Student Chapter of ACSP Awarded Student Organization of the Year
Published on June 25, 2018
The Philadelphia College of Pharmacy student chapter of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP) was recently awarded USciences Student Organization of the Year.
Building upon their mission of helping older adults with safe medication use, the chapter was recognized for their expanded activities both on and off the college campus in the areas of leadership, service, Inter-professional education, public health and their mission to older adults.
Highlights of the year include:
- Planning and participating in the professional development track for ASCP’s Mid-Atlantic Regional Annual Conference held in Baltimore in August 2017
- Hosting the 2nd Annual Falls Prevention Awareness Day on Sept 22 during the National Week of Fall Prevention (coinciding with the start of fall)
- Educating members of Star Harbor Senior Center on the Vial of Life program while collaborating with student APhA on Heart Health Education.
- Participating for the 8th consecutive year in the Walk to End Alzheimers at Citizen’s Bank Park along with USciences alumni and advocating for Alzheimers research
- Hosting an ASCP Speaker Event with geriatrician, Dr. Richard Stefanacci, discussing Medicare Part D and ASCP PA Board Member, Paul Caceres discussing transition from university to pharmacist.
This incredibly productive year could not have been successful without the leadership of President Lalitha Sukumar and the eBoard members.
President: Lalitha Sukumar
President Elect: Dan Kim
Vice President: Hannah Bittner
Treasurer: Natasha Stroedecke
Secretary: Jacklyn Suarez
SGA Rep: Jessica Ihem
PCP Rep: Brittaney Auker
Special Events Coordinators: Tanielle Aristilde
Historian: Ina Pajo
Advertising and Social Media: Tracey Ngo
Chapter Advisor is Laura Finn, BCGP, FASCP who is also the current president of the Pennsylvania Chapter of ASCP.