In This Section
Important Information for Post-Baccalaureate Occupational Therapy Students, accepted for 2019
Pre-Requisite Course Work
All pre-requisite courses must be completed prior to beginning classes in May. Outstanding items in your student file will impact your ability to progress in the program. It is the student’s responsibility to submit proof of course completion(s) by Friday, May 24, 2019 to Aimee Viggiani at email@example.com.
Applicants and students are required to be able to perform specified essential functions (with or without reasonable accommodations) in order to enter into the program, to progress through the curricula, and to meet graduation requirements for the OT department. You are expected to read the Essential Functions document and bring a signed copy of the checklist with you to your first class on May 28, 2019. You may also mail a copy prior to orientation to:
University of the Sciences
600 S. 43rd Street, Box 8
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Orientation for Post-Baccalaureate Occupational Therapy Students
Orientation is mandatory for all students. Orientation will provide information about campus, registration, photograph ID, and technology accounts. More information about Orientation will be forthcoming in the spring. A formal orientation typically occurs on the new student’s first day on campus (see below).
Summer housing is available on campus for summer classes. Please visit our Residence Life page for more information about on- and off-campus housing options.
Student Health Requirements
Student Health Record
For students starting in Summer 2018/Fall 2019, the Student Health Record is to be completed and uploaded to the Student Health Portalno later than August 2, 2019.You will need to make a copy of parts of the Student Health Record to upload to the Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy electronic record management system (CORE ELMS), as well. *Occupational Therapy students must submit their Health Record and other documents to CORE ELMS by the dates listed on their forms.If you will be residing in University Housing during the summer session, you must submit proof of Meningococcal vaccination (after the age of 16) no later than May 10, 2019. For questions or concerns, please visit the , please visit the Student Health and Counseling webpage or call 215-596-8980.
* The OT department requires mandatory clearances to be completed BEFORE you begin coursework in August. Not providing these to our CORE database will result in late fee penalties. Please contact our Fieldwork Coordinators if you have questions. An orientation to CORE and requirements occurs during the summer class session.
Tuition and Fees
Post-Baccalaureate MOT students, review your tuition and fee information.
Post-Baccalaureate DrOT students, review your tuition and fee information.
Additional Information/Next Steps
- Join us for a post-baccalaureate OT accepted student chat and get your questions answered by our admission staff.
- Plan to attend the Graduate Student Socialat University of the Sciences on Wednesday, March 13 from 5:30-7pm (with tours starting at 4:30pm for OT students.)
- Join our Occupational Therapy Facebook group.
- Check your inbox and mailbox for additional accepted student information in April. If you have any other questions, please feel free to call Carmela Matthews, Administrative Coordinator at 215-895-3123.