In This Section
Social Media Competition - Eligibility and Instructions
Who may participate
- High school sophomores, juniors or seniors. Students under eighteen must obtain written permission from parent(s) or guardian.
- Individuals or teams of up to three students
- Creative or production assistance is not permitted from other people (parents, teachers, etc.) unless required to aid developmentally or physically challenged students.
- USciences supports the educational endeavors of all students, including students with disabilities. ADA defines a disability as a mental or physical impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities. If you believe that you have a disability that may impact your ability to participate in this contest and you would like more information on applying for an accommodation under ADA, please contact the ADA Coordinator at USciences at 215.596.8758.
- Relatives of USciences employees are not eligible to participate
- All participants are required to complete and sign the entry form. Forms must be completed in their entirety to be valid for participation.
- Participants must attend the competition and awards ceremony on March 4, 2017 to be eligible for cash prizes and scholarships.
- Final campaign presentations must include the following materials:
- PowerPoint presentation (5-7 slides) describing the rationale for the campaign, the campaign strategy and how it would be implemented
- Actual or mock social media campaign materials such as YouTube, Facebook, or other media as determined by the team
- Entry form must be completed by Monday, February 27, 2017 and submitted as pdf file or WORD document. Email to: USciences_businessfirstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can be submitted to email@example.com
- Final campaign presentations (see above) must be submitted by Wednesday, March 1, 2017. Email to: USciences_businessfirstname.lastname@example.org
Other Important Information
- Students under eighteen years of age may not purchase cigarettes, and those under twenty-one years of age may not purchase alcohol as part of this campaign.
- Other individuals may appear in or perform in photographs or videos. A release should be signed for those filmed or photographed. Permission of parents or guardians must be signed if the subject is under eighteen years of age. Minors may not be filmed smoking, and those under twenty-one may not be filmed consuming alcohol. Any person captured in video or photographs must sign a release for filming and confirm that they are eighteen or older if they are shown smoking and/or twenty-one or older if they are shown consuming alcohol.
- Use of copyrighted material other than recorded music is prohibited unless accompanied by permission to use these materials.
- Plagiarism is defined as taking and using another person’s ideas, writings or inventions as one’s own. Plagiarized entries will be disqualified.
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495