USciences Physical Therapy Faculty, Students, and Alumni to be Honored at Annual Meeting
Published on December 18, 2017
Three faculty members are receiving awards at the American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting in New Orleans, La., on Feb. 21, 2018. The annual meeting is attended by over 10,000 PT professionals. In addition, one faculty member and his students are up for an award that will be announced at the event, while a recent alumnus will be honored with a professional award.
- Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy Shelly Lewis, PT, DPT, GCS, will receive the Academy of Geriatric Physical Therapy’s Clinical Educator Award.
- Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy Dave Logerstedt, PT, PhD, MPT, MA, SCS, will receive the Excellence In Education Award from the Sports Physical Therapy Section.
- Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy Eric Folkins, PT, DPT, OCS, and his 2017 capstone students are nominated for recognition for their exemplary abstract and poster by the orthopedic section.
- Associate Professor of Physical Therapy Anne Galgon, PT, PhD, NCS, for earning the 2018 Academy of Neurologic Physical Therapy Award for Service Alum.
- Robert Hand DPT’14 has won the 2018 Academy of Neurologic Physical Therapy Early Career Professional Award.
Earlier this year, Professor of Physical Therapy and Associate Dean Carol Maritz, PT, EdD, GCS, received the Pennsylvania Physical Therapy Association Special Interest Group Award (Geriatrics).