In This Section
Information for Deposited Undergraduate Transfer Students
Congratulations on making your decision to attend USciences! We are very excited to be able to welcome you to our campus community. Before you begin classes, there are a few things you’ll need to complete. Use this list as your guide:
- Set Up Your Housing Account Once you have submitted your housing deposit, you can create your housing account and submit your housing preferences. Your housing account and preferences should
be completed by July 1. Students who wish to make a preference for a specific roommate
should also follow these instructions by July 1.
Commuter StudentsIf you plan to take public transportation: The university partners with SEPTA for a select number of discounted student commuter passes per semester. Passes are purchased on a first come, first served basis. Please email Lisa Corrato for more information. The deadlines set by SEPTA for the discounted passes are July 6th (fall passes) and the end of November (spring passes).If you plan to drive: The University offers parking permits for commuter students on a first come, first served basis for an annual fee. Please email Terry Reilly starting in early July to apply for a parking permit for a fall semester start or in November for a spring semester start.
- Dining Services Learn more about campus meal plan options.
- Have You Applied for Financial Aid Yet? If you plan to be considered for need-based aid, complete the FAFSA as soon as possible. Contact the Financial Aid Office to ensure that you have filed all necessary paperwork. Our financial aid counselors
will notify you of steps to take to complete the Master Promissory Note and Entrance
Submit Any Remaining Necessary Documents ASAP Send any AP, IB, CLEP, and/or any/all official college transcripts and credit information to the Admission Office as soon as they become available to ensure your classes are accurately scheduled. Materials can be sent electronically or via mail to:
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Attend Transfer Welcome Week Events Transfer Wecome Week is the best opportunity for you to become familiar with USciences
and your future classmates. We’ve created new and personalized experiences, both virtually
and in-person, to get you connected and to feel more comfortable. This experience
will include a set of virtual events scheduled a few weeks before the start of Spring or Fall semester, and will culminate with an on-campus event if possible. You will receive an invitation via email. Online registration will also be available
in the coming weeks.
- Complete your Student Health Record Complete your Student Health Record by January 8, 2021 (spring semester start) or August 6, 2021 (fall semester start.)
There are several different Student Health Records, so please be sure you select the
correct one. Visit the Student Health and Counseling Center webpage for more information or call 215-596-7133 or 215-596-8980 with any questions.
- Complete the Student Health Insurance Waiver/Enrollment Process Undergraduate students registered for six or more credits and graduate students registered
for five or more credits are required to enroll in the University’s Student Health
Insurance Plan (SHIP). Students who are able to demonstrate comparable coverage may be able to opt out of
the SHIP. Visit the Student Health Insurance webpage for more information or call First Risk Advisors, 267-880-2300 with any questions.
- Complete the Math and Writing Placements You will be contacted via email if the math and/or writing placement exercises are
- Review the University's computing requirements Review the computing requirements for the university community. For questions, reach out to the Information Technology
department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy, and Physical Therapy Students: Review your program's
Essential Functions / Technical Standards If you are an Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy, or Physical Therapy student, review the Essential Functions/Technical Standards before the semester begins.
- Pre-Physician Assistant Students: Complete Required Shadowing or Direct Patient Contact
Hours First year transfer students are required to complete 50 hours, and students transferring
into the second year must complete 150 hours of shadowing or direct patient contact prior
to the first day of classes. Examples of direct patient contact opportunities can
be found here. Use this form to document your hours.
- Chat Online Join the Admission Team for an Accepted Transfer Student Chat to get your questions answered about your next steps for your first semester. Watch
your email for the date and access instructions,
Attend Our Welcome Week Events All transfer students are invited and encouraged to participate in welcome weekend and welcome week programming prior to the start of Fall semester. In addition to general activities, transfer students are encouraged to participate in specific transfer programming during this week. More information to come!
- Students with Disabilities: USciences supports the educational endeavors of all students, including students
with disabilities. ADA defines a disability as a mental or physical impairment that
substantially limits one or more major life activities. If you have a disability and
would like more information about how to request accommodations (i.e. academic, housing,
dining, clinical, etc.), please contact the Program Coordinator of Student Accommodations
who serves as 504 Coordinator at 215-596-8758 or OSA@usciences.edu.
- Show Your School Spirit Check out the USciences gear at our online spirit store and get yours now!
For students entering into or considering pursuing certain healthcare programs at USciences:
Students offered admission to USciences and who are considering pursuing certain healthcare related careers must be aware that a positive criminal background check could lead to an inability to participate with field experience sites, not graduating on time, dismissal from the program, and/or an inability to become licensed in some healthcare or healthcare related professions.
Important Dates 2021-2022
January 18: First day of spring 2021 classes
August 31: First day of fall 2021 classes
Financial Aid: 215-596-8894
Residential Life: 215-596-8756
Info Technology Helpdesk: email@example.com
Meal Plans: 215-596-8901
Student Health: 215-596-8980
Student Accounts: 215-596-8860