In This Section
2018 Graduation and Commencement
When: Wednesday, May 23, 2018, 1pm
Where: The Liacouras Center
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Multipurpose Room, ARC
Stop by and pick up your regalia, pick up extra tickets, check your name pronunciation and grab a quick snack.
Wednesday, May 23, 2018
McNeil STC, Room 145
This interdenominational service is open to all graduating members of the USciences community.
Legacy Society members are invited to the join the baccalaureate service and the photo opportunity immediately after service in the McNeil STC atrium.
Wednesday, May 23, 2018, 1pm
The Liacouras Center
1776 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19121
All graduates will receive 10 graduation announcements and 8 admission tickets. They will be available in mid-April from the Deans' Offices (see contact information below.)
About the Liacouras Center
- Seating is first come, first serve.
- Doors will open one hour prior to the ceremony start time.
- Balloons are not permitted.
- Flowers are permissible in the Liacouras Center. We have made arrangements to have a vendor on site should you wish to purchase flowers before entering the arena.
- Outside food and beverage are not permitted. Snack stands will be open prior and during the ceremony.
- No Smoking—the Liacouras Center is a smoke-free facility.
- No Re-Entry will be permitted. Once you enter the venue, you will not be allowed to exit and reenter.
- Parking—please consult the Liacouras Center web site for a map of parking garages and fees.
- For general directions to the venue, please consult the Liacouras Center web site.
- The Liacouras Center is a stop on many public transportation routes, please consult the Liacouras Center website for details.
- Reserved Seating for Guests with Disabilities—Reserved seating is available for persons
using a wheelchair, are visually impaired or hearing impaired. Please contact Michele
Albert at 215-596-7619 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve seats. Due to the limited handicap seating at the Liacouras Center, only
the handicapped person and one other member of your party will be seated in the reserved
- Handicap seating at the Liacouras Center is limited and we are almost at capacity, please contact our offices ASAP to make arrangements.
Graduates with Disabilities
Please inform us if you are unable to walk up or down stairs, are visually or hearing impaired. We can make arrangements to accommodate you and enable you to participate in the Commencement ceremony. Please contact Michele Albert at 215-596-7619 or email@example.com.
Legacy Society Information and Seating
At USciences, legacy is defined as any individual – University student or alumnus – with a familial connection to another University student or alumnus, including those related by marriage.
Alumni Relations is pleased to celebrate the long-standing tradition of generations of families who have attended University of the Sciences in Philadelphia with our Legacy Society.
As stated above, all legacy society members are welcome to attend the Baccalaureate Service as well as at attend the Legacy Society photo opportunity after the end of the service.
We would like to offer seating in the reserved section to Legacy Society guests of our graduates.
If any of your guests – parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins or siblings – are alumni of USciences, then your party is eligible for Legacy Seating in the Reserved Section.
Please send an e-mail to Brooke Robinson at b.robinson.@usciences.edu with the following information:
- Your parents’ name
- Legacy Society member’s name (if not one of your parents)
- Number of guests in the party
With this information, we will be able to guarantee space in the Reserved Section for your guests.
International students may have family members overseas who need a Visa to enter the United States to attend commencement. University Dean's office can provide a letter of invitation with appropriate details needed for documentation or contact William Keyes: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact your College with questions or requests:
- Samson College of Health Sciences: email@example.com
- Misher College of Arts & Science: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mayes College of Healthcare Business and Policy: email@example.com
- Philadelphia College of Pharmacy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Caps and Gowns
The cap and gown will be provided to you at no charge and will be distributed on campus - schedule to be provided.
Students receiving a degree in May and participating in Commencement
Diplomas are not distributed during the ceremony. Diploma pick up is immediately following the ceremony at the Liacouras Center. Diplomas are only released to the graduating student.
For students receiving a degree in May and not participating in Commencement
The Registrar’s Office will deliver diplomas via UPS approximately one week after Commencement. Please be sure that the Registrar’s Office has a valid current address. Note: UPS will not deliver to a PO Box. If the addressee is not present to receive the delivery, UPS will leave the package at the door.
Other (Non-May) Graduation Dates
The Registrar’s Office orders diplomas from the printer on the actual date of graduation for non-May graduation dates. The printer provides the diploma to USciences approximately six to eight weeks after receiving an order.
The Registrar’s Office will then deliver diplomas to graduates via USPS. Please be sure that the Registrar's Office has a valid current address prior to your graduation date.
Students who anticipate graduating with a minor should check on WebAdvisor to confirm that the minor is listed. If you have any questions regarding your minor, please contact the department where your minor is offered.
Professional photographs will be taken during the event and will be available after the event. Photos are available online at events.lifetouch.com.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495