In This Section
Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business Major - Application Process
First-time Student Application Process
We are excited that you are interested in attending University of the Sciences!
Please take these steps to apply:
- Submit your official high school transcripts from all high schools you have attended. A list of senior year coursework must be present.
- Send us your SAT or ACT scores. Or both. We super-score, so we will use the exam you perform best on.
USciences test codes:
- Submit an essay at least 250 words, on a topic of your choice, or a previously graded paper. If you’re using the Common Application, any of the prompts will satisfy the essay requirement.
- Submit a letter of recommendation. Up to two additional letters may be submitted. You can use our recommendation form.
You may also mail materials:
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd St
Philadelphia, PA 19104
USciences is rolling admission - we accept qualified applicants throughout the year, and until the class is filled. The sooner you apply, the better your chances will be of gaining Admission. Only complete applications can be reviewed.
Transfer Student Application Process
Before you get started, here are some things you should know:
- We require a 2.5 GPA for general admission, and a 2.7 GPA for those students applying to Biological Sciences.
- You may transfer into either Spring or Fall semester
- Deadline to receive materials for Spring term is Nov. 1
- Deadline to receive materials for Fall term is July 1
**If applying with a paper application, there is a $45 nonrefundable application fee. Please make check or money order payable to USciences and include your full name in the memo section. There is no fee for online applications.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and / or universities attended
- Submit official high school transcripts or an official copy of a General Equivalency Diploma (GED). This is waived if you have an Associate’s degree or 60+ college credits prior to your enrollment at USciences.
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores (if you have 24 or more credits you do not have to submit these scores)
Here are the courses we recommend taking before transferring into USciences’ Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business Program. Click here for an incomplete list of courses from other institutions that transfer into USciences.
You are eligible for SECOND-YEAR CONSIDERATION if you have completed, at the collegiate level, the following first-year courses:
- General Biology I & II with labs (8 credits)
- Pre-calculus or College Algebra (3 credits)
- Introduction to Microeconomics (3 credits)
- Introduction to Marketing (3 credits)
- Writing Intensive English (2 semesters, 6 credits)
- Introduction to Business Seminar (2 credits)
- General Education (3 credits)
- Social Science Requirement (must be in addition to specific courses required in curriculum)
Examples of social sciences are:
- Political Science
You are eligible for THIRD-YEAR CONSIDERATION if you have completed, at the collegiate level, the above first-year courses and the following second-year coursework:
- Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- Introduction to Communication (3 credits)
- Healthcare Systems (2 credits)
- Advanced Healthcare Systems (3 credits)
- Functional Human Structure & Histology (Anatomy & Physiology, 3 credits)
- Principles of Management (3 credits)
- Professional Writing (3 credits)
- General Education—Humanities Requirement (3 credits)
Examples of humanities classes are:
- Art Appreciation
- Music Appreciation
- Any Foreign Language
- General Education Requirement (6 credits)
- (Additional Social Science and/or Humanities credits)
*The course sequence is provided as a general guideline for what a complete academic year within the program looks like. If you have not completed all of the required courses listed within an academic year, we encourage you to still apply. We will evaluate your coursework, and, if you are accepted, develop a customized curriculum that will allow you to complete your degree at USciences.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495