucks will be assured junior status at pre-identified BS programs at USciences.
Navigating the Complex Nature of the U.S. Biosimilar Field
September 15, 2016
2015-16 Faculty Awards
June 14, 2016
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495