Family Fall Fest
Saturday, November 5, 2016
9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia Campus
You’re invited to celebrate University of the Sciences pride at Family Fall Fest. This annual event brings the campus to life with students and their families, alumni and friends, and faculty and staff, for a festive and activity-packed day.
Registration opens at 9:00 a.m.
Location: McNeil Science and Technology Center (STC), Atrium
Sign in and get an updated schedule as event locations are subject to change depending on number of registrants. Continental breakfast will be served.
Schedule of Events
Student Affairs Parents Connection Series
9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
McNeil Science and Technology Center (STC), 145
Attend this session and you will learn about how to address your student's academic performance (and support their even greater successes) during spring semester. Additional topics may include what to expect from your student when they return for winter break and how to renegotiate your parent-child relationship after a semester of college independence.
Classes without Quizzes I
Return to the lecture halls to meet with our current faculty and learn something new in concurrent classes throughout the day. (choose one per time slot)
- "Ic(k)" Factors in Healthcare: a look at technologic, economic and genomic future of healthcare, by Andrew Peterson PharmD, PhD, Dean, Mayes College
- Mind Full or Mindful? Integrating Mindful Moments into Your Crazy Busy Day, by Heidi Freeman, PhD, Director of Exercise Science and Wellness Management, Samson College
Walking Tours of Campus
10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
McNeil STC, Atrium, Meet at Registration
Take the time to explore campus with a student ambassador, designed to highlight common spaces and buildings, both old and new. Most tours are one hour in duration (walking shoes recommended).
10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Join the USciences Anime Club for food and light refreshments served by your favorite anime, cartoon, and video game characters! The Cosplay Cafe allows its guests to tap into their inner childhood and interact with members for a fun and memorable experience.
Town Hall with President Paul Katz
McNeil STC, AstraZeneca Auditorium
Come hear the University's 25th President talk about our current position and its future at a town hall session; open to the entire USciences community.
Women's Volleyball versus Goldey-Beacom College
12:00 p.m. (game starts)
Athletic/Recreation Center (ARC), Bobby Morgan Arena
Root for the Devils! Paint your face, do some cheers, and show your school spirit. (this is an updated/different description than what is on the alumni reunion site).
12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Wilson Dining Hall
Our chef and dining staff prepare a delicious, seasonal meal that will have you going up for seconds. Come with a big appetite!
Student Organization and College Fair
Over 50 student organizations and college departments will participate in this gathering of activities and information. Geared for both children and adults, this is a great way to experience your student's extracurricular involvements. Visit the tables at the fair and learn what really goes on in--and outside of the classroom at USciences.
Student Poster Fair
Griffith Hall Lobby
Join USciences students for a showcase of their research that illustrates the breadth of their pursuits.
Classes without Quizzes II
- Insomnia: Students Don't Need to Sleep, but Alumni and Parents Do, by Jennifer A. Reinhold BA, PharmD, BCPS, Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy (free CPE credit)*
- Introduction to Brewing Science at USciences by Matthew J. Farber, PhD, Director of the Brewing Science Program, Misher College
S.O.U.L. Arts Festival sponsored by PCA
McNeil STC, Atrium
The Pilipino Cultural Association and Dance Teamhosts this high-energy event. Celebrate the talent of our students while they show off their creativity through dance, performance and other artistic media.
Classes without Quizzes III
- Medical Marijuana: Is It Really Therapeutics or Just For Kicks? Philadelphia College of Pharmacy (free CPE credit)*
- Introduction to Brewing Science at USciences by Matthew J. Farber, PhD, Director of the Brewing Science Certificate Program, Misher College
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495