Move-in day and the 12th annual convocation ceremony kick off an activity-packed Welcome Week on Friday, August 24, 2018, as University of the Sciences welcomes incoming students.
Athletic Recreation Center (ARC)
43rd Street and Woodland Ave, Across from Goodman Hall
8:30 a.m.–10:30 a.m*.
To park in the main parking lots, enter at 45th St. and Woodland Ave. and follow the signs to these lots. Once on campus, you will enter the ARC through the south entrance door leading to the Bobby Morgan Arena. University staff will be on site to direct you.
*Commuter students may begin to check-in at 10 a.m. Anyone arriving later than 11 a.m. should check-in at Goodman Hall.
An invitation is extended to your family to attend the opening Convocation program on Friday, August 24th from 2–3pm in the Bobby Morgan Arena, located inside the Athletic/Recreation Center. Families have always been an important part of this program, and we hope your family will join us.
Student Life designed the Welcome Week program to help acclimate new students to college life, both academically and socially. It is for this reason that we require the entire incoming class to attend. Meetings with academic personnel will provide you with information that you will use on a daily basis.
During the weekend, you will participate in special activities planned by the Student Government Association, Resident Advisors, and your Orientation Leaders. All these activities will help you become more comfortable with your new environment, and give you an opportunity to meet your fellow classmates. See the full schedule for students.
Hold Harmless Agreement
The Division of Student Affairs trusts that you will attend the activities provided during Welcome Week and continue to participate in campus life throughout your time here. In order to participate in off-campus activities during Welcome Week, all students must complete a Hold Harmless Agreement. Forms will be distributed upon your arrival. If you have not reached the age of 18, we will need your parent or guardian to sign the form.
Residence Hall Move-In (Residents only)
Your residence hall room key will be issued to you during the check-in process. Please review the information mailed to you during the summer.
- Review the Move-in 101 document for a list of recommended and prohibited items
- Members of University student organizations will be available to assist you with moving in (look for students wearing Orientation staff shirts).
- All USciences students residing in University housing must have the meningitis (meningococcal) vaccine and submit documentation of vaccination to the Student Health and Counseling Center(SHAC) student health portal.
- You may view your current room assignment at https://housing.usciences.edu/
- Please remember, Goodman Hall does not have an elevator and Osol Hall has only one elevator. Please pack in small containers and boxes.
The Division of Student Affairs is looking forward to your arrival. Prior to Welcome Week you may contact Student Life via phone at 215-596-8756 with any additional questions.