In This Section
Information for Deposited Undergraduate / First-time Students
Congratulations! Your hard work and dedication have paid off. Now it's time to get ready for this next exciting stage in your life. There's a lot to do before your first day of class, so we've provided some helpful information, resources and deadlines:
- Submit Your Housing Deposit (if you haven't done so already) Students interested in living on campus will also need to submit a housing deposit* online. The housing deposit is $200. All unmarried first and second year students under
the age of 21 whose permanent address is beyond the 30-mile commuting range are required
to reside in University housing for the first two years.
* Housing deposits are nonrefundable and will be applied to your bill.
- Set Up Your Housing Account Once you have submitted your housing deposit, check your email in June for information
from the Office of Residence Life and Student Life. Specific information regarding
setting up your housing account, choosing roommates, and other information will be
provided. This email will be sent to the primary email address associated with your
University application. Create your housing account and submit your housing preferences by July 1. Students who wish to make a preference
for a specific roommate should also follow these instructions by July 1.
- Have You Applied for Financial Aid Yet? If you plan to be considered for need-based aid, complete the FAFSA as soon as possible. Contact the Financial Aid Office to ensure that you have filed all necessary paperwork. Our financial aid counselors
will notify you of steps to take to complete the Master Promissory Note and Entrance
- Submit any Remaining Necessary Documents ASAP Send any AP, IB, CLEP, and/or any/all official college transcripts and credit information
to the Admission Office as soon as they become available to ensure your classes are
- Complete your Student Health Record Complete your Student Health Record by August 2, 2019. There are several different Student Health Records, so please
be sure you select the correct one. Visit the Student Health and Counseling Center webpage for more information or call 215-596-8980 with any questions.
- Complete the Student Health Insurance Waiver/Enrollment Process Students registered for five or more credits are required to enroll in the University’s
Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). Students who are able to demonstrate comparable coverage may be able to opt of the
SHIP. Visit the Student Health and Counseling Center webpage for more information or call 215-596-8536 with any questions.
- Complete the Math and Writing Placements First-Year Students: You are required to take both a math placement and writing placement exercise. Check your email in May for more information. Each placement exercise
is due by June 30. Transfer Students: You will be contacted via email if the math and/or writing placement exercises are
- Commuter Students The university partners with SEPTA for a select number of discounted student commuter
passes per semester. Passes are purchased on a first come, first served basis. Please
contact Sue Pettus in the university Controller’s Office at 215-596-8912 or email@example.com for more information. The deadlines for the discounted passes are the beginning of
July (fall passes) and the end of November (spring passes).
- Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy, and Physical Therapy Students: Review Your Program's
Essential Functions / Technical Standards If you are an Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy, or Physical Therapy student, review the Essential Functions/Technical Standards before the semester begins.
- Pre-Physician Assistant Students: Complete Required Shadowing or Direct Patient Contact
Hours First year undergraduate students are required to complete 50 hours of shadowing or
direct patient contact prior to the first day of classes. Examples of direct patient
contact opportunities can be found here. Use this form to document your hours.
- Attend Orientation Spend two days on campus getting to know your future classmates, learning all about
USciences, and having a great time! 2020 Orientation sessions are June 17-18, June
22-23, and June 24-25. Check back in early spring to register.
- Show Your School Spirit Check out the USciences gear at our online spirit store and get yours now!
For students entering into or considering pursuing certain healthcare programs at USciences:
Students offered admission to USciences and who are considering pursuing certain healthcare related careers must be aware that a positive criminal background check could lead to an inability to participate with field experience sites, not graduating on time, dismissal from the program, and/or an inability to become licensed in some healthcare or healthcare related professions.
Important Dates 2020-2021
May 1: Enrollment deadline
June 17-18, 22-23 or 24-25:
August 28: Move-in Day
August 31: First day of classes
Financial Aid: 215-596-8894
Residential Life: 215-596-8756
Meal Plans: 215-596-8901
Student Health: 215-596-8980
Student Accounts: 215-596-8860