In This Section
Information for Deposited Undergraduate / First-time Students
Congratulations! Your hard work and dedication have paid off. Now it's time to get ready for this next exciting stage in your life. There's a lot to do before your first day of class, so we've provided some helpful information, resources and deadlines:
- Submit Your Housing Deposit (if you haven't done so already) Students interested in living on campus will also need to submit a housing deposit* online. The housing deposit is $200. All unmarried first and second year students under
the age of 21 whose permanent address is beyond the 30-mile commuting range are required
to reside in University housing for the first two years. Students who live within a 30-mile radius of campus have the option to sign a one
year housing agreement.
* Housing deposits are nonrefundable and will be applied to your bill.
- Set Up Your Housing Account Once you have submitted your housing deposit, check your email in June for information
from the Office of Residence Life and Student Life. Specific information regarding
setting up your housing account, choosing roommates, and other information will be
provided. This email will be sent to the primary email address associated with your
University application. Create your housing account and submit your housing preferences by July 2.
- Have You Applied for Financial Aid Yet? If you plan to be considered for need-based aid, complete the FAFSA as soon as possible. Contact the Financial Aid Office to ensure that you have filed all necessary paperwork. Our financial aid counselors
will notify you of steps to take to complete the Master Promissory Note and Entrance
- Submit any Remaining Necessary Documents ASAP Send any AP, IB, CLEP, and/or any/all official college transcripts and credit information
to the Admission Office as soon as they become available to ensure your classes are
- Complete your Student Health Record Complete your Student Health Record by August 3. Contact the Student Health and Counseling Center with any questions at 215-596-8980
- Complete the Math and Writing Placements First-Year Students: You are required to take both a math placement and writing placement exercise. Check your email in May for more information. Each placement exercise
is due by June 30. Transfer Student: You will be contacted via email if the math and/or writing placement exercises are
- Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy, and Physical Therapy Students: Review Your Program's
Essential Functions / Technical Standards If you are an Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy, or Physical Therapy student, review the Essential Functions/Technical Standards before the semester begins.
- Physician Assistant Students: Complete Required Shadowing Hours First year undergraduate students are required to complete 50 hours of shadowing/direct
patient health care prior to the first day of classes. Use this form to document your hours. For questions, contact Deborah Summers, Undergraduate Pre-Professional
Physician Assistant Program Director, at email@example.com.
- Attend Orientation Spend two days on campus getting to know your future classmates, learning all about
USciences, and having a great time! Register for one of the 2018 Orientation sessions.
- Show Your School Spirit Check out the USciences gear at our online spirit store and get yours now!
Important Dates 2018-2019
June 20-21, June 25-26, or June 27-28: First-year Orientation
August 24: Move-in Day
August 27: First day of classes
Financial Aid: 215-596-8894
Residential Life: 215-596-8756
Meal Plans: 215-596-8901
Student Health: 215-596-8980
Student Accounts: 215-596-8860